• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,800

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

ragnarock

Originally I was under impression that Viera was signed to be the back up to Ødegaard on the right of midfield but I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually the back up to Xhaka with Tielemans being the alternative to Ødegaard on the right.

Profile wise Tielemans and Xhaka are similar while Viera and Ødegaard are similar.

He floats them with pace from deep🤤

MikeVinna

Established Member
And if he flew private we’d blast him for killing mother nature.

It’s a short flight anyway. Pino would be amazing. But we have to shift Pepe and Nelson. Also wonder what the plan is for Marquinhos. If the winger signing doesn’t happen I’d prefer Marquinhos over both Nico and Reiss..

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

QUOTE="Heavy Duty Rom, post: 5933276, member: 100638"]
Of course they care, some players you just can't sell. Its not just us, its every club. Look at some of the players still on the books at Chelsea and Utd.
[/QUOTE]
But that is my point, they know it is unlikely they will sell him. I dont think Pepe staying affects Pino coming.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bring him to me.

From the clips he looks like he could be a high volume passer as well. Has the passing ability, press resistance and stamina to do it.

We look far better in the final third, but need to sustain possession better in certain games.

Problem is though we have a lot of midfielders...

Kysus

Now that we clearly have a pattern on play. Can anyone think of signings we should make?

- If a LCM, they need to be box to box, have the ability to drift wide and also cover for the LB who might have tucked into CM

- If a winger, they need to be well rounded, able to hold down the wing on their own, help out defensively, ability to take on one or two men and add G/A.

Looking at the CM, i'm not sure thats Tielemans. He ticks the boxes going forward, but not coming back, not covering the LB.
Partey is a weak link as his passing is erratic. He needs competition.
I think someone like Ruben Neves improves us the most, Tielemans probably could play the deeper role too though and would be much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom