• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 967,857

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Most ideal window

Jesus, Gakpo, Tielemans, Hickey, +1 CM

These signings, realistically Should get us top 4
Add Bissouma or Phillips and that's probably a spend of £160m. Think we would need something better than Gakpo. Like a different style of number 9. Schik/DCL but neither really excite me.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Gundogan is a beautiful player, the absolute creme de la creme, but his injury record is a worry. I do love him though.
Great player but not what we need going forward. Need younger (25-26) and someone who is aiming for the top. Not dropping down.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Great player but not what we need going forward. Need younger (25-26) and someone who is aiming for the top. Not dropping down.

He's still good for another few years if his knees can take it. Luka Modric is 36.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He's still good for another 2 years if his knees can take it.
You've already said if his knees can take it. That's a risk we don't need. No buying City/Chelsea/United hand me downs who are in their 30s. We are not a retirement home.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You've already said if his knees can take it. That's a risk we don't need. No buying City/Chelsea/United hand me downs who are in their 30s. We are not a retirement home.

But his quality is out of this world. He wins you games. Did you watch him today? Did you watch him at all this season? Or last season? He's amazing. ESR and our other young midfielders training with him, learning from him, that alone is worth something.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah would be too keen on spending 45m on him either. I doubt he's available cheaper but 35m and I would be tempted.
For £35 mil you do it. Worth the risk imo. Arteta & the player kmow each other well & he is still performing at very high level & is has a wealth of good experience.

Would be a great buy for 2-3 seasons.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Partey and Gundogan might be able to scrap together a season between them.

He is a concern but I’ve got to agree with @Rimaal on this if we can get someone of his proven quality then pull the trigger. To say no because we’ve pissed away money guys like Willian, Cech and Cedric is a massive disrespect to Gundogan.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For £35 mil you do it. Worth the risk imo. Arteta & the player kmow each other well & he is still performing at very high level & is has a wealth of good experience.

Would be a great buy for 2-3 seasons.
I'm talking about DCL for 35m not Gundogan.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But his quality is out of this world. He wins you games. Did you watch him today? Did you watch him at all this season? Or last season? He's amazing. ESR and our other young midfielders training with him, learning from him, that alone is worth something.
Yeah I don't disagree. But a midfield of Gundogan and Partey both injury prone. Gundogan dropping down a level so may not have the same intensity and drive. I would look elsewhere to be honest unless it was really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom