• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 969,168

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Here is an example.

Adamraevoge posted this guy. I have never seen him play. 23, centre back and lb. He may or may not be good enough. It isn't the point. If Ornstein were to come out tomorrow and say he bid 25 million for him, everyone would lose their **** and convince themselves he was good enough. Then if another team, got him the same would happen.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I think the priority should be to find a player who can give us the attributes we miss when Partey is injured. A dynamic midfielder who can handle a press and can start the offence from deep and pass though lines.

Raphinha and Martinez are backups/competition for Gabriel/Saka, but we really do fall apart when Partey is injured.

If we don’t sign a RW, I would almost just keep Pepe it’s not worth spending 70m+ unless it’s a game changer, someone established like Gnabry.

I still have hope for this window, Vieira, Saliba and Jesus are great additions.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
L.Martinez would be like Hojberg in midfield, we need some physicality and if we go small it has to be a total technician like Verratti and I feel even he would struggle with a hard pressing physical midfield as I have seen for PSG. We don’t need 2022 Daley Blind, not got the legs for this league.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

FWnm6z3XgAIzaSG

Gluttonous prick is staring at his screen wondering if the meat will have finished marinating by the time he finishes that mountain of prosciutto.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So what was Jesus then?

Before the window, who on this forum said Martinez should be a definite target?

People were ready to accept Hickey ffs and actually believe that he would be good enough to back up Tierney. Then people convinced themselves Zinchenko would be a perfect signing.

Sp**s and Chelsea both went for Jesus. Don't be fooled by their whole 'we didnt want him anyway'. That is complete Bullshit.

What about Vieira? Nobody called that one. Do not get too attached to players. There are literally 100s of top class footballers that we can acquire. We are trying to get our business done early, but currently are being pipped by teams with more funds and less imagination.

So if United get Martinez, we go to our next plan. They can't then buy that next player.
Exactly. Jesus is the deal we needed, best available striker deal in the market.

Already spent like 80 million pounds and got Saliba back.

Club was ready to spend like 115 million pounds more for 3 players with strong rumours.

Suggests that there is something like 195 million pounds reserved in the transfer fees this summer..

Result: Total AM meltdown when we lose a couple first targets to big clubs.:alert:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think the priority should be to find a player who can give us the attributes we miss when Partey is injured. A dynamic midfielder who can handle a press and can start the offence from deep and pass though lines.

Raphinha and Martinez are backups/competition for Gabriel/Saka, but we really do fall apart when Partey is injured.

If we don’t sign a RW, I would almost just keep Pepe it’s not worth spending 70m+ unless it’s a game changer, someone established like Gnabry.

I still have hope for this window, Vieira, Saliba and Jesus are great additions.

If priority was a Partey alternative then let’s be honest he’s wearing a sp*rs shirt right now

drippin

If priority was a Partey alternative then let’s be honest he’s wearing a sp*rs shirt right now
Is Bissouma good going up, or have I missed something? As good at dribbling and carries yes, but creativity and passing?

Better at defending maybe, but at least there a team that defends more affects getting those numbers. Or do you think Bissouma's attacking numbers will go up to Partey levels in Tottenham?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not sure why this is all a big deal anyway.

Chelsea have more pull than us with CL. Not surprised he would favour them over us. Chelsea are still his second choice after Barca anyway.

Martinez was always likely to pick Man Utd over us with his ties to ETH.

Things like this happen all the time, you just move on to your next target. Not worth crying over.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
People were ready to accept Hickey ffs and actually believe that he would be good enough to back up Tierney.
Well well well... i believe you were one of them no? I was the one telling everyone how cumbersome he looked.

Etc....

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is Bissouma good going up, or have I missed something? As good at dribbling and carries yes, but creativity and passing?

Better at defending maybe, but at least there a team that defends more affects getting those numbers. Or do you think Bissouma's attacking numbers will go up to Partey levels in Tottenham?

Since when was Partey a great creative player anyway? He’s good but some people talk like he’s Seedorf or something. Both Partey and Bissouma are players capable of dominating a midfield, simple as that.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Since when was Partey a great creative player anyway? He’s good but some people talk like he’s Seedorf or something. Both Partey and Bissouma are players capable of dominating a midfield, simple as that.

Bissouma is more like a Coquelin imo, where as Partey has the better range of passes to link with out attack. We have the better possession player and Biss wasn't coming to be back up

drippin

I'm not talking about vs. the best of the best creative players. The comparison was Partey vs. Bissouma.

Partey is in the 59th percentile for npxG+xA, Bissouma is 16th. Shot creating actions for Partey percentile 63rd while Bissouma 8th.

Progressive passes percentile for Partey is 79th while for Bissouma 7th. 7th percentile for progressive passes is the epitome of sideways passing, but at least he carries it well.

I can't see Bissouma suddenly become as good going up as Partey just because he changes to a better team. And you said he is a Partey alternative which I disagree with. Partey is more complete player, just needs to get some luck with injuries.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well well well... i believe you were one of them no? I was the one telling everyone how cumbersome he looked.

Etc....
I never said I wasn't? When I say people, I can be includes amongst the people on the forum.

It's human to change opinion based on evidence or time.

I'm not going to brag about things I get wrong or right and I'm not goin to search through a forum for differences in opinion over time.

You have a lot of time on your hands for self validation.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not talking about vs. the best of the best creative players. The comparison was Partey vs. Bissouma.

Partey is in the 59th percentile for npxG+xA, Bissouma is 16th. Shot creating actions for Partey percentile 63rd while Bissouma 8th.

Progressive passes percentile for Partey is 79th while for Bissouma 7th. 7th percentile for progressive passes is the epitome of sideways passing, but at least he carries it well.

I can't see Bissouma suddenly become as good going up as Partey just because he changes to a better team. And you said he is a Partey alternative which I disagree with. Partey is more complete player, just needs to get some luck with injuries.

You're elevating the status of whole The Drip Squad with posts like this mate.

Love a good percentile.

Never see this quality of work from our mate @A__G , it has to be said......Unless he's giving a percentile status on how much he fancies Mari etc.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Nice analysis on Lisandro.
Yes and people still doubt him? its very frustrating yet again that we get out done by other EPL clubs. gonna be very difficult to come back at the top.

Even Sp**s have a much better transfer window then we do actually. gonna be very difficult to challenge for top 4 next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom