• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 285,843

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Make your choice... Shick, Isaak or João Felix. All of them could be available for less money than Vlahovic and his mafia agent

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously. If we move on from Vlahovic we should really be looking at Cabral. Someone is going to hit the jackpot with him

The chest control from 4.16 onwards is just silly.

The main con with him is that he is in a weak league, but when you look at someone in a weak look you have to see whether they are just being efficient as their level is slightly higher or whether they are literally taking the piss.

Cabral is completely taking the piss. Nutmeg, overheads, setting up his own bicycle kicks. It's just silly now. He needs to move on.

There is also the debate about his pace. Personally I don't think he is slow. Giroud and Xhaka are slow. I don't think Cabral is any slower than Vlahovic. If he is through on goal I don't think he is being caught and it isn't due to pace, it's the next point.

Strength. Vlahovic may be 6 ft 3 and built. Cabral is insanely strong and knows how to use his strength. He can jump up and chest the ball down under pressure and retain possession. He knows exactly how to hold players off in a dribble and he is definitely a better dribbler and more skillfull than Vlahovic. He can catch a ball on his chest under pressure. 4.31 vs young boys. The same team that dealt with United.

He reminds me of r9 when shooting. Very similar technique. Both footed though and insane power.

Lastly, Aerial ability is off the charts and his acrobatic ability is crazy. Overheads, aggressive with headers. He has it all. He is an absolute handful and if we are not going for Vlahovic then I don't see why we don't spend 20 million on Cabral. There is a chance that he is a success.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Seriously. If we move on from Vlahovic we should really be looking at Cabral. Someone is going to hit the jackpot with him

The main con with him is that he is in a weak league, but when you look at someone in a weak look you have to see whether they are just being efficient as their level is slightly higher or whether they are literally taking the piss.

Cabral is completely taking the piss. Nutmeg, overheads, setting up his own bicycle kicks. It's just silly now. He needs to move on.

There is also the debate about his pace. Personally I don't think he is slow. Giroud and Xhaka are slow. I don't think Cabral is any slower than Vlahovic. If he is through on goal I don't think he is being caught and it isn't due to pace, it's the next point.

Strength. Vlahovic may be 6 ft 3 and built. Cabral is insanely strong and knows how to use his strength. He can jump up and chest the ball down under pressure and retain possession. He knows exactly how to hold players off in a dribble and he is definitely a better dribbler and more skillfull than Vlahovic. He can catch a ball on his chest under pressure. 4.31 vs young boys. The same team that dealt with United.

He reminds me of r9 when shooting. Very similar technique. Both footed though and insane power.

Lastly, Aerial ability is off the charts and his acrobatic ability is crazy. Overheads, aggressive with headers. He has it all. He is an absolute handful and if we are not going for Vlahovic then I don't see why we don't spend 20 million on Cabral. There is a chance that he is a success.
Cabral + CM > Vlahovic (or other similarly priced cf)?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly. Cabral + CM.

I watched Vlahovic yesterday closely. I don't think he had his best game, but he obviously has talent. He is strong and has good acceleration. He lays the ball off first time alot. A lot of 1 touch passes and lay offs like Giroud. He wasn't really getting hold of it, turning and running which was strange considering the standard of opposition. Was he preventing injury? Who knows.

Aerially he offered nothing. He doesn't actually attack the ball when it goes wide. Cabral is so much better in the air. He would also cost less and have very little pressure and expectation. I think those signings have tradionally worked much better for us.

Would it allow us to go for a midfielder also? Definitely. Would we? I doubt it. Leicester wouldn't let Tielemans go without a replacement. I think we could do Cabral and Guimaraes for the price of Vlahovic or even less quite comfortably.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not going to argue with this, Cabral + Bruno would be lovely this window. He does look very slow but the rest of his game is box office so he's definitely worth a punt.

Goonger

I wouldnt argue against it to be honest. Its a risk but If you could convince Lacazette to sign for another year or 2 then it allays the risk somewhat. I agree with what your saying about the lower standard of league as well, sometimes you just have to look at the movement, the positioning, the quality of finishes & try & judge that way. I said it before but it would be a similar situation of signing Edurado from Zagreb, only difference that there was already an Adebayor and a RVP here to rely on.

Taurul

According to this report, Basel wants only 15 millions for him.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Should try our luck with Cabral.
If it doesn't work out we can always loan him out to our sattelite club Marseikle

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

He seriously looks class in youtube clips but the level is so low and the fact he's playing in such a league aged 23 is a bit of a red flag. I suppose Salah was playing there aged 22 tbf. But few players can step up from Bundesliga/Ligue1/LaLiga in the PL and those are all levels above the Swiss Super League. Other than that we have the Conference League. It's a pity he hasn't got to play in Europa at least to judge him better. Still probably worth a punt for 15 million

Goonger

It's a shame about Vlahovic. I reckon the forward and centre midfield signing that we are all crying out for could almost be like our version of when Liverpool signed Allison & Van Dijk to elevate them, if we manage to strike gold with these 2 signings. Not saying them alone take us to title challenges but it really could cement ourselves in the top 4 with a younger squad to improve further.

Theres opportunity a plenty in the summer regarding midfielders, Tielemans, Bissouma, Guimaraes, Neves to name a few, but with the forwards it all seems more of a gamble.

Malky

Established Member
£15M for Cabral is worth taking the risk. At the very least we’ll have a decent backup CF.
Honestly Cabral for £15m and throw £60m+ at Leicester for Tielemans in hope it turns it’s head and he wants to leave. For me that is a far better option than £60m+ on Vlahovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom