• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 967,938

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Itā€™s like our club hates negotiating for players :lol:

Been like that for a while now. Either release clause or someone thatā€™s been flogged around to clubs and even when we try to negotiate we gross overpay for a player (Ben White) or mess it up/offend teams ala Luis Suarez, Cabaye etc.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I still think Spence is pointless when we have Norton-Cuffy.
I'm really excited about Norton-Cuffy after watching those highlight clips you shared in the loan thread. He needs another season cooking in the Championship probably, but what a talent. Going to be immense.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ƙdegaard
Itā€™s like our club hates negotiating for players :lol:

Been like that for a while now. Either release clause or someone thatā€™s been flogged around to clubs and even when we try to negotiate we gross overpay for a player (Ben White) or mess it up/offend teams ala Luis Suarez, Cabaye etc.
Why would Chelsea agree to any fair negotiation to strengthen us? The only players they were happy to give away were like washed up Cech. They didn't even want to give Ba to us in 2013/14.

Mudi

Or it makes it easier.

Assume that there is a clause where one of the parties can get rid of the contract with a penalty, it can make it easier to negotiate with Chelsea. Assume that Chelsea needs to pay Roma 20Ā£m if they terminate the contract, it means that if we would bid 60Ā£m, Chelsea would make 40Ā£m instead of 35Ā£m and also receive its money immediately.

Still rather have Jesus and DCL to replace Lacazette and Nketiah.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Why would Chelsea agree to any fair negotiation to strengthen us? The only players they were happy to give away were like washed up Cech. They didn't even want to give Ba to us in 2013/14.

That was more Mourinho being a **** and trying to stop us from signing Demba Ba, I donā€™t think Roman cared if he left Stamford Bridge since he wasnā€™t needed. Mata and Matic moving to Utd were two other examples where they couldnā€™t care less whether they moved.

If the reports are to believed then Jose is not stopping Tammy from moving back to England.

Anyways, if we have that sort of thinking then weā€™d never sign anyone. Liverpool didnā€™t want to sell Suarez to us but Iā€™m sure they would have done so had we went in with a 60m+ bid initially however we annoyed them with the 40m + Ā£1 bid. Same goes for Cabaye but we disrespected Newcastle with a ā€œderisoryā€ offer.

The negotiation skills at the club has been off for a while now which is why weā€™re reactive and tip toe our way around the market with players who have release clauses, getting flogged around and have a year left on their deals rather than go for what we actually need.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
The relegated teams usually have a few good players but it's pretty slim pickings this year.

Aarons, Cornet, Collins, McNeil, Roberts, Pedro, Dennis, Sarr, have I missed any?

None of them really doing anything for me except maybe Roberts, I think he us really underrated, decent defender and has a massive engine, better than Cedric and Aarons in my opinion. I think McNeil is a decent footballer but we have absolutely no need for a left winger.

Thereā€™s also Cucho Hernandez, Joao Pedro, Pope, Imran Louza and Ernie McCracken.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

The relegated teams usually have a few good players but it's pretty slim pickings this year.

Aarons, Cornet, Collins, McNeil, Roberts, Pedro, Dennis, Sarr, have I missed any?

None of them really doing anything for me except maybe Roberts, I think he us really underrated, decent defender and has a massive engine, better than Cedric and Aarons in my opinion. I think McNeil is a decent footballer but we have absolutely no need for a left winger.

Sarr would be a solid Pepe replacement.

A strong agree on Roberts fwiw

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

@2Smokeyy acting like he's some technical director of his made-up soccer club on a video game here. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom