• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,521

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Of course we had to pay him off, but we still save a chunk. Thought this was all well known?

We gave him 6 months wages upfront to leave. So they saved the last year wages. Could have used him for the last 6 months and found him a club in the summerv
Exactly it's not the " £25M saving in wages " it was made out to be if we paid him £7M upfront. It's a joke of a situation how much we've spent on paying players to leave.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Exactly it's not the " £25M saving in wages " it was made out to be if we paid him £7M upfront. It's a joke of a situation how much we've spent on paying players to leave.

Not disagreeing with you, but it's still savings from having him tied down till the contract end. This whole use him and sell him was never going to be an option.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not anymore unfortunately.

What’s changed?

Personally, I’d keep a close eye on the lads that Celtic signed. Give Hatate a year and then we should scoop him up from Scotland, I think he’ll be a great pick up in a year or so.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It sounds like the manager made it clear I will never play him no matter what. So they accepted his demand and it became about saving what you can. I wish Auba stayed and made the weirdo uncomfortable. Tweet after each game we don’t win about how much he want to help the team

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What’s changed?

Personally, I’d keep a close eye on the lads that Celtic signed. Give Hatate a year and then we should scoop him up from Scotland, I think he’ll be a great pick up in a year or so.

He's not needed anymore in our team I don't think. Don't get me wrong though he's still a baller but not sure where he'd fit in at this moment.

I worry a bit about Bundo league tax as well.

Nkunku seems like one of those we pay top dollar for when he's 26 and fully established and we're a CL team pushing for a title.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's not needed anymore in our team I don't think. Don't get me wrong though he's still a baller but not sure where he'd fit in at this moment.

I worry a bit about Bundo league tax as well.

Nkunku seems like one of those we pay top dollar for when he's 26 and fully established and we're a CL team pushing for a title.

Had some doubts over him but saw a bit of him in the CL this season. That game against City, he looked really good especially his overall play which was very impressive too.

You’re right tho. Can see Leipzig holding out for a hefty sum as they have no reason to sell him right now plus his contract is up in 2024.

Wouldn’t mind Guedes tbh as his contract is up in 2023 and is another one that has impressed me for Valencia. We could probably get Bissouma for a cut priced deal too but there are still question marks over his case.

Malky

Established Member
Not disagreeing with you, but it's still savings from having him tied down till the contract end. This whole use him and sell him was never going to be an option.
I do agree - people were kidding themselves if they thought he'd play for us again - rinsed in public, stripped of the captaincy, left out the squads etc. There was no way back for him. Getting his wages off the book was basically the best case scenario. It's just a few on here were very naive thinking Barca had taken him off our hands, Auba walked away from his contract here, deal done, money saved . When infact it was another case of Edu paying players to leave.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Some good talent that we can get if we secure CL football.

Didn’t we have some interest in Evan N'Dicka? Seems like his contract is coming to an end very soon.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Assuming Leno, Laca, Nketiah and Elneny all leave there are definite spots in the squad for,

GK, DC, MC, AMC, SC (x2)

The first 2 could be already be done with Turner and Saliba returning. Maybe AMC is already done too if they consider ESR cover for both AMC and AML. So we definitely need either 3 or 4 signings, hopefully of real quality.

We could also maybe have to replace Cedric and Pepe, still between 3 and 6 signings doesn't sound too bad. We could have a very balanced, lean squad with a sensible wage structure by the start of next season.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You have to wonder if we should also consider an out and out defensive midfielder. It would give us more tactical flexibility. Right now, we can't really play 4-1-4-1. You can shoehorn Partey in, but it's really not his game. Elneny is honestly not good enough.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You have to wonder if we should also consider an out and out defensive midfielder. It would give us more tactical flexibility. Right now, we can't really play 4-1-4-1. You can shoehorn Partey in, but it's really not his game. Elneny is honestly not good enough.

Well if Partey can do more of what he did against City then he fits nicely into a 4141 setup, where Partey plays the single pivot in the 433 and defensive CM in the 4231. That would be a bonus, and I hope Arteta works on that aspect of his game, playing the 6 or 8 role depending on the game situation.

But if we really want to step up our midfield game, then we must build on Partey's abillity to play that dual role AND bring in someone like Frenkie De Jong IMO.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I expect Leno, Saliba, Pepe will all leave in the summer plus one of either Laca/Eddie. Probably pay off the last couple of years of Cedric's deal as well. We've probably seen the last of those out on loan barring Balogun who himself will probably spend another year on loan somewhere.

Sounds crazy to think of something like 7/8 players coming in but you've kind of got to think that will happen with European football next season as well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I expect Leno, Saliba, Pepe will all leave in the summer plus one of either Laca/Eddie. Probably pay off the last couple of years of Cedric's deal as well. We've probably seen the last of those out on loan barring Balogun who himself will probably spend another year on loan somewhere.

Sounds crazy to think of something like 7/8 players coming in but you've kind of got to think that will happen with European football next season as well.

Sad that you include Saliba there, but its definitely looking that way.

Seven or eight players though, even with this different Arsenal in the market do I find it difficult to believe that to be honest. I just cant see us spending so much money in one go, even if we need to do it.

Personally, I think three to four players maximum. I just hope we dont keep players like Lacazette and Nketiah.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Sad that you include Saliba there, but its definitely looking that way.

Seven or eight players though, even with this different Arsenal in the market do I find it difficult to believe that to be honest. I just cant see us spending so much money in one go, even if we need to do it.

Personally, I think three to four players maximum. I just hope we dont keep players like Lacazette and Nketiah.

We've backed ourself into a corner in that we kind of have to sell him now as he only has 2 years left on his contract. Common sense tells me that someone who hasn't played a minute for us won't be looking to extend. Elneny would be another I think we'll add to the outgoings as well.

I guess the number depends on whether we get CL or Europa. We'd definitely need that amount to try and do ourselves justice in the CL but if it ends up being Europa you'd think the finances would suggest we probably bring in less players.

I think we'll keep either Eddie or Laca around to backup whichever forward we bring in. Right now my money would be on an Nketiah extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom