• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,436

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

daron christie

We’re not buying a midfielder when we have 6-7 players who can play in that area..Sami not going on loan and Mo signing a new contract kills the idea

Gunners1616

It's massive risk to be honest number wise with Vieira have ability to play as 8 is fine but the quality still worrying. What if Partey goes down again i can't take another 3 months of Elneny he average footballer nothing against him being professional on the pitch he average same as Holding same as Cedric. Either sign DM or number 8 so we won't pray every game about Partey don't get injured or xhaka don't get injured or sent off.

I think you are not considering the fact that we now have 2 extra candidates for the number 8 position compared to last season. You already mentioned Vieira (who is Arteta's wild card and we haven't seen him yet in that role, he might be very good there) but there is also Zinchenko (with Tierney playing left back).

I really don't have much doubt about Zinchenko being able to replace Xhaka... He's already playing that role partially. And technically he has the tools to cope with that position.

So if Partey is out => Xhaka - Zinchenko midfield or Xhaka - Vieira
And if Xhaka is out => Partey - Zinchenko midfield or Partey - Vieira

+ Elneny and Lokonga still having their chance.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think you are not considering the fact that we now have 2 extra candidates for the number 8 position compared to last season. You already mentioned Vieira (who is Arteta's wild card and we haven't seen him yet in that role, he might be very good there) but there is also Zinchenko (with Tierney playing left back).

I really don't have much doubt about Zinchenko being able to replace Xhaka... He's already playing that role partially. And technically he has the tools to cope with that position.

So if Partey is out => Xhaka - Zinchenko midfield or Xhaka - Vieira
And if Xhaka is out => Partey - Zinchenko midfield or Partey - Vieira

+ Elneny and Lokonga still having their chance.

I think numbers are not an issue in the midfield, but we don`t have certain specific traits. We need a tempo controller in the midfield IMO. I think that we need to become a bit better at maintaining possession when we have the ball and we need to buy one player there who can help us with that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
2a71e393-b525-464f-9a9b-c23bb209d294-jpeg.7891

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
We still have AMN, Bellerin, Pepe, Nelson :rolleyes:

Nelson is injured, don't think he will leave
Bellerin we just terminate his contract asap.

We need to sign a CM and a winger but Pepe ,AMN still here and nobody want them. :facepalm:

ChefMan21

Some weak rumors about AMN has an offer from union Berlin.
A small part of me thinks we should keep AMN until January. Offers a bit of versatility, helps with home grown, could be an okay option to have in the squad if we want to rest someone in an early round FA Cup match or something. We'll need to push on in the back half of the season, keeping our top players fresh for that seems a small price to pay if we were to keep him for the next few months?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A small part of me thinks we should keep AMN until January. Offers a bit of versatility, helps with home grown, could be an okay option to have in the squad if we want to rest someone in an early round FA Cup match or something. We'll need to push on in the back half of the season, keeping our top players fresh for that seems a small price to pay if we were to keep him for the next few months?
We have to admit he just not good enough he versatile but average in all positions he plays in. its time to move on we should have 2 years ago but Arteta decided to let him stay we could easily could have got 15-20M from him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If Sporting are genuinely asking for 45m for Matheus Nunes, we need to hijack that deal.

Edit: Nevermind, Wolves seems to have finished the deal already.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Amn is the definition of bang average, line up all the professional footballers in the world and he’ll stand there right in the middle I reckon
His greatest assets are his athleticism & versatility, 2 things Arteta looks for in players, so you would think he would have been an ideal player for Arteta to use.

I'm sure there will be other reasons he's not played since the FA cup win. He was fantastic in the lead up to & in that, won 5 England caps & Wolves wanted £20 mil for him.

Now hes the forgotten man. Weird.

ChefMan21

We have to admit he just not good enough he versatile but average in all positions he plays in. its time to move on we should have 2 years ago but Arteta decided to let him stay we could easily could have got 15-20M from him.
Yeah, but an average player can be brilliant against league cup/fa cup teams, especially early round teams. Player quality is all relative and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to increase the fatigue of our best players when a lesser player can do the job for particular games.

Why is Edu always putting his wife and family first during summers?

Little piece of filth, its your choice to work at high level in football. And you get paid a lot for it. Most busy months are in the summer. If you cant cancel your wife for 3 months you should be sacked.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Edus white board looks like this at the moment:

Martinelli---------------Jesus-----------------Saka
ESR------------------Nketiah--------------Pepe
Nelson---------------------------------------Marquinhos
------------------------------Ødegaard
-------------------------------Vieira
---------Xhaka-----------------------Partey
---------Lokonga-------------------Elneny
-------------------------------------------AMN

Zinchenko------------------------------------Tomi
Tierney-----------------------------------------Cedric
----------------------------------------------------Bellerin
-------------------Gabriel--------Saliba
-------------------Holding-------White

-------------------------Ramsdale
-------------------------Turner
--------------------------Youth gk

I am curious to see where they want to strengthen. Arteta says he wants more signings, but looking at the above there are limited options.

ESR and Vieira can both play wide and as an 8/10. So why would we sign another wide player or a CM especially with Xhakas status in the line up.

Pepe and Nelson will be hard to shift.

My preference is a 1v1 player. Currently only Saka and Martinelli offer devastation. We need the option of a player who offers it on both flanks. That isn't Pino btw. Neto would be perfect and I really like Doku. If we lose Martinelli or Saka we end up with a playmaker wide. That changes how we play.

The other position is 6. Elneny for Europa and cup games, cool. However the drop off from Partey is too great. He is literally the only player who hasn't got someone able to step into his spot or even push him for it.

Douglas Luiz is currently being benched by Villa for not agreeing a new contract. People question him but I feel like he would go up a level with our Brazillian contingent.

Also, could we be after a LCB? Holding just isn't the right profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom