• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,590

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not sure we need a tall physical striker. Looking at how top tier football is going.

We need 6 fast, powerful, intense, hardworking, clever, technical capable goal threats. Because of injuries. But mainly so you can change pace at the 65 min when the defense tire out.

Martinelli, Saka, maybe Smith Rowe.

and Nkunko, Jesus, Gnabry?

Probably only afford two
Taller more physical strikers can be hardworking, clever, powerful and relatively fast too. You need to have more than one option and someone who can battle with defenders physically while doing some of the other stuff would be ideal.

It also means when plan A isn't working you have a plan B. Something we have lacked this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I can't shake this feeling that Gnabry will end up at Liverpool or Chelsea this summer. I can see a scenario where Salah goes to Madrid after Perez misses out on Halaand and Mbappe. Then Liverpool will target Gnabry. Tbh, the German is probably one of the best replacements for Salah and on his final year of his contract I doubt it will cost too much.
I'll be really sad if that happen. I always thought wenger did make mistake selling him quickly he need to comeback.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Yeah, was going to say exactly this. Might not even have to be that creative, but more of an 8 than a 6. Aouar for the rumoured €15m seems like a no brainer.

We need more creativity. We only really have Ødegaard that can break the lines and play that killer pass in this team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not sure we need a tall physical striker. Looking at how top tier football is going.

We need 6 fast, powerful, intense, hardworking, clever, technical capable goal threats. Because of injuries. But mainly so you can change pace at the 65 min when the defense tire out.

Probably only afford two
I don’t know if you watched us play, but we cross more than any of the top 6. You can’t play Arteta football with pep size players

ChefMan21

Taller more physical strikers can be hardworking, clever, powerful and relatively fast too. You need to have more than one option and someone who can battle with defenders physically while doing some of the other stuff would be ideal.

It also means when plan A isn't working you have a plan B. Something we have lacked this season.
Jesus and Scamacca are my two preferred strikers if we sign two - completely different styles, and to your point, if plan A isn't working then there's the plan B.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Neves makes the most sense again this summer for the midfield. Can play with Partey or instead of Partey in the single pivot if he is injured or suspended, however the midfield target looks to be Tielemans who will lead us on all summer hoping for a move to a CL club. If we were in CL we could hope for Jesus and Gnabry but I dont think Gnabry will be willing to move to a non-CL club unless theres a lot of money involved.

I think we're getting Jesus, Hickey and one midfielder. Were almost definitely gonna try and resign Nketiah, if we cant we might get some relatively unknown winger/forward option.

If we were to throw money at Gnabry and also bring in Jesus, Neves and Hickey we would surely be favourites for a top 4 spot and for the EL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Jesus and Scamacca are my two preferred strikers if we sign two - completely different styles, and to your point, if plan A isn't working then there's the plan B.
I think having 1 striker that’s good in the air is huge weapon. People want us to become a copy of city with lesser players which means we can never beat them and Liverpool. Tottenham give them fits because they are set up different and don’t follow there is only one way to play football and it’s their way

ChefMan21

I think having 1 striker that’s good in the air is huge weapon. People want us to become a copy of city with lesser players which means we can never beat them and Liverpool. Tottenham give them fits because they are set up different and don’t follow there is only one way to play football and it’s their way
100 per cent. The difference with us compared to most other teams in the league is that we can put some actual quality behind the giant up front. Jesus and Scamacca, plus a good midfielder or two, completely changes the equation for us. I mean who's 6'6 and above really?

SK___

Probably only afford two
we do

TornadoTed

Established Member
The relegated teams usually have a few good players but it's pretty slim pickings this year.

Aarons, Cornet, Collins, McNeil, Roberts, Pedro, Dennis, Sarr, have I missed any?

None of them really doing anything for me except maybe Roberts, I think he us really underrated, decent defender and has a massive engine, better than Cedric and Aarons in my opinion. I think McNeil is a decent footballer but we have absolutely no need for a left winger.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The relegated teams usually have a few good players but it's pretty slim pickings this year.

Aarons, Cornet, Collins, McNeil, Roberts, Pedro, Dennis, Sarr, have I missed any?

None of them really doing anything for me except maybe Roberts, I think he us really underrated, decent defender and has a massive engine, better than Cedric and Aarons in my opinion. I think McNeil is a decent footballer but we have absolutely no need for a left winger.
I'd take Sarr as a Pépé replacement if we sell him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

He’s spot on. This would be a really good window imo.

That would address a lot of our weaknesses but Galaxy brain wouldn’t do it.
That's a good window for sure. Abraham, Nkunku and Bissouma would all be great signings. I wonder a bit whether Spence is getting over-hyped a bit though. Good performance against us no doubt but not sure he's a PL world beater. Hickey looks interesting though.

Arsenio Venger

Expect many "exclusives" from this prat in the summer.

No more talk. "This Summer there are many surprises," "Expect big signings," "Gonna do the business" "blah blah blah." Just ****ing do it. We are the best at hyping up **** that never comes to be. Sick of it, especially after our finish.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

None of those for me, apart from maybe Cornet. Certainly none of the defenders..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom