• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,582

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
I am still confused about our Transfer strategy. Maybe someone could shed some light? It just seems so random other than Jesus at CF.

Rapinha would have played where? What do we do with Pepe? Is Ødegaard no longer a starter? Who is playing LB. Did we solve the Partey problem? Is Xhaka still a key starter? Where does ESR fit? Is Martinelli good enough to be a starter or is he still not ready?

I’m ok with the keeper situation, since we have 4.

TinFish

I am still confused about our Transfer strategy. Maybe someone could shed some light? It just seems so random other than Jesus at CF.

Rapinha would have played where? What do we do with Pepe? Is Ødegaard no longer a starter? Who is playing LB. Did we solve the Partey problem? Is Xhaka still a key starter? Where does ESR fit? Is Martinelli good enough to be a starter or is he still not ready?

Exactly, this is how I feel also.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
The new Chelsea owner is as hungry as the previous one :facepalm:
It's hard to believe that Chelsea has enough funding to buy Raphinha, Sterling, and two CBs, but apperantly, they have :nope:
I think the best transfer we could wish for is to replace Kroenke's family with a caring owner

Gunners1616

Don't think anybody but Arteta/Edu knows the answers to these questions... Just like nobody knows what's our budget.

The consensus among fans for the priorities was probably striker/midfielder/new LB/RB. Only Jesus fits that but there is still a lot of time so let's judge their strategy at the end.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Don't think anybody but Arteta/Edu knows the answers to these questions... Just like nobody knows what's our budget.

The consensus among fans for the priorities was probably striker/midfielder/new LB/RB. Only Jesus fits that but there is still a lot of time so let's judge their strategy at the end.
They don't know either and that's the main problem! When two inept persons think they are brilliant and take the lead and control of a project this is what happens. No clear strategy so nobody knows because they keep going in blind.

Since Arteta arrives we needed to reinforce midfield because the genius broke with Douzi. It's time we don't sort that and there is no sign of it. Even when there are two easy deals in Tielmans and Fabian Ruiz.

Chasing for Lisandro when we have 4 good CBs to rotate. They play their cards always out of the simple logic, always complicating it.

They both are being carried by the institution and players. But they are dragging Arsenal down of what we could do with what we have.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Fábio Vieira also fits it. He's a LCM signing.

TheDrunkenMaster

We were haggling over 8...9 million lol
That’s a lot of money, we will most likely need to pay pepe or somebody else with that money.

It looks like we will be going into the new season with the same squad depth as the previous season. One longer injury to either Partey, Tierney, tomiyasu or Jesus and the season will be a right off again

Tomb Bombadil

Instead of buying Vieira, we should have gone all in for Raphina (£60m) from the beginning and convince him from our project + go for Zinchenko (£25m) and Tielemanns (£25m) and we would have solved all our issues and strengthten a lot with £150m.

CF: Jesus, Nkethia
RW/LW: Raphina, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, ESR
AM: Ødegaard, ESR
CM: Tielemanns, Xhaka
DM: Partey, Zinchenko, Elneny
LB: Tierney, Zinchenko
CD: Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding
RB: Tomy, Cederic, White
GK: Ramsdale, Turner

Ramsdale
Tomy - White - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Odeegard - Tielemanns
Raphina - Jesus - Saka

Turner
White/Cederic - Saliba - Holding - Zinchenko
Elneny/Zinchenko
Xhaka - ESR
Martinelli - Nkethia - Raphina/Jesus/Saka​

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We were haggling over 8...9 million lol

Haggling is fine when you're the only buyer on the market.

When the person who's services you're haggling for happens to be one of the league's most exciting/sought after players, it simply exposes your weakness if purpose & portrays you as a club lacking in ambition.

If I were Raphinha, I wouldn't reconsider Arsenal even if they end up matching Chelsea's bid as it shows they were never that intent on wanting my services.

Arteta can always reminisce about that back-pat, it's as close to Raphinha as he'll get again in this life :lol:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

If we got Raphinha in Saka and Raphinha would be either flank with ESR and Martinelli as back ups and Europa/League cup players because they aren't good enough yet. We haven't got him in so who knows if we go for another winger or not

No one knows about their midfield plans.

Bloodbather

Established Member

According to Whoscored he mainly played ACM and then striker as next often played position. However O hope your right and we play him LCM instead Xhaka.
Our interest in Lisandro Martínez suggests to me that we're looking to emulate City with two inverted full-backs and two AMs playing as free 8s. Seeing Fábio Vieira as a Bernardo Silva type in that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom