• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,752

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Ødengaard is highly debatable, Ramsdale has been a revelation (Strange because our goalkeeper wasn't too bad), Tomiyasu and white haven't been spectacular by any means, you mans love to hype up players doing the basics, I guess with dross like holding and bellerin gracing our squad it's to be expected.
Tomiyasu has been immense, what are you talking about? They even give him credit on MOTD, that's so rare for an Arsenal player these days.

Barry

You’ll get a bump in your head if you carry on like that you little qunt. 😁

Anyway back on topic. McGinn….you all know it makes sense.
McGinn is decent, but he's a big step down from Tielemans imo. Look them both up on fbref - they profile quite similar but McGinn is basically 10% worse at everything.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You mean 4? Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu and Ødegaard have been really good.
I would have said four also but even if it was three that is still a 50% success rate which is actually pretty decent.

It really bugs me that fans expect close to a 100% success rate when even the greatest managers, DOF's and chief scouts in football history have go close to that.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Ødengaard is highly debatable, Ramsdale has been a revelation (Strange because our goalkeeper wasn't too bad), Tomiyasu and white haven't been spectacular by any means, you mans love to hype up players doing the basics, I guess with dross like holding and bellerin gracing our squad it's to be expected.
Sorry but saying Tomiyasu hasn't been spectacular discredits your evaluation entirely. What are you even watching?

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Strange logic. But you did say Ramsdale has been a revelation. How is that the case? Hasn`t he played as a part of the team that lost?
Yes Ramsdale has pretty much been good in every game, irregardless of loss Tomiyasu has been decent, but in most our big games he's been cooked on the right, and by all accounts isn't even a natural right back, did I say he was bad no, but calling him spectacular is a stretch, I would argue that bellerin earlier in his career was a better right back, Sagna was brilliant, but Tomiyasu has been average for me.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If the club can’t get Vlahovic done, they must press ahead and sign a CM. At least improve one area of the team and push for Top 4, we won’t get a better chance than this season.

I genuinely believe and I’m probably way off but if Tielemans is a summer target and we don’t get Vlahovic now I don’t see why we wouldn’t pursue Youri in January. Only if Leicester are asking for 70M+ I can see why we wouldn’t.

You could argue tho, Youri we could get in the summer and Dusan we couldn’t.

Barry

I genuinely believe and I’m probably way off but if Tielemans is a summer target and we don’t get Vlahovic now I don’t see why we wouldn’t pursue Youri in January. Only if Leicester are asking for 70M+ I can see why we wouldn’t.

If we land either of those players then it's been a very successful window imo. I can see the reasoning for each of them, but Tielemans hits the ground running and I could see him being the difference this season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There's an amazing market availability for very good midfielders in the summer with 2 years or less in contract.

United comes and targets midfielders like Haidara and McGinn (27 years old) who have 3 years in contract?

Their squad building and money usage is just something else. I'm not saying those are bad buys at all, but just quite left-field after all the other possibilities.

What's nice is that they likely won't buy anyone from Dortmund ever again, so no worry about Bellingham. ;)

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

It’s possible. Leicester aren’t really in a fight for top 4.

I’d feel a lot more comfortable if we got one starting 11 signing in. We look incredibly short on numbers and have been lucky key players haven’t been injured... yet.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The Auba heart complications have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. Hard to determine what his recovery will be at this point so it’s purely hypothetical, but we could be staring down the barrel of being a Laca injury away from Nketiah starting every game.

That would well and truly **** our season.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Auba heart complications have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. Hard to determine what his recovery will be at this point so it’s purely hypothetical, but we could be starting down the barrel of being a Laca injury away from Nketiah starting every game.

That would well and truly **** our season.

Also might be a bit heartless but it does mean we’d be stuck with 250k a week on the wage bill which we otherwise might have cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom