• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 967,824

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I’m thinking forget about wingers for now and just go big on a midfielder, Saka and Martinelli backed up with Pepe and Smith-Rowe is fine, plus you have Vieira who can play there and maybe Marquinhos as well.
Centre midfield on the other hand definitely needs addressing, if Partey is missing for any sustained period we’re screwed. I like Tielemans but someone like Tonali is a much better profile, more physical and can play both six and eight.
This is what we should be looking at, a starting eight who can also play as a six when Partey is missing, I think that was maybe the plan with Lokonga but we’ve established he isn’t ready to be a lone pivot.
DeJong (pipedream), Tonali, Nunes, maybe Neves (not sure), any other options?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I’m thinking forget about wingers for now and just go big on a midfielder, Saka and Martinelli backed up with Pepe and Smith-Rowe is fine, plus you have Vieira who can play there and maybe Marquinhos as well.
Centre midfield on the other hand definitely needs addressing, if Partey is missing for any sustained period we’re screwed. I like Tielemans but someone like Tonali is a much better profile, more physical and can play both six and eight.
This is what we should be looking at, a starting eight who can also play as a six when Partey is missing, I think that was maybe the plan with Lokonga but we’ve established he isn’t ready to be a lone pivot.
DeJong (pipedream), Tonali, Nunes, maybe Neves (not sure), any other options?
Caqueret, and if De Jong moves to Chelsea there might be some truth to the Kante rumours earlier this window?

I never considered Tonali, because I figured he would not be for sale, but for €55m I would be very happy if that were to be our last signing of the window. Best option outside of De Jong, in my opinion.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Dont know much about Tonali, but based on the clips I've seen this morning, he looks good. This is the type of player we need, the type of player that takes us up a level or two.

Hope is some truth to these rumours.

Diesel

Genuinely curious, who do you think would be available to us with CL football that currently isn't?

The guys a level up from Tielemans won't leave bigger clubs (De Jong, Valverde, Verratti, Kimmich) regardless of CL imo.

Milinkovic-Savic would come without CL football albeit on massive wages. Declan Rice maybe?
Rice or maybe a player like bellingham.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Aren’t Italians a risk in the PL? Just got rid of one homesick midfielder.

And they just won the league title.
Yes but this kid is exceptional. If Jorginho can be respectable at Chelsea, I have no doubt Tonali could perform for us. He's easily a level above Partey and could partner or bench him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom