• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 962,271

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pivotal moment? He wasn't going to play. Sad for him an an individual, but how many more times am I going to hear "Now is crunch time for Reiss Nelson!"
Yeah we were selling him anyway his Arsenal career is over.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Even if you swapped out Camavinga for Xhaka you would have a playmaking issue because he can't pass nearly as well as Xhaka. There's no one in our team who has deep lying playmaking and passing between like Xhaka. And there's few players that we can get who can offer that while offering the defensive contribution while keeping possession that Xhaka offers.

To all the Xhaka haters, which deep lying playmaker is an upgrade that we can realistically get? We could get Neves or Tielemans but I'm not surely they're definite upgrades. Who's definitely better that we can get who has the range of passing, the progressive passes, the creativity alongside the defensive workrate?

I suspect the Xhaka animosity is the same old lazy analysis, and preconceived biases/issues with the player. You usually see comments like any player being an upgrade on what Granit brings to our system. Just lazy analysis that, and likely complete ignorance as to what actually happens on the field.

Xhaka is used very intelligently on the field, being able to move into multiple zones of the pitch and impact the game. From higher up amongst the front five. To being able to drop into space created on the field and having more time on the ball to find players and space. Also his work in our buildup is very good as well.

We can upgrade on Xhaka yes, but the actual process of replacing his overall contribution is not as easy as you may think.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
As always, if Xhaka didn't make a mistake in a game, it means he had a great game. He was a serious liability when he was played deep in front of defense. Then he was moved forward, a role which requires you to contribute in creating goal scoring chances. Most good players in that role get plenty of assists and rack up statistics on through balls and big chances created. Those numbers are absolutely abysmal for him last season. He walked through most of the games, passing the ball to the player to his left. Had about 2/3 good games where he genuinely contributed. People are already considering giving him player of the season award.
Exactly. He's such a damn bonehead that the rare mostly blemish free game is treated like something that would get a 10 in L'Equipe. Even against Palace when he easily could have been sent off for sheer stupidity you have people acting like it was some kind of virtuoso performance. It's impossible to take that kind of delusion seriously. Last year apparently he was more mature despite the usual sloppy play leading to goals conceded and being sent off when the team absolutely couldn't afford it. It's a joke. He's an alleged professional nearing 30, not a child. We don't need to hype up mediocrity because his usual level is below that.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Sounds more like @yorch44 tbh. Although tbf I have a hard time telling those two clowns apart.
Seems someone is needed of some attention... Things aren't going well on grindr for you?
Sad Baby GIF by Bundesliga

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Even if you swapped out Camavinga for Xhaka you would have a playmaking issue because he can't pass nearly as well as Xhaka. There's no one in our team who has deep lying playmaking and passing between like Xhaka. And there's few players that we can get who can offer that while offering the defensive contribution while keeping possession that Xhaka offers.

To all the Xhaka haters, which deep lying playmaker is an upgrade that we can realistically get? We could get Neves or Tielemans but I'm not surely they're definite upgrades. Who's definitely better that we can get who has the range of passing, the progressive passes, the creativity alongside the defensive workrate?
We don't play with 2 DPL anymore... The only doing that role and sitting deep in the middle is Partey. Get that idea out of your mind. He has been played very high.

What it really makes funny to me.is the idea being critic is same to being "xHaKa HaTEeR"... That's a modern way to say, don't be objective because I get hurt about it.

The man is slow to play that high on the pitch and literally no can't dribble. He hasn't good enough assists nor key passes and big chances created. That role it's one of the most creatives in football and we have him.

His best position is DPL in a slow pace league. In PL he can't deal with the pace and pressing. So the problem is if we play him deep in Partey role he can't stop losing balls and if we play him high to minimize his errors on the exit then we lose a lot of creativity and we got dependant of Ødegaard creating like he were prime Özil.

Morning_woody

We need to bring in a wide and a cm/CDM player if we are serious about getting in the top 4

We need a wide player who can step in when Saka is injured/needs a rest. Pepe will be in the starting 11 if Saka gets injured. People think that Vieira was brought in as alternative to RW but Vieira is not a winger. Vieira is more comfortable playing that LCM position than RW.

Why CDM instead of LCM ?
Because Party is injury prone and Elneny, with all due respect, is just not good enough. It would be perfect if we bring in a player like Tonali, who is a CDM but also has qualities of a good CM.

Again, we need minimum 2 more players before transfer window closes. There will be plenty of football for everyone this season (Europa League, domestic cups and a freak World Cup in the middle of the season)
so we will need to rotate and rest more than ever.

ChefMan21

If we're bringing in two more I can imagine one of those being a loan player, probably with option to buy.

I'd sign the midfielder and loan a striker. Winger can wait. A loan for Malen, Ekitike, Isak or someone else young would be my approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom