• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,777

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The new Chelsea owner is as hungry as the previous one :facepalm:
It's hard to believe that Chelsea has enough funding to buy Raphinha, Sterling, and two CBs, but apperantly, they have :nope:
I think the best transfer we could wish for is to replace Kroenke's family with a caring owner
Chelsea's new ownership was always going to start with some schlong swinging - they tried to get Ronaldo ffs, and are dropping links to several £80m+ players in the press. It was always going to be this way this summer because they've got to win over the Abramovich acolytes who sing his name even as he's having his assets seized for supporting a regime that is bombing the **** out of another country for no good reason. Also, this new guy is an egomaniac who threw money around at his baseball franchise - as long as things go well, he'll spend...its when the reality check of a bad season despite spending a fortune kicks in that we'll see the difference with Abramovich - after all he doesn't need insurance from an assassins bullet or sportswashing to cover up the theft of billions of pounds worth of assets in exchange for propping up a dictatorship.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Instead of buying Vieira, we should have gone all in for Raphina (£60m) from the beginning and convince him from our project + go for Zinchenko (£25m) and Tielemanns (£25m) and we would have solved all our issues and strengthten a lot with £150m.

CF: Jesus, Nkethia
RW/LW: Raphina, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, ESR
AM: Ødegaard, ESR
CM: Tielemanns, Xhaka
DM: Partey, Zinchenko, Elneny
LB: Tierney, Zinchenko
CD: Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding
RB: Tomy, Cederic, White
GK: Ramsdale, Turner

Ramsdale
Tomy - White - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Odeegard - Tielemanns
Raphina - Jesus - Saka

Turner
White/Cederic - Saliba - Holding - Zinchenko
Elneny/Zinchenko
Xhaka - ESR
Martinelli - Nkethia - Raphina/Jesus/Saka​
Not sure 25m gets you Zinchenko to be honest. Plus Vieira looks a properly special talent (if a risky one). Some of his passing and shooting is 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Plus immediately paying the other side's top asking price to avoid the possibility of another team gazzumping you is not only a moronic way to negotiate and gets you stiffed on every subsequent transfer, but in any event, if Chelsea want the player, they'll be able to outbid us regardless of what offer we make. After all they are binning off their £100m striker after 1 poor season just to get most of his wages out the door. That's like Arteta's worst excesses x2

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
On the poll subject;

Was all for Raphinha but would also be happy with Richarlison just for his goal threat which I genuinely think we need.

Hes not always the prettiest player but he has that gritty determination like Sanchez did to succeed.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The one thing I'm pissed off about the Raphina deal is how fast Chelsea's offer was accepted after rejecting others. Some backroom dealings going on there for sure.

That said for me he's also been a really good addition, not a necessity.

Much more worried about Martinez being snatched up by United. Important buy, imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thank f**k we didn't lose out G.Jesus this one would hurt the most because it's starting 11 signing and an quality one.

I believe we'll try to act quick and get good winger before season start and hopefully we go aggressive about buying lisandro.

Edu got comfertable i told him to not BBQ he never learn.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Not realy that bummed out that we lost Raphinha tbf. While I do agree we need another winger since we don't really use Pepe, Raphina was a bit too expensive for my taste. I'd rather have us focus on developing Martinelli.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It's hard to believe that Chelsea has enough funding to buy Raphinha, Sterling, and two CBs, but apperantly, they have :nope:
I think the best transfer we could wish for is to replace Kroenke's family with a caring owner

I think Kroenke has shown that they are willing to spend on the team and manager.

The difference between ourselves and Chelsea is that we operate within a financial model, despite how rich our ownership is, and Chelsea dont. Chelsea's financial model means being carried by an owner, and they want to make a statement. Of course other factors like CL football plays a role as well.

Granted, we should have tried to make the deal sweeter, we failed and it sucks. But these things happen in football.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don't think this applies anymore. Stan truly didn't give a **** about the club's success, but our spending has gone up significantly since Josh became more involved. We were the biggest spenders in the league last season, and we'll likely be one of the biggest spenders again this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

If watts dissapointed I'm dissapointed too. He mentioned we targeting Osimhen and Richarlison before and he kept saying we talk with thier agents. but i highly doubt we going for either Osimhen look more next summer signing and Richarlison well if there chance go for it even tho Sp**s look way ahead of this one

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If watts dissapointed I'm dissapointed too. He mentioned we targeting Osimhen and Richarlison before and he kept saying we talk with thier agents. but i highly doubt we going for either Osimhen look more next summer signing and Richarlison well if there chance go for it even tho Sp**s look way ahead of this one

But the top gunners told me that Richarlison is **** when he was linked to Sp**s by Ornstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom