• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,543

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I repeatedly said we never wanted and were never going to sign Tielemans, I was ridiculed. Listen to your daddy next time.
Dungeons And Dragons Meme GIF by Hyper RPG

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Why do we need a winger? Just spend 60m on a starting CM and get it done with.

No point spending 40m on a winger who’s just gonna ride the bench. Improve the starting 11 ffs. F*ck knows why we’re linked to this Pino kid.
Cos Pepe might be going, ESR is injury prone, Marquinhos is going on loan and that would only leave us with Saka and Martinelli as our wingers.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Point is we need another 8 or 6.

Doesn't matter if Partey and Xhaka are going to be the starting pair. They can't play every game. The player (s) don't even need to be better than Partey or Xhaka. What we need is to avoid the cliff face drop off in quality to Sambi ( who should probably be going out on loan) and Elneny.

I know Tielemans is the boring option but he'd enhance our depth and for the fee (£20-25m) we'd have no problems moving him on in a few years if we needed to.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't matter if Partey and Xhaka are going to be the starting pair. They can't play every game. The player (s) don't even need to be better than Partey or Xhaka. What we need is to avoid the cliff face drop off in quality to Sambi ( who should probably be going out on loan) and Elneny.

I know Tielemans is the boring option but he'd enhance our depth and for the fee (£20-25m) we'd have no problems moving him on in a few years if we needed to.

You realise we signed Vieira? I think he will surprise a lot of people.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There is absolutely zero chance of you having any possible insight in Arsenals business so don’t try to attribute like you knew wether or not we would sign tielemans

You’re very grumpy today, not your usual upbeat self. What’s going on in UTG world?

Reactions: A_G

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Tielemans cannot play the Partey role, that’s where we need our midfielder. The player has to be mobile, and strong defensively.

RunTheTrap

I think people are forgetting that this season will be hectic. There’s gonna be two games a week, the World Cup, FA Cup and Europa. If there’s a season to bloat the squad up it should be this one. A CM and winger should come in if we’re serious about top 4. No ifs or buts.

Diesel

Keeping Xhaka in the starting XI in this role is a mistake imo. I think we are mistaking form for quality. It’s exactly the same thing we did with Elneny and now we realise how much of a mistake it was extending him. Yeah Xhaka is playing well, but he could have easily conceded two goals from losing the ball under pressure. Fair play to him though. He keeps evolving with the team and makes it hard to drop him, but I know this guy.
The way edu is taking credit for fabio buy before he even played has me thinking he will see time there.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Keeping Xhaka in the starting XI in this role is a mistake imo. I think we are mistaking form for quality. It’s exactly the same thing we did with Elneny and now we realise how much of a mistake it was extending him. Yeah Xhaka is playing well, but he could have easily conceded two goals from losing the ball under pressure. Fair play to him though. He keeps evolving with the team and makes it hard to drop him, but I know this guy.
Either that or Wenger was right all those years ago and he really is a box to box player, just one that Wenger refused to support with someone defensive...

RunTheTrap

Either that or Wenger was right all those years ago and he really is a box to box player, just one that Wenger refused to support with someone defensive...
Yep. Wenger wanted Kante too. Maybe the plan was to go Özil at 10 with Kante and Xhaka in the pivot. I don’t think we developed Xhaka properly. I think giving him the keys to our build was too much responsibility on him. He’s never been a deep lying playmaker and his tackling isn’t good enough to be a pure 6 (although he has improved significantly in this attribute). Dare I say, this iteration of Xhaka has annoyed me the least. However, he still sticks out like a sore thumb in some aspects and I would feel a lot more comfortable if he was on the bench than a starter. That’s just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom