• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,651

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yep. Wenger wanted Kante too. Maybe the plan was to go Özil at 10 with Kante and Xhaka in the pivot. I don’t think we developed Xhaka properly. I think giving him the keys to our build was too much responsibility on him. He’s never been a deep lying playmaker and his tackling isn’t good enough to be a pure 6 (although he has improved significantly in this attribute). Dare I say, this iteration of Xhaka has annoyed me the least. However, he still sticks out like a sore thumb in some aspects and I would feel a lot more comfortable if he was on the bench than a starter. That’s just me.
That would be perfect balanced midfield. Özil had the creativity of 2 Odegards. You balance it with Kante who can run for Özil and you put Xhaka there running slowly over all the pitch making **** tackles. A like it.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I will be happy with CHO tbh. My only concern is that he is a bit injury prone, but I consider him as young Zaha. We should be all over for him if Chelsea wants ~30m.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Keeping Xhaka in the starting XI in this role is a mistake imo. I think we are mistaking form for quality. It’s exactly the same thing we did with Elneny and now we realise how much of a mistake it was extending him. Yeah Xhaka is playing well, but he could have easily conceded two goals from losing the ball under pressure. Fair play to him though. He keeps evolving with the team and makes it hard to drop him, but I know this guy.
Learn About Football

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Point is we need another 8 or 6.

Doesn't matter if Partey and Xhaka are going to be the starting pair. They can't play every game. The player (s) don't even need to be better than Partey or Xhaka. What we need is to avoid the cliff face drop off in quality to Sambi ( who should probably be going out on loan) and Elneny.

I know Tielemans is the boring option but he'd enhance our depth and for the fee (£20-25m) we'd have no problems moving him on in a few years if we needed to.
Moh proved time and time again that he is more than suited to perform a backup role for us.

Multipass

I will be happy with CHO tbh. My only concern is that he is a bit injury prone, but I consider him as young Zaha. We should be all over for him if Chelsea wants ~30m.
Any truth to the Hudson odoi rumors? Cant see Chelsea selling us a player with his potential.

Gn1212

This the guy with the expertise on stuff regarding Belgian players and the Belgian League. Seems to have some good connections to France as well.

I don't particularly see the logic behind waiting to get him. Imagine he has a top WC, would be unreachable then.

Legend14

Established Member
Keeping Xhaka in the starting XI in this role is a mistake imo. I think we are mistaking form for quality. It’s exactly the same thing we did with Elneny and now we realise how much of a mistake it was extending him. Yeah Xhaka is playing well, but he could have easily conceded two goals from losing the ball under pressure. Fair play to him though. He keeps evolving with the team and makes it hard to drop him, but I know this guy.
Agree.

Arteta is making a tradeoff here. Xhaka’s leadership, positioning, and effort vs offensive capabilities. Its a difficult decision and Xhaka doesn’t look to be making the decision easier by his good form.

If we replace Xhaka, the player has to be noticeable better in the value Xhaka provides and needs to give us an offensive boost. The list of players is short.

I would target Partey if we only have one signing left. We have no answer for his position if he is not available.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hudson-Odoi is currently on £120k and he hasn't kicked a ball properly since signing that contract.

I vividly remember him completely destroying our right side a few years ago and thinking this kid was a special talent, though. Also doesn't help that he barely gets a run of games at Chelsea the last few years.

If the fee is low (it should be) and he's willing to take a wage reduction (possibly to Martinelli's £90k~) I wouldn't mind having him here over Pino.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hudson-Odoi is currently on £120k and he hasn't kicked a ball properly since signing that contract.

I vividly remember him completely destroying our right side a few years ago and thinking this kid was a special talent, though. Also doesn't help that he barely gets a run of games at Chelsea the last few years.

If the fee is low (it should be) and he's willing to take a wage reduction (possibly to Martinelli's £90k~) I wouldn't mind having him here over Pino.

Why would knocking off 30k matter to you? Arsenal accountants I guess.

He's overrated anyways and needs to be starting to show anything near the promise he had earlier in his career, so Arsenal is not a good move.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's more a hierarchy and setting expectations thing to me than an accounting thing, although I will admit that Arsenal's high wages for fodder strategy has traumatised me a little over recent years, so I hope to avoid it as much as possible.
He's overrated anyways and needs to be starting to show anything near the promise he had earlier in his career, so Arsenal is not a good move.
He probably should move to a side where he gets regular minutes. Probably right side of the PL table somewhere, but I do think we could at least offer more minutes than Chelsea.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah; wages are the issue with him, potentially that injury as well. Realistically he's going to need to take a paycut to come here, no way he can earn more than Saka/Martinelli ect.

But do think there's a good player in there. Fast, creative, good 1v1, can play either flank. I think the way Chelsea play really doesn't suit him. He's best out wide, and Chelsea's width comes from the wing backs, whereas ours comes from our wingers.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Why are we allowing United a free run at Casimero? If he's available, we should definitely attempt to hijack any potential deal!

We've a stable environment where a football club is operating as exactly that, a club.

He'd be in a Global city with everything within arms length as opposed to living it up in a provincial city.

He'd instsntly transform our midfield & allow us to maintain the steel in the center should Xhaka get injured or, God forbid, new developments preclude a certain stalwart from continuing in his duties.

We should be all over this! Provided Real are in a selling mood of course :lol:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why are we allowing United a free run at Casimero? If he's available, we should definitely attempt to hijack any potential deal!

We've a stable environment where a football club is operating as exactly that, a club.

He'd be in a Global city with everything within arms length as opposed to living it up in a provincial city.

He'd instsntly transform our midfield & allow us to maintain the steel in the center should Xhaka get injured or, God forbid, new developments preclude a certain stalwart from continuing in his duties.

We should be all over this! Provided Real are in a selling mood of course :lol:

Because Panic United are going to pay £70m for him and pay him 300-400k a week and he's 30.

6666Louis

Quite strange not to care about the salary of a player or the economy of our club, as if it is not crucial?!

Some are so allergic to talk about money, whether in business or politics, that it ends in childish detachment

Anyway, looks to me like Pino at 35m would be a pickup. He’s vision, technique, close control and perseverance fits football of tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom