• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,681

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
SMS
Barella
Soler
Mikel Merino
Kessie
Marcos Llorente
Matheus Nunes
McGinn
JWP
Caqueret
Seko Fofana
Gerson
Wendel
Joey Veerman
Teji Savanier

3 or 4 of of those guys would be v difficult to sign
A lot are totally different players in terms of tactical profile
4 or 5 would get eaten alive in the EPL in that role.

Nunes by some distance the most interesting in terms of style, obtainability and ceiling, but lack of experience would make him a risk at the fee it would take. Others might work if the team had different balance elsewhere on the pitch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I hope they just don't keep targeting the right players only like in January. i understand it's right choice for long term but our squad is short to compete for 3 competition.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
SMS
Barella
Soler
Mikel Merino
Kessie
Marcos Llorente
Matheus Nunes
McGinn
JWP
Caqueret
Seko Fofana
Gerson
Wendel
Joey Veerman
Teji Savanier
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Regista21

While Xhaka does play higher, he's still responsible for our passing and distribution. Partey can't do that, he can beat a player and pass it 10 yards. Xhaka is the 1 giving us the 50 yard passes that no one else in the team can provide. Who do you suggest we replace Xhaka's passing range with?

A question was asked, you avoided it

Also the idea that we lose creativity in our current system is BS, it's the most creative we've been under Teta
I wasn't in the discussion, but I think Arsenal could go for Ruben Neves. He would be the perfect 6/8 with good defensive qualities and great passing range to play in Arteta's system.

Regista21

I really think we missed a trick not going for your boy Enzo Fernandez.

Do you see as big future for him as I do?

I don't think so. Being myself south american, I think I have met too many "Enzo Fernandez" types during my life. I think take him out of Argentina and put him straight in a country like England would be counter productive. Very demanding league, lots of competition, but most important, really different culture. Sometimes, it can be like a fish out of water.
So I think the best development for him would be exactly that - Go to Portugal, learn more about european football and Europe itself in a less strange environment, then move to England.
At the same time, I also think he's not the perfect type of player for Arsenal right now. Too much box-to-box. I think the perfect player is more of a regista, a tempo-controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom