• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,457

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

6gunner

He can’t put himself in as 10, which is the number he wears. Only Arteta can do that. He plays out of position. He was fit enough to be more impactful.

Actually, when he was fit we needed him on the left because Martinelli was just coming back from his knee injury. By the time Martinelli was fully fit, Arteta had shifted to a 4-3-3 so their was no 10. We switched back to a 4-2-3-1 at the end of the season when ESR wasn’t fit and Ødegaard had cemented his place.

Legend14

Established Member
The way I see it is ESR and Martinelli aren't consistently good enough to start in the PL for a team who wants top 4 just yet. So bring in Raphinha to up our starting quality.

ESR and Martinelli will get games in Europa, League Cup, FA Cup and back ups. It should give them the hunger to give them more motivated performances when they do start. If they do well enough they have the opportunity to bench one of the starters.

The way I see it is, when ESR was given starts he was highly motivated to prove himself. When he had less competition to start he got more complacent and his level dropped.

Overall neither ESR or Martinelli have a well enough rounded game yet to be PL starters. For this reason it's possible the Europa is a blessing in disguise. It's great for our B team to get experience and develop.
From a consistency basis this is probably true, but they are rested and a year older so we will see.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Only Arteta knows what he wants for the LCM role but if we want to maintain ball and add tons of creativity and progression without losing that much defensively Fabian Ruiz is my choice. Imagine having a player like him instead of Xhaka who can barely beat a player in a season.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Only Arteta knows what he wants for the LCM role but if we want to maintain ball and add tons of creativity and progression without losing that much defensively Fabian Ruiz is my choice. Imagine having a player like him instead of Xhaka who can barely beat a player in a season.

Lovely player that for some reason there is very little noise about. Perhaps he's decided to just play out the last year of his contract and then have his pick?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

According to @Yousif Arsenal he is quite slow, slower than Xhaka apparently.

From what I've read on and seen about him he looks decent a player, good intelligence, height and general movement. Wouldnt be too disappointed if he came, although I'd be surprised if he could outrightly bench Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

He very good player and should be considered because 1 year left but this is guy moves like he carrying big stones it might be problem in PL but offensively he will offer alot

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Anything exciting happening or are we still in a holding pattern?
Twitter is down so we have no idea.

If an Ornbomb drops and no one is around to see it, what happens?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What if twitter is down because an Orn nuke dropped?
funny-animals-lol.gif

yorch44

He very good player and should be considered because 1 year left but this is guy moves like he carrying big stones it might be problem in PL but offensively he will offer alot
Yes he is not the quicker but is quicker than Xhaka. Xhaka is slow and cannot dribble a player to save his life. I would have him over him definitely. If Arteta wanted a super dynamic and strong profile for the role he would have talked Bissouma. Tielmans again is not super quick but very good offensively and not bad defensively.

But what I fear most is they are going to let them pass and go another season with Xhaka and Lokonga and it's going to cost us top4.

yorch44

Lovely player that for some reason there is very little noise about. Perhaps he's decided to just play out the last year of his contract and then have his pick?
There is always players who are not underrated and not media hyped. If he were English offer he would be 50M even in his last year.

yorch44

According to @Yousif Arsenal he is quite slow, slower than Xhaka apparently.

From what I've read on and seen about him he looks decent a player, good intelligence, height and general movement. Wouldnt be too disappointed if he came, although I'd be surprised if he could outrightly bench Xhaka.
He is miles ahead of Xhaka, can do the long balls, defend and score. But the most important and something.Xhaka won't add to his game ever is he is excellent under pressure and can dribble a player or two. And of course he can come for cheap.

The worrying here is the unwillingness to reinforce the LCM. Honestly we don't need to spend 50m on another CB. We need to spend there, and definitely I would sell Xhaka and bring both Tielmans and him and rotate them.

Pulp

More like having to deal with every bid being approved by Kroenkes taking their sweet time. Also, RW is not priority above CM I am guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom