• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,521

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Your prerogative. Let's see how far trusting Arteta's word will get ya.

I didn’t think he would be coming back either, but that’s mainly because nothing had been said about his situation which left a vacuum for everyone to give their opinions and project, with most of the narrative being Arteta didn’t want him. Now we’ve had Arteta give a definitive answer on Saliba’s future I’m prepared to take it at face value.

Arteta and Edu are talking about increasing the quality and depth of the squad. Saliba does that for them without any additional cost, so I’m struggling to think they’ll willingly sell him and leave themselves with Holding. He’s trying to put together a squad that will get through a season of Europa league and challenge for top 4. With that in mind do you think we have a chance of meeting those goals with Ben White and Saliba or Ben White and Holding? Obviously the first option, by far.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The disconnect I see on here with Saliba is he's not a squad player, he's a starter somewhere.

Many on here are trying to make him a squad player - him coming back is just mental unless somebody straight up lies to him.

Rob Holding, now that's a squad player and a fine squad player actually- and he's going nowhere so just take it man.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't understand this club. :lol:

It's going to be interesting to see a few on here (who call Pep a fraud due to his spending) try to credit our inevitable improvement in performances to Arteta.
Meh you know how it goes.

I'm just here wondering why is it always "war chest" :lol:
They been getting that one off since Wenger days, makes me think it's not real.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
The disconnect I see on here with Saliba is he's not a squad player, he's a starter somewhere.

Many on here are trying to make him a squad player - him coming back is just mental unless somebody straight up lies to him.

Rob Holding, now that's a squad player and a fine squad player actually- and he's going nowhere so just take it man.

Doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. Saliba is still a relative baby in centre back terms. At the end of the day there are only two spots available. Arsenal is a few steps up from Marseille. The competition will be tougher. He needs to come in and earn his spot. He hasn’t earned the right to be given guarantees or take a starting spot for granted. Still has it all to prove.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He needs to come in and earn his spot. He hasn’t earned the right to be given guarantees or take a starting spot for granted. Still has it all to prove.

because competition! the ungrateful brat needs to put his head down, donate all his salary to charity and earn his place!!
Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Are you sure about that lol
Even the worst manager in world football will see an improvement in results if he's allowed to spend 150M each and every summer.

Unfortunately for us Mikel isn't an awful manager or he'd have been sacked already. He's mediocre but just about good enough to keep a squad performing in-line with its squad cost.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Even the worst manager in world football will see an improvement in results if he's allowed to spend 150M each and every summer.

Unfortunately for us Mikel isn't an awful manager or he'd have been sacked already. He's mediocre but just about good enough to keep a squad performing in-line with its squad cost.
Sad though how we have accepted mediocre as the norm now. Also, you can throw good money after bad if you don't have a good manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom