• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,733

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Bit ridiculous to abandon interest in a player because they made a mistake in a football match. Guys a proven over multiple years to be a top PL midfielder. Would be a great pick up.
First I was thinking we could maybe buy Guimaraes and Tielemans to give more defensive and offensive options.

Now I'm not so sure. Last night Tielemans was one of the worst players on the pitch. Also it looked just like in Wenger's later years, when Xhaka was in the midfield alone defending counter-attacks when losing the ball. So slow to recover, which will result in sure goals.

Not everyone has to be fast, but this kind of slowness and lack of interest in defending is just too limiting. He made multiple bad moves while defending too, and they just ran past him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First I was thinking we could maybe buy Guimaraes and Tielemans to give more defensive and offensive options.

Now I'm not so sure. Last night Tielemans was one of the worst players on the pitch. Also it looked just like in Wenger's later years, when Xhaka was in the midfield alone defending counter-attacks when losing the ball. So slow to recover, which will result in sure goals.

Not everyone has to be fast, but this kind of slowness and lack of interest in defending is just too limiting. He made multiple bad moves while defending too, and they just ran past him.

He had a poor game; but every player has off days. Guys been a top level operator in the PL for multiple seasons now. Great passer, gets a goal, can play number 8. I don't think you want him in a pivot though, he looks a 433 midfielder, which would benefit us a lot as we don't have anyone like that in the squad at the minute.

He doesn't even really need to be a starter, but would be a great option to have in the squad imo.

drippin

He had a poor game; but every player has off days. Guys been a top level operator in the PL for multiple seasons now. Great passer, gets a goal, can play number 8. I don't think you want him in a pivot though, he looks a 433 midfielder, which would benefit us a lot as we don't have anyone like that in the squad at the minute.

He doesn't even really need to be a starter, but would be a great option to have in the squad imo.
Yeah with 4-3-3 he could work. Although even then he would be next to Ødegaard, is Partey defensive enough as the more defensive player?

But I wouldn't buy him now with like 30 million overpricing. In the summer they have to sell him cheap.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah with 4-3-3 he could work. Although even then he would be next to Ødegaard, is Partey defensive enough as the more defensive player?

But I wouldn't buy him now with like 30 million overpricing. In the summer they have to sell him cheap.

Yeah, if we are interested I'd imagine it would be a summer thing.

Not sure about Ødegaard in that position yet tbh. I think Partey could play that role, but I think 433 is more about coaching than anything, you need the 8s to really know what they're doing defensively to make sure the DM doesn't get exposed.

I'd just like to see more options in midfield. We only have guys that can play 10 or behind the ball.

bastun

Player:Saka
Youri Tielemans must be deported to Belgium immediately with a lifelong ban to enter the UK.
His crimes are unforgivable.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t mind signing Ndidi instead, guys only 25. Then on top of that you sign a really technical / expansive box to box midfielder, then we have everything. Second signing can be someone a bit cheaper.

drippin

Wouldn’t mind signing Ndidi instead, guys only 25. Then on top of that you sign a really technical / expansive box to box midfielder, then we have everything. Second signing can be someone a bit cheaper.
Ndidi's contract ends 2024 so he is yet another option on the market.

Just don't like 2 AFCON midfielders in the same team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People read too much Tielemans playing in Leicester team have no ant discipline defensively and lost ball in midfield and they in trouble. He still good midfielder

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Do Ndidi and Partey work as a two in midfield? Not for me, too similar. Ndidis a top player though, United should be all over him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tielemans in CM is a calculated risk - you concede more chances but you also score more. Obviously it would only work with the right set up around him but he would be a fantastic option, especially to add some danger against the bottom half of the table. Much riskier when playing the top clubs though
Without protection he would seriously struggle. I really don’t think people understand how much ndidis insane work rate helps him. Ndidi is up there with kante in terms of ability to cover space. Tilesman is a player who covers little space and wouldn’t improve us if you took xhakas out for him imo

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Santi wasn't hard or bigger than him... And look how he ran out midfield. Sometimes you only need technique and brain and not only an orc running while yelling Booooyz in the best English way.
Mate Santi was a magician on the ball and smart when defending. Something Tielemans isn't.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mate Santi was a magician on the ball and smart when defending. Something Tielemans isn't.
Yeah I hate that because small player here did well every small player can do the same thinking. There is huge technical level between those two players

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I hate that because small player here did well every small player can do the same thinking. There is huge technical level between those two players
Second this. Has there been a better player in terms of the combination of technical skill and footballing intelligence in the league? David Silva maybe on the same level?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some of the qualities in Santi's game, were absolutely elite level...so expecting every short midfielder to have that, is a bit mad...this league is still super physical, unless you are a proper technician, a short midfielder will easily get bullied here.

Now that we have Partey back early, this feels very meh...even with his flaws, Xhaka is probably still better than Arthur.

Now that Thomas is back, I would take the risk and try to get Ramsey on loan., Juve seem open to moving him on.. injuries are more of a worry, but feel he would be much better for us than Melo.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The fight for top 4 will not be as easy as some of the Tetasexuals believed. We are in desperate need of a striker and in big need of a CM.

There has never been any artetasexuals on this forum

Maybe on Twitter but not here

What we have is Wengernostalgiamerchants, Potterheads and the occasional Emery lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom