• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,563

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIoodBrother

Its clear that we need Jesus and wont get an equally good striker at the price so hes rightfully the no1 target and everything seems to be in the final stages with him luckily. Raphinha is a winger and we seem to want smn to replace Pepe.

From our 2 other rumoured interests that could play in midfield..
I see a couple of scenarios happening here
Martinez
Tielemans

Ornstein hinted Tielemans being a possible Xhaka replacement.
Will we be ok with Partey Tielemans Ødegaard in midfield to challenge for top3/4? Experience is vital and Xhaka understands the gameplan, is our marshall and leader on the pitch + he brings more defensive positional sense to the table than Tielemans does.
Longterm i say yes to the idea but transitioning the squad patiently is key too. Ideally we'd have both for a season.
I dont think Arteta wants Tielemans over Xhaka yet, but if we get Martinez, maybe the possibility of Martinez in Xhakas position as a more defensive minded player allows to upgrade Xhaka to Tielemans.
Could it be a case of Martinez needing to come in order to allow us to replace Xhaka with Tielemans. Hence both or neither?
Or would we go for OptionC
Get Tielemans, keep Xhaka and replace Martinez with a cheaper more clear back up defender target. Seemed the most sensible strategy and certainly what everyone thought before we got linked to a 30-40mil allrounder, that might save us a player and wages..

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Raphinha will just take all of Gabi and Emile’s minutes.

Happy Football GIF by Fulham FC

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Looking more and more like Raphinha and De Jong will cost a similar amount? Who would you rather?

Partey
Ødegaard De Jong
Saka Jesus Martinelli

or

Partey
Ødegaard Xhaka
Raphinha Jesus Saka

Gotta go with De Jong. In Martinelli, ESR & potentially Jesus we have adequate cover on the left flank. Finally getting Xhaka out of the team is worth a million Raphinhas.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not on board with all this talk of another wide forward being merely an option. Sure, a midfielder might be more essential, but if we’re to do anything next season then that position is also critical.

We’ve got a minimum of 6 extra games next year and a World Cup to contend with.

Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Gabriel and possibly Fabio isn’t going to cut it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not on board with all this talk of another wide forward being merely an option. Sure, a midfielder might be more essential, but if we’re to do anything next season then that position is also critical.

We’ve got a minimum of 6 extra games next year and a World Cup to contend with.

Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Gabriel and possibly Fabio isn’t going to cut it.
And we have the option of 5 subs now too. Bench players will get more minutes this season especially when we are chasing a game.

Ciscoo

Raphinha, Ødegaard, Vieira, Saka and Xhaka. Have we ever had 5 left footed creative midfielders so close to the first team? There’s a chance Hutchinson/Patino might stay too. We could be in for some fun line ups :lol:

Bloodbather

Established Member

If one of Raphinha or Martinez falls through, perhaps we'll see a late bid for Tielemans though, try and get the price down near the end of the window.
If we can't Martínez, we probably go for another versatile player who can cover many positions. Possibly Zinchenko, or someone we haven't seen being linked to us yet.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Has anyone got any info / opinion on Gerson of Marseille? I think we need a mobile midfielder who’s good on the ball but also good at winning duels- an all rounder. That’s the kind of CM I think we’ve been missing for a while and would help balance us.

Does he fit the bill?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Has anyone got any info / opinion on Gerson of Marseille? I think we need a mobile midfielder who’s good on the ball but also good at winning duels- an all rounder. That’s the kind of CM I think we’ve been missing for a while and would help balance us.

Does he fit the bill?

We were linked with him before he moved there from Flamengo.

Think he's been a mixed bag from what I've read here in Brazil, but those who watch him more for Marseille will probably have a better perspective on him.

Legend14

Established Member
Its clear that we need Jesus and wont get an equally good striker at the price so hes rightfully the no1 target and everything seems to be in the final stages with him luckily. Raphinha is a winger and we seem to want smn to replace Pepe.

From our 2 other rumoured interests that could play in midfield..
I see a couple of scenarios happening here
Martinez
Tielemans

Ornstein hinted Tielemans being a possible Xhaka replacement.
Will we be ok with Partey Tielemans Ødegaard in midfield to challenge for top3/4? Experience is vital and Xhaka understands the gameplan, is our marshall and leader on the pitch + he brings more defensive positional sense to the table than Tielemans does.
Longterm i say yes to the idea but transitioning the squad patiently is key too. Ideally we'd have both for a season.
I dont think Arteta wants Tielemans over Xhaka yet, but if we get Martinez, maybe the possibility of Martinez in Xhakas position as a more defensive minded player allows to upgrade Xhaka to Tielemans.
Could it be a case of Martinez needing to come in order to allow us to replace Xhaka with Tielemans. Hence both or neither?
Or would we go for OptionC
Get Tielemans, keep Xhaka and replace Martinez with a cheaper more clear back up defender target. Seemed the most sensible strategy and certainly what everyone thought before we got linked to a 30-40mil allrounder, that might save us a player and wages..
I don’t see Xhaka going anywhere and if he stays, he will start. Tielemans won’t come because there isn’t space for him. All of the players you have mentioned want to be in the starting lineup.

If Xhaka leaves, then we have more options and I think Tielemans would be the target replacement because he offers something different.

Investing 50m on Martinez as a backup DM and CM seems unlikely.

Tomb Bombadil

I don’t see Xhaka going anywhere and if he stays, he will start. Tielemans won’t come because there isn’t space for him. All of the players you have mentioned want to be in the starting lineup.

If Xhaka leaves, then we have more options and I think Tielemans would be the target replacement because he offers something different.

Investing 50m on Martinez as a backup DM and CM seems unlikely.
But Xhaka should not be a starter or at least challenged in CM. And than we also have Partey who's injured too much, so we need another midfielder also with Xhaka.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
They are probably trying to finalise the Jesus deal before making the next one. Striker has to be our absolute priority and it'll affect the budget for other moves. So if Jesus falls though and we went for another striker like Osimhen for example then that would change what we can go for elsewhere. If we get Jesus over the line soon, expect another move shortly after I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom