• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,681

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Neto has 5 years in contract. Way too expensive.

Martinelli is great and will likely improve to a more complete player.

But if we want to push top 4, we need a proven quality on top of our great prospects. It's obvious when you look at the 4 player comparison to other top 6 clubs.
I respect that view, but personally I don't think it's essential. On the RW you've got Saka as first choice, already putting up numbers better than Raphinha. He's going to improve further this season.

On the other side both ESR & Martinelli have incredible promise. One got 10 goals & the other looks like he's right on the edge of a breakout season like @Heavy Duty Rom said. I think we'd need to be spending Ā£50m plus to find a player who is likely to be better than both of them and even then it's not certain.

If a Gnabry or whatever is available then yeah, do it. But with Jesus's flexibility I'm actually very happy with our wing options now and want them to get minutes. Tielemans should be a priority imo.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I respect that view, but personally I don't think it's essential. On the RW you've got Saka as first choice, already putting up numbers better than Raphinha. He's going to improve further this season.

On the other side both ESR & Martinelli have incredible promise. One got 10 goals & the other looks like he's right on the edge of a breakout season like @Heavy Duty Rom said. I think we'd need to be spending Ā£50m plus to find a player who is likely to be better than both of them and even then it's not certain.

If a Gnabry or whatever is available then yeah, do it. But with Jesus's flexibility I'm actually very happy with our wing options now and want them to get minutes. Tielemans should be a priority imo.
Tielemans or such is a given need.

It's obvious Pepe is a goner, so he needs a replacement. We need someone to take away the strain from Saka. So a winger who can play both sides well and is better/more consistent than our LW prospects.

They tried Raphinha. I doubt Gnabry goes to a non-UCL club. So I'm currently in favour of Zaha for cheap. Leaves us more money elsewhere.

We can't have an attack full of youngsters we hope will improve (and they will but how much) if we are serious about top 4. Now they have the money to do it, it seems.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We have been finessed, i can't believe we are on here hoping for Tielemans. He's not even a better CM than Xhaka, he's just a different profile. Good player but:

Partey
Ƙdegaard Tielemans
Saka Jesus Martinelli

This is still missing something.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Tielemans or such is a given need.

It's obvious Pepe is a goner, so he needs a replacement. We need someone to take away the strain from Saka. So a winger who can play both sides well and is better/more consistent than our LW prospects.

They tried Raphinha. I doubt Gnabry goes to a non-UCL club. So I'm currently in favour of Zaha for cheap. Leaves us more money elsewhere.

We can't have an attack full of youngsters we hope will improve (and they will but how much) if we are serious about top 4. Now they have the money to do it, it seems.
Exactly and this is way Zaha makes so much sense, can rotate, play as striker, strong and good dribbler, adds experience and doesn't block our young players and of course, cheap. Definitely would take the shot... I mean he can't be worse than Willian.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Exactly and this is way Zaha makes so much sense, can rotate, play as striker, strong and good dribbler, adds experience and doesn't block our young players and of course, cheap. Definitely would take the shot... I mean he can't be worse than Willian.
Yes I can see the logic for sure.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like Zaha but give me Gucci. Newcastle probably need to sell before they spend big to avoid running afoul of what's left of FFP and he's 5 years younger and exactly what we need.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ā­

Player:Rice
We missed the boat on Zaha sadly. Turning 30 in November and would want a big money, long term contract. We've been burnt too often in these sorts of situations.

We should have backed Emery when he wanted Zaha over Pepe in hindsight. Would have been a better fit.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I do think Nketiah can be that secondary threat at LW too.

Nketiah Jesus Saka
Auba who is about 5 times as talented as Nketiah was dreadful at LW but Average Eddie is going to be a threat there? You need to actually be capable of beating a man if you play out there, something Eddie is incapable of. :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Auba who is about 5 times as talented as Nketiah was dreadful at LW but Average Eddie is going to be a threat there? You need to actually be capable of beating a man if you play out there, something Eddie is incapable of. :lol:
He had a few cameos there last season, and looked very good.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

I donā€™t think his attitude would work here. He is such a negative and petulant player

Arsenal fans want a fairytale with all our players singing Kumbaya on the way to the Emirates sipping their little cartons of milk.

giphy.gif

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arsenal fans want a fairytale with all our players singing Kumbaya on the way to the Emirates sipping their little cartons of milk.

giphy.gif
Not really. I donā€™t mind any player except one time of player. Richardson, Zaha and Bruno falls into this. Absolute whingers who constantly throw their hands in the air and cry on pitch. Just ***** behaviour

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Not really. I donā€™t mind any player except one time of player. Richardson, Zaha and Bruno falls into this. Absolute whingers who constantly throw their hands in the air and cry on pitch. Just ***** behaviour

:lol:

Youā€™ve been against every player linked this window besides that brother from France.

Anyways, if we signed any of those players and they did that ****housery for us then I doubt there would be any complaints. I remember Alexis throwing a hissy fit many times but the fans were loving his PASHUN and they said he ā€œcaredā€.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom