• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,762

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I used to have high hopes for Gabigol when he first came up at Santos, so I followed him a bit. I think his initial failure in Europe had more to do with him being undisciplined and unjustifiably full of himself. Reckon he'd do better now.

Don't think he's a good fit for the PL, though. He's a good finisher and technically sound, but he's not very agile and is very one-footed. The pace of the PL might be too much for him. Might do well in La Liga or Serie A, however.

Everton have a history of signing goalscorers who aren't agile enough to cut it in the PL (Sandro Ramirez, Cenk Tosun, etc.) so they probably get him if DCL leaves. :lol:

I thought about transfers in january and summer 2022. A possible squad next summer:
X/Auba

ESR/Martinelli Öde/X Saka/Pepe

X/Xhaka Partey/Lokonga

Tierney/Tavares Gabriel/Holding White/Saliba Tomi/Soares

Ramsdale/X
+ Mari, Chambers (renew contract), AMN, Nelson, Balogun

Out:
Kola
Laca
Nketiah
Leno 10
Mavropanos 5
Bellerin 10
Torreira 15
Guendouzi 10
Total: 50£

In:
Gk 5
Cm 50
Am 15
St 70
Total: 140£

I think this looks like a very promising squad with huge potential in the future.
Imo these transfers aren‘t impossible.

What do u think about the squad?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I thought about transfers in january and summer 2022. A possible squad next summer:
X/Auba

ESR/Martinelli Öde/X Saka/Pepe

X/Xhaka Partey/Lokonga

Tierney/Tavares Gabriel/Holding White/Saliba Tomi/Soares

Ramsdale/X
+ Mari, Chambers (renew contract), AMN, Nelson, Balogun

Out:
Kola
Laca
Nketiah
Leno 10
Mavropanos 5
Bellerin 10
Torreira 15
Guendouzi 10
Total: 50£

In:
Gk 5
Cm 50
Am 15
St 70
Total: 140£

I think this looks like a very promising squad with huge potential in the future.
Imo these transfers aren‘t impossible.

What do u think about the squad?
It seems Nketiah might get us 3 million if he moves inside England. Also pretty sure we can't get 15 million from Torreira, that deal backfired more than thought possible with his problems of England.

Also my guess is that Chambers won't renew at this point in his career. Nor will AMN. Mari or Holding will likely be sold, depending on things. Xhaka could also be sold if a proper offer arrives, and two midfielders bought.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I am sorry but if you okay´d a Wilshere signing you´re massively rooting against the development of this club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Urgent need for midfielder and ST or some goal scoring winger in winter if we want top 4 challenge the problem we facing now we just missing guy who regularly put it in net and midfield that just help us to dominate because Partey is not helping

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Urgent need for midfielder and ST or some goal scoring winger in winter if we want top 4 challenge the problem we facing now we just missing guy who regularly put it in net and midfield that just help us to dominate because Partey is not helping
I don't know who is available to replace Thomas in January? I really want Vhalovic come here but it's just a dream.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't know who is available to replace Thomas in January? I really want Vhalovic come here but it's just a dream.
Me too currently there no much option Vlahovic isn't moving in January unless crazy bid came about midfield i think we really need one xhaka is coming back but don't think it'll be enough

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Depends if we have money to spend. Some of the other clubs around Europe are struggling and probably accept decent bids in January that they wouldn't normally consider. Tyler Adams has a release clause - not sure if he's the best we can get though...

Liam_Og

some goal scoring winger
People said last season if ESR and Saka add goals to their game they would be nailed first teamers.

For me, they have done that, and between the 2 of them are the biggest goal threat in our team.

I agree on a CM and a worldie ST option. Just not sure who is available.

With the club’s current sought after profiles, DCL and Kalvin Phillips probably make the most sense, even if the DCL acquisition is questionable.

My feeling is, unless we can get top-top quality in i’d rather rotate in/out some of the fringe players, AMN did well in his last couple of starts and Balogun/Martinelli deserves a run at CF considering how Auba is at the moment.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For DCL, I agree. But Jonathan David has elite potential.
It's really difficult to gage attacking players from the French league. I think he is good, but he doesn't play as lone forward, he isnt good in the air and he isn't scoring the type if goals that really warrant taking a risk on him. I have the same opinion of Gouiri.

I think we are going for a more robust lone centre forward.

Haaland- no chance
Isak - expensive and needs development but attainable
DCL- expensive, proven
Darwin Nunez - knee injury history, erratic
Osimhen- expensive , also erratic
Schik- just moved, is he going to get better?
Vlahovic- seems to have it all, are we being used by his agent?
Dolberg - always injured

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Any chance we can sign a couple players with a *wee* bit of experience so I don't have to listen to the young excuse constantly?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Should be trying to shift the players out of contract next summer for any fee we can get.

Chambers, Kolasinac, Elneny, Nketiah, Lacazette.

Off you pop.

Getting players out > Signing players.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Any chance we can sign a couple players with a *wee* bit of experience so I don't have to listen to the young excuse constantly?
Arteta when a good player is available, but he would increase the average age of the squad by 3 months:
anigif_enhanced-24295-1438720440-3.gif

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vlahovic looks the best CF we've been linked to imo. DCL obvs is PL proven, which is always a plus, but I think he's playing at his peak right now. He's a good player, but not near the elite level for me.

Isak looks good back to goal, but I don't think he's got as much goalscoring potential as Vlahovic, who looks to have an absolutely lethal left foot, as well as being very good in the air.

I think with Saka and ESR out wide, who aren't really wide forwards, we need a goalscoring machine at 9, who will convert a high % of their chances. The big q is obviously whether Arteta's rubbish football would stifle a guy like Vlahovic as it has Auba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom