• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,633

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Xhaka has a good performance and Arteta believes in him. Xhaka is the second captain of the team. I don't think Arteta will spend a lots money to replace him in this season.
Arteta won't spend money for Xhaka's back-up when he has Lokonga, Vieira and maybe ESR.

But a new 6 is possible
I think we will see MF signings next summer. It's clear Partey & Xhaka are 1st & we have had to prioritize other areas this window. Let's hope those 2 can remain uninjured for the season & we use Sambi, Elneny & Ainsley for cups & early European games.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I think we will see MF signings next summer. It's clear Partey & Xhaka are 1st & we have had to prioritize other areas this window. Let's hope those 2 can remain uninjured for the season & we use Sambi, Elneny & Ainsley for cups & early European games.
I truly hope this isn't the case or we are in for another long season....

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's massive risk to be honest number wise with Vieira have ability to play as 8 is fine but the quality still worrying. What if Partey goes down again i can't take another 3 months of Elneny he average footballer nothing against him being professional on the pitch he average same as Holding same as Cedric. Either sign DM or number 8 so we won't pray every game about Partey don't get injured or xhaka don't get injured or sent off.

Same with winger sign one and worry about pepe later our wagebill is healthy even if he end up staying it won't affect it after we let bellerin go.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

It's massive risk to be honest number wise with Vieira have ability to play as 8 is fine but the quality still worrying. What if Partey goes down again i can't take another 3 months of Elneny he average footballer nothing against him being professional on the pitch he average same as Holding same as Cedric. Either sign DM or number 8 so we won't pray every game about Partey don't get injured or xhaka don't get injured or sent off.

Same with winger sign one and worry about pepe later our wagebill is healthy even if he end up staying it won't affect it after we let bellerin go.
Zink into Xhaka's position and doomsday if Partey is on a long term injury/suspension. lol
Although if that happens AND tierney is back in the doctor's office then we are proper screwed.

Where's the news today?

REWB

It's obviously BS rumour as he just join Brighton last year and hasnt even settled yet.

I have to say Brighton keep hoodwinking everyone with their central midfielders, they are getting overhyped big time. I watched this guy vs man utd and Newcastle and he gives the ball away too much. Average passing. Decent tackler and great recovery pace but thats about it. We need more than what he has to offer. The reason Brighton do well is more down to the system Potter has implemented not individuals like Ceicedo and Bissouma. Just watch this season Bissouma will be a bench player all season for Sp**s, Conte has already clocked how average he is.

Farrell_afc

Think getting a proper right back is as important as a new MF. We are limiting Saka by not giving him an overlapping option. White has done fine in the opening 2 games and Tomi can do that inverted role well too but we need someone who can have a Zinchenko-esque effect on our right side.

Walker-Peters or Wilfred Singo would be good options. Livramento too but he done his ACL.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Think getting a proper right back is as important as a new MF. We are limiting Saka by not giving him an overlapping option. White has done fine in the opening 2 games and Tomi can do that inverted role well too but we need someone who can have a Zinchenko-esque effect on our right side.

Walker-Peters or Wilfred Singo would be good options. Livramento too but he done his ACL.
What you are suggesting is something Arteta won't do. He went for the inverted role. You can't play inverted role and still overlapping at the same time. Arteta doesn't want what you suggest.

jeremypkw

You're spot on mate. There's too much of a drop off between our starting midfield and next in line.

Tielemans would essentially be in the starting XI any time one of Ødegaard, Xhaka or Partey missed. He'll end up playing 30 games.

We were crucified last year when Partey and Tierney went down. We strengthened LB, and need to do the same with our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom