• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,469

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I don't disagree. But a midfield of Gundogan and Partey both injury prone. Gundogan dropping down a level so may not have the same intensity and drive. I would look elsewhere to be honest unless it was really cheap.

Yes, it is a risk. but a risk I would take, tbh. we need 2 midfielders tbh, not 1.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
If anything this is probably an indictment of how bad Lokonga’s first season has been. They were probably planning for Elneny to leave and Lokonga take his place, but decided they just don’t trust Lokonga as a reliable squad player yet.
Lokonga low key one of our most disappointing signings in recent years. I had high hopes tbh

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lokonga low key one of our most disappointing signings in recent years. I had high hopes tbh
Hes still young and adapting to the PL. Personally I didn't expect much from him this year. With a good pre season and abit more coaching/experience in EL, Carabao Cup etc he will be OK. May never be top drawer but I wouldnt write him off yet.

We need 5 midfielders for next year. Partey/Elneny/Xhaka/Lokonga and 1 top drawer player in my opinion.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Hes still young and adapting to the PL. Personally I didn't expect much from him this year. With a good pre season and abit more coaching/experience in EL, Carabao Cup etc he will be OK. May never be top drawer but I wouldnt write him off yet.

We need 5 midfielders for next year. Partey/Elneny/Xhaka/Lokonga and 1 top drawer player in my opinion.

I didnt expect much either but i expected something. There is absolutely nothing thats interesting or exciting about him. He is just...nothing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
OK. Not sure myself. Just has Andy Carroll mk2 written all over it. He's not the level we want or need.
The thing is we need to find someone who has another level to go up. The likes of Nunez etc aren't coming so we need to look at other possibilities. Maybe the likes of Schik from Leverkusen or someone else of that style. Jesus offers cover across the front 3 and a target man and at least we have options.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
The thing is we need to find someone who has another level to go up. The likes of Nunez etc aren't coming so we need to look at other possibilities. Maybe the likes of Schik from Leverkusen or someone else of that style. Jesus offers cover across the front 3 and a target man and at least we have options.
Jesus would be a great signing.. hope we can pull it off

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Jesus would be a great signing.. hope we can pull it off
Yeah me too. We will need another pure number 9. I really don't know who fits that bill but if we have Jesus/ESR/Saka/Martinelli to cover wide forwards and Jesus and another Striker for the number 9 role I would be happy.

But why did you have high hopes? Nobody ever heard of him before and Football manager even had his PA at 110 before joining Arsenal.

Nothing player. Just Arteta doing his old pal Kompany a favor I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom