• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 285,612

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

I mean more so the way we sell players.

Saliba for £30 million, will be sold without even given a chance...Auba given a huge deal, cast him aside and try to sign a new star forward in January of all times...etc.

We don't have City's owners, so for players we have made expensive commitments on, it's weird we give up on them/treat them this way.

Just been a bit of a "interesting" team, since Arteta took over...some good things, but some very bizarre things too.

If Saliba is as a good as everyone suggest he is then regardless of Artetas intention he will be sold for a profit. But he won't be sold at all and will slot alongside White next season with no issues.

What else are we supposed to do with Auba? He has always been a terrible footballer who despite being limited could manage to make the most of his chances and be a very good goal scorer. He can't ****ing buy a goal now which renders him completely useless. He continually ****ed up while being captain and was rightfully stripped. He obviously didn't handle it well otherwise he would be with the team and the players themselves clearly have no issues with it as their performances have gotten better and the unity in the team is the highest it has been since Wenger left.

We might not have City owners but the owners we do have, are actually investing in the club at present. They gave Emery 130m of which most has gone to waste, Arteta upwards of 200. We are also significantly reducing our wage despite spending which will overall help our finances and allow us to spend more.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I get speed and dribbling ability translate different to different leagues. But heading and strength is pretty much the same. I don’t see how nketiah is better. The truth is come summer time we gonna need a strike force. Our first 3 strikers are more likely to leave than be here. I don’t want us to have one striker and have unproven kids like bolugon behind him. We need players in their mid 20s to get balanced squad

It's because PL defenders are far better at heading crosses and much more physical than Swiss defenders by some margin.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If Saliba is as a good as everyone suggest he is then regardless of Artetas intention he will be sold for a profit. But he won't be sold at all and will slot alongside White next season with no issues.

What else are we supposed to do with Auba? He has always been a terrible footballer who despite being limited could manage to make the most of his chances and be a very good goal scorer. He can't ****ing buy a goal now which renders him completely useless. He continually ****ed up while being captain and was rightfully stripped. He obviously didn't handle it well otherwise he would be with the team and the players themselves clearly have no issues with it as their performances have gotten better and the unity in the team is the highest it has been since Wenger left.

We might not have City owners but the owners we do have, are actually investing in the club at present. They gave Emery 130m of which most has gone to waste, Arteta upwards of 200. We are also significantly reducing our wage despite spending which will overall help our finances and allow us to spend more.

No, the owners dont invest their own money. They allow the club to spend the clubs money. Arsenal is one of the richest clubs in Europe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's because PL defenders are far better at heading crosses and much more physical than Swiss defenders by some margin.
Except they not. Heading is heading and if you good at it you good at it anywhere. It’s not like Tim Cahill who was very good in the air had to go to pl to prove he can win headers over there.

Goonger

I know we've not been linked, & I know he's talked about a lot, but for me the most risk adverse startegy would be to go with @The_Playmaker plan of signing Cabral this window.

It would be too big a risk to go through to the end of the season with just Laca & Eddie. Cabral at the very least gives us another body. We can then use the next 4 or 5 months to assess him, and gives us better analysis to decide how we attack the summer window, do we offer Laca that extension, how big and what type of striker we need to sign in the summer etc?

If he struggles considering he's likely to cost £12M-£15M, then he shouldn't be too difficult to offload.

I honestly struggle to see the negative's.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Feels that way. I suppose the midfield will be the experienced part of the side. Xhaka, Partey, possibly Arthur are all a decent age.

I mean I’d like to think so but we all know Xhaka by now and nothing indicates Partey is about to get his act together, Arthur is a reclamation project that failed at two big clubs.

It’ll be 5 years before this squad actually peaks, we gonna be out of the CL for 10 years is it?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Linked with Ricci again empoli midfielder 20 years old the guy that get compared to Jorginho "yuck". But I'd prefer him than guys like Arthur even tho I want more experienced midfielder.

Weak links

blrgooner

Established Member
Linked with Ricci again empoli midfielder 20 years old the guy that get compared to Jorginho "yuck". But I'd prefer him than guys like Arthur even tho I want more experienced midfielder.

Weak links
Why Jorginho "Yuck"? He is a very good player and absolutely levels above what we are used to in the midfield. One of the best midfielders in the league I think.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why Jorginho "Yuck"? He is a very good player and absolutely levels above what we are used to in the midfield. One of the best midfielders in the league I think.
No please he above average player put him in 433 system he going to struggle. Maybe because I'm tired of slow midfielders

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Extremely overrated player. The fact that he made the FIFA team of the year is laughable.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Weak links

Looool weak links, that should be AM’s pub quiz team name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom