• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,457

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Imagine had we landed Raphinha as well.

We must get in another attacker before the window closes. Lets give ourselves a proper chance of a good season this year, and be ready for the disruption that is the world cup.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Imagine had we landed Raphinha as well.

We must get in another attacker before the window closes. Lets give ourselves a proper chance of a good season this year, and be ready for the disruption that is the world cup.
CM or winger for you? I think we only have one more signing in us.

SA Gunner

Thoughts on the 'weak link' Granit Xhaka...?

He was their pressing trigger earlier on, but his ability to get both up and down the pitch quickly threw those plans out.

But people are forced to look closer now, and walk back some of their nonsense ideas on the player. He has been superb since getting into more advanced areas. And the best part is, he is still dropping into deeper areas to help with build up and distribute play.

Still think we need an extra dynamic player in there, to give us competition and rotation. This team is very close to being well rounded now IMO.

SA Gunner

CM or winger for you? I think we only have one more signing in us.

Tough one, we need a player in central midfield who can dribble and move the ball forward. What we also need is another attacker to give us some explosiveness upfront.

I'd take an attacker, I know its risky but think Zinchenko could fill in as the number 6 in some matches.

SA Gunner

Fixed that for you.

Agreed with you, third spot. As good as Sp**s look under Conte I still think our style of football is superior to theirs and more capable of getting consistent results over a season.

Conte ball looks better for them this season as they are looking to win the ball higher up the pitch. But they are fundamentally still a defensive team, focused on creating counter attack situations for themselves instead of manipulating teams and creating chances that way.

We must get two things right and that is more control of the ball and matches, and more depth (CM + wide attacker). If we can achieve those two things and keep fit over the season... we'll be the third best team in the league this year.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Now that we clearly have a pattern on play. Can anyone think of signings we should make?

- If a LCM, they need to be box to box, have the ability to drift wide and also cover for the LB who might have tucked into CM

- If a winger, they need to be well rounded, able to hold down the wing on their own, help out defensively, ability to take on one or two men and add G/A.

Looking at the CM, i'm not sure thats Tielemans. He ticks the boxes going forward, but not coming back, not covering the LB.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Ironically, with the inverted full backs and CMs drifting wide, James Maddison with his crosses would have been ideal on the right. Maybe switch Ødegaard to the left. But thats probably not defensive enough. Would have been an interesting option had we not signed Vieira anyway.

Rattata

I honestly fear that if we don't sign a mobile LCM(not tielemans) and real competition for Saka, we won't achieve our goals this season.

This transfer window is January all over again. Sp**s and Chelsea go the extra mile while we are happy with a lazy Saka and Granit Xhaka scoring and assisting in a game for probably the first time in his Arsenal career.

I've seen this movie to many times to know how it will end.

Edit: I don't understand what we are doing honestly.

Paqueta is the perfect fit for our team and Zaha is begging to join Arsenal for years.

Just get it done.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I honestly fear that if we don't sign a mobile LCM(not tielemans) and real competition for Saka, we won't achieve our goals this season.

This transfer window is January all over again. Sp**s and Chelsea go the extra mile while we are happy with a lazy Saka and Granit Xhaka scoring and assisting in a game for probably the first time in his Arsenal career.

I've seen this movie to many times to know how it will end.

Edit: I don't understand what we are doing honestly.

Paqueta is the perfect fit for our team and Zaha is begging to join Arsenal for years.

Just get it done.
Its asking for disaster if they don't strength our squad still short 2-3 injures in key areas and we in trouble. I hope they don't ignore it because we look good be more ambitious and strength the squad we have the space to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom