• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 967,343

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think it's hard for us to judge Vieira. And I understand that we need to buy players with high potential, but for 30/35 million pounds with the holes we have? I guess he is hardly planned as a starter.

If Chelsea or Barcelona want the player, they are above us in the hierarchy. I think that's why we have to act faster. Barcelona didn't have the money and Chelsea had the change of ownership. So we could have moved quickly. But of course it's already a high price and you want to act economically. That's why I objected to foregoing Vieira in favor of a fixed starter in Raphina. But that's all the past...
When we entered the summer only thing we needed is starting CF or tow in case Eddie didn't sign we got that done thankfully the remaining going to be level raising signings but now we look want to buy a winger to help out saka and ease pressure on ESR and Martinelli too. Losing Raphinha sucks because rare you see proven winger in PL who available still its not end of world there is 2 months left there alot of wingers available in market

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
When we entered the summer only thing we needed is starting CF or tow in case Eddie didn't sign we got that done thankfully the remaining going to be level raising signings but now we look want to buy a winger to help out saka and ease pressure on ESR and Martinelli too. Losing Raphinha sucks because rare you see proven winger in PL who available still its not end of world there is 2 months left there alot of wingers available in market
We badly need(ed) an upgrade on Xhaka as well. And lets not forget Saka and Martinelli's contracts... with the season starting in just over 4 weeks theres a lot of work to be done.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What available winger is a real clear upgrade on Martinelli? (Remember, I think we'll also see a number of games where Jesus plays on the wing and Nketiah through the centre)

Gnabry is the only one I can think of and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Antony perhaps but he's strictly a RW, and doesn't offer the same options for fluidity, and probably moves Saka to LW strictly, which I dunno if it makes sense.

When you get into Richarlison and Gakpo it starts to get a bit harder to tell if it's worth it at all, and if they represent an improvement on Martinelli.

Losing out on Raphinha is a blow, no doubt about it, IMO. Lowers the ceiling for our summer.

Vieira, Jesus, and a LB (Lisandro), and perhaps Tielemans? (not sure how much sense he makes, honestly, given that I think the plan will be to rotate Vieira and Xhaka at 8, Vieira paired with Lisandro at LB and Xhaka paired with Tierney), is still a very nice summer, though, and puts us right there in squad level with Tottenham and United to compete for 4th (pray that they don't get De Jong and Antony, though).

Vieira is a signing that is hugely exciting and I think bigger than people on this forum realise (more exciting than Tielemans as a solution at 8, IMO-- more interesting project this, copying Guardiola's usage of Bernardo). So Vieira, Jesus, and Lisandro would be a very nice summer indeed. But the competition is stiff and while it would be a very nice summer it wouldn't be as amazing as it would've been if we had got Raphinha, someone who would've really upped our squad level.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We badly need(ed) an upgrade on Xhaka as well. And lets not forget Saka and Martinelli's contracts... with the season starting in just over 4 weeks theres a lot of work to be done.
That's why i don't rule out Tielemans signing late in window. Yes agree the squad is not big and there still need 3-4 new players. The club look want to get deals done early but it's easier said than done

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What available winger is a real clear upgrade on Martinelli? (Remember, I think we'll also see a number of games where Jesus plays on the wing and Nketiah through the centre)

Gnabry is the only one I can think of and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Antony perhaps but he's strictly a RW, and doesn't offer the same options for fluidity, and probably moves Saka to LW strictly, which I dunno if it makes sense.

When you get into Richarlison and Gakpo it starts to get a bit harder to tell if it's worth it at all.

Losing out on Raphinha is a blow, no doubt about it, IMO. Lowers the ceiling for our summer.

Vieira, Jesus, and a LB (Lisandro), and perhaps Tielemans? (not sure how much sense he makes, honestly, given that I think the plan will be to rotate Vieira and Xhaka at 8, Vieira paired with Lisandro at LB and Xhaka paired with Tierney), is still a very nice summer, though, and puts us right there in squad level with Tottenham and United to compete for 4th (pray that they don't get De Jong and Antony, though).
I don't know because we not linked with no winger apart from Raphinha with pepe leaving we 100% signing one but don't know who maybe we'll know in next few days. Tielemans make sense because we have 3 competition to play for Partey isn't super fit too. Just like want to sign lisandro because you can't depend on Tierney we have to sign an extra midfielder.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I don't know because we not linked with no winger apart from Raphinha with pepe leaving we 100% signing one but don't know who maybe we'll know in next few days. Tielemans make sense because we have 3 competition to play for Partey isn't super fit too. Just like want to sign lisandro because you can't depend on Tierney we have to sign an extra midfielder.
Maybe, I think for forward positions we should be okay without signing a winger (Nketiah, Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Vieira), that's 6 for 3 positions, and Hutchinson is ready for Europa League involvement, IMO, he could be the next Saka for us.

I guess I see your reasoning on Tielemans, would also free us up to play with Vieira more as a RW backing up Saka.

Definitely don't think it's a signing that lifts our level as a squad the way Raphinha's does, but maybe I underrate Tielemans (though I have a feeling that Fabio as an 8 in that system can surpass anything Tielemans can be).

Game Over

Hope our back up plans for Raphinha and Martinez become apparent quickly. We looked to be moving very quickly for a change. Need to move on to our second options without dithering.

TinFish

skysports-emmanuel-dennis-watford_5629335.jpg

Emmanuel Dennis anyone? :clown:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Raphinha feels like quite a miss in terms of profile.

A style we perhaps don't have in the squad, a player ready to deliver from the off but not so many levels above the others that he should be expecting to always start.

Suspect we’ll back to Gakpo, who Leeds want to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom