• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,735

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
CHO on 130k

Saka about to be on close to 200k, Gabi on 90 and will be extended this summer or next. Itā€™s actually not that bad.
Saka and Gabi are our top performers and are yet to cross that 130k still. Cho is just going to start as back up for now (and will likely ask for a raise) and so it is bad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

Saka and Gabi are our top performers and are yet to cross that 130k still. Cho is just going to start as back up for now (and will likely ask for a raise) and so it is bad.
Thatā€™s football though.

The guy who signs more recently will earn more than you until itā€™s your turn. ESR is on like 30kpw and thatā€™s just because he was unfortunate enough to sign before his breakout last season.

CHO is not the best example but letā€™s say we signed Neto for example, Iā€™m sure heā€™d be earning more than Saka and Gabi currently do. His agent would have failed him if not.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

I think our fanbase focused on wages too much anyway.

The main reason weā€™ve gotten rid of guys like Auba and Laca is so we can give those wages to other players. Iā€™m sure Jesus has taken up whatever we saved on Laca but thereā€™s still a ā€˜premiumā€™ spot around the 300kpw mark thatā€™s being saved for a special player if we can attract them.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Cho is massively overrated like many English youngsters. He looks pretty average. There are many other young wingers with better quality around. Players like Hlozek and Szoboslai are better and we keep passing on them but going for Cho? No sense.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Cho is massively overrated like many English youngsters. He looks pretty average. There are many other young wingers with better quality around. Players like Hlozek and Szoboslai are better and we keep passing on them but going for Cho? No sense.

Hlozek is a striker and Szoboslai is a midfielder, so don't get your point. Also the latter is flopping in the bundesliga.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

I think our fanbase focused on wages too much anyway.

Dunno about the rest, but this.

Pocket watching culture and people projecting their sense of value on the players, when like in real life it's whoever negotiates the best and timing. I don't understand the obsession with it nor do I wish to.

Getting a sense of pride and satisfaction from knowing your club has great but low paid players is loser stuff. The wage bill going right back up anyways.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I have by watched Callum Hudson Odoi and ever thought ā€œwowā€. Looks a very basic player.

As part of a rotation group, I donā€™t know, wonā€™t be against it.

He was a big talent as a youth but has stagnated quite badly. Big question marks over his dedication, apparently loves the London nightlife.

yorch44

Hlozek is a striker and Szoboslai is a midfielder, so don't get your point. Also the latter is flopping in the bundesliga.
Seems you haven't watched them. Adam has played plenty of games as a winger and Szoboslai has been a LW from a long time.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I have by watched Callum Hudson Odoi and ever thought ā€œwowā€. Looks a very basic player.

As part of a rotation group, I donā€™t know, wonā€™t be against it.
The only time Ive ever seen him do anything was in a pre-season game a few years back where an out of shape Bellerin looked like he couldnt be bothered to actually deal with him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
We've surely talked to someone but obviously keeping it under the radar if its not Tielemans... theres been very little talk about Neves who has 2 years left on his deal and Wolves just signed someone who can play in his position šŸ¤” :rolleyes:

yorch44

Have you seen Szoboslai play on the wing? Xhaka is faster than him.
You only confirming you have no idea of what are you talking. But I would wish Xhaka could dribble and pass a player like Szoboslai do.

I let you this video so you can watch a compilation of plays from him that you never would watch from Xhaka in his entire career. If he had that abilities nobody would be asking for a new LCM.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I also don't think we would sign him as he doesn't appear smart enough. He makes stupid decisions off the field and naieve ones on it. When you consider we have a very complicated system with many moving parts. The reason why players like Pepe, CHO, Zaha and ASM wont be signed isn't actually due to what they can do with a football. It's more about the positions they take on and off the ball during the entire 90 minutes. Pepe is brilliant in one action and then looks like he can't control a ball the next. Zaha, CHO and ASM are exactly the same.

We needa Mane type. Technically brilliant and tactically intelligent.
I mean that's up to the coaching staff to decide whether they feel he's got those qualities or not but just to my eye test I've never seen him do anything that made me feel like he was going to be a star. Saka did more in his first couple of matches with us to make you think that kid is the next big thing that I've seen Hudson-Odoi do in compilations.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We've surely talked to someone but obviously keeping it under the radar if its not Tielemans... theres been very little talk about Neves who has 2 years left on his deal and Wolves just signed someone who can play in his position šŸ¤” :rolleyes:
I was idly wondering this as well... It would be ballsy.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik šŸŸ„

Player:Havertz
Never buy an England International or a player who had a good WC or Euro. It is stupid, you pay a premium for nothing. England internationals you grow yourself should also be sold faster as they tend to be overpriced relative the South American players both in transfers and wages. If Gabby Jesus was born in London instead of Brazil he would of been 60 million pounds and 300k a week with same exact numbers. Again not saying we should sell ESR and Saka great players but buy low sell high

blrgooner

Established Member

Pocket watching culture and people projecting their sense of value on the players, when like in real life it's whoever negotiates the best and timing. I don't understand the obsession with it nor do I wish to.

Getting a sense of pride and satisfaction from knowing your club has great but low paid players is loser stuff. The wage bill going right back up anyways.
Well, you could say we are obsessed with finances in general. I would agree that nobody should get a sense of pride from having a lower wage bill. But then there are so many people here who think that we have "spent" huge amounts of money in recent times and KSE has shown more support to arsenal when compared to other clubs. This story is just incomplete without the wages. If anything, the story has been reducing expenditure and adding assets.
And no, the wage bill is not going anywhere close to where it was a couple of years ago in the near future.

Last edited:

Tom349

Not sure any Arsenal fans got any sense of pride or satisfaction for this. I think most fans were happy that by freeing up wages of underperforming players it allows us to go out and get better players more likely to perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom