• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,716

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I don't disagree, just mentioned him as an example of an Italian who does well abroad.

Think the reason most Italians don't move is because the best stay at home. Probably as much to do with homemade pasta and espresso as it is with Serie A being the best league around for ages, wasn't a lot of reason to move abroad so far but I think you'll see it more often with the ridiculous wages paid in England.

Well said.

Serie A was, for a long time, the pick of the bunch as far as leagues were concerned & Italy in general is a nice place with a vibrant food culture & lovely scenery.

But, as you mentioned, necessity will start seeing their players ply their trade abroad.

Who knows, it might actually help revitalize the Azzuri's fortunes as a bonus.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Starting to wonder if we are hesitant on more recruiting due to the squad size. Against Leicester we could start the team below.

But when you add Tomiyasu, ESR and Fabio Vieira, then 3 players have to go in the stands and join the likes of AMN and Marquinhos.

I assume that will be Nelson but the two other are not so obvious... There will be injuries for sure but the squad seems big enough. Maybe one more player but i doubt we'll push for more.

View attachment 8393
If you count those players, it's only 20 players in the squad. 5 more is the maximum (one of those is GK Hein), and in this kind of year it should be a target.

Tomiyasu > Cedric, ESR > Nelson and Vieira > Pepe.

But yeah, there is some selling to do. I wouldn't mind not seeing Elneny in the line-up always or Sambi could also be loaned.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Have you actually watched tonali? Or are you just a weirdo who rubs one out to new signings like I think you are?

There is no objective stance anyone can take which says Tonali is better than Partey. It’s absolutely ludicrous.

1) he hasn’t always been a nailed on starter at Milan
2) he’s a different type of player
3) he lacks the physical and dribbling qualities of Partey
4) he plays in a far inferior league and barely manages to stand out against Bennacer, who is prob a better player than him

So yeah, keep your shi*t take and shove it

1. So he's 22 and he's breaking through as their most important player last season. Partey wasn't a regular starter at Atletico until he was what 25?
2. Yes he can play as B2B, 6 or 8. He's got more to his overall game
3. He doesn't lack dribbling or physical qualities. His progressive carries number is higher than Partey's and he gets box to box more effectively. His attacking qualities are far above Partey's and he brings goals from midfield.
4. What was Partey doing when he was 22? Not playing in the PL or starting for Atletico.

drippin

1. So he's 22 and he's breaking through as their most important player last season. Partey wasn't a regular starter at Atletico until he was what 25?
2. Yes he can play as B2B, 6 or 8. He's got more to his overall game
3. He doesn't lack dribbling or physical qualities. His progressive carries number is higher than Partey's and he gets box to box more effectively. His attacking qualities are far above Partey's and he brings goals from midfield.
4. What was Partey doing when he was 22? Not playing in the PL or starting for Atletico.
The argument was about "a level above Partey currently".

That argument isn't about what Partey did when and where. Or even if he is injury-prone.

It's about their current qualitylevels, and I also doubt Tonali is a level above him because that would mean he is already world class at 22 years old with 11 caps for Italy. Haven't seen him play much but that sounds ridiculous to me.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Also he should sign Pino.
Joking aside I'm pretty ambivalent about Pino. He looks like he'd be a capable backup for Saka and maybe one for the future but he's unlikely to set the world alight this season.

Just put it all on a midfielder or two... if someone like Rice, Tonali, Neves, Caqueret is available then that's the sort of deal we should be prioritising imo.

Get Tielemans in and keep Pepe for depth if needed. Great summer. Obviously won't happen though.

drippin

Also he should sign Pino.
Do you think he is the one to go for? I rather Pino for 40 million than Neto for like double so we can also buy some quality midfielder(s). Also I rather an RW than Gakpo who is LW.

I watched some compilations of him yesterday, and I have to say that he looks pretty good for his age. Much tenacity, good defending and intelligence plus technique? Can score with both feet? Good short passing and combination play?

It's weird if Arteta targets to have the youngest ever attack in EPL, but of course with attackers age/experiece isn't as important as with other positions. This season age can't be an excuse anymore, especially if he buys Pino.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do you think he is the one to go for? I rather Pino for 40 million than Neto for like double so we can also buy some quality midfielder(s). Also I rather an RW than Gakpo who is LW.

I watched some compilations of him yesterday, and I have to say that he looks pretty good for his age. Much tenacity, good defending and intelligence plus technique? Can score with both feet? Good short passing and combination play?

It's weird if Arteta targets to have the youngest ever attack in EPL, but of course with attackers age/experiece isn't as important as with other positions. This season age can't be an excuse anymore, especially if he buys Pino.

Pino has the higher ceiling but could equally bust.

Could turn out anywhere from Albert Riera to David Villa and I wouldn’t be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom