• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,695

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe +1 manager too.
Maybe 1+ DOF. I think Arteta staying until his contract is done in 2023 or 2024 he going nowhere people stressing themselves over something will never happen the way our owners acting he'll be given as much he want specially with the things gone this season maybe will need he lose dressing room "like emery" or result got seriously bad. The new contract talks i don't believe it to be fair.

Diesel

Maybe 1+ DOF. I think Arteta staying until his contract is done in 2023 or 2024 he going nowhere people stressing themselves over something will never happen the way our owners acting he'll be given as much he want specially with the things gone this season maybe will need he lose dressing room "like emery" or result got seriously bad. The new contract talks i don't believe it to be fair.
Hope we havent offered a new deal to him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There is no such thing as manager will stay at big club for certain 2-3 years. Look at Ole. If Arteta don’t get top 4 this season he is in serious trouble because like Emery the fans will turn

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
There is no such thing as manager will stay at big club for certain 2-3 years. Look at Ole. If Arteta don’t get top 4 this season he is in serious trouble because like Emery the fans will turn
That's true that's why people don't need to say arteta out everyday if they know how modern football manager works they usually don't stay for 3 years max unless the success is beyond the expectations like klopp or pep even them could be gone because they want to change. Just get behind the team see where it goes stop focusing on managers.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Hope we havent offered a new deal to him.
No it was made up story. If he achieve top 4 or we just miss out by so little margin they might but until today no contract talks needed. Also depend how the team develops under him if it continues hot/cold we don't need bother offering him because he can't build momentum with the team.

Malky

Established Member
Now we're back to spinning the story the owners/board won't spend (after spending the most on the planet last summer, mind you) to justify Arteta not getting his boy Vlahovic who was clearly never coming to Arsenal?
And he's waited until the dying days of the window to discuss spending with the owner? Either way he comes out of it looking like the rookie idiot he is. :clown:

What a mess Arteta and Edu have got themselves into here.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Arteta in USA with Stan begging for another 150M to spend and reach Europa Conference League.
Hungry Food GIF

yorch44

Wouldn't give lego head a pot to piss in, never mind another pot of money.
The silver lining in all of this is you can only hope that Arteta and Edu's failures in this window is what leads to their sacking.
Please, we all know we are going nowhere with them.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Wouldn't give lego head a pot to piss in, never mind another pot of money.
The silver lining in all of this is you can only hope that Arteta and Edu's failures in this window is what leads to their sacking.

Seems like the Tetasexuals blame Edu. Yes, he is incompetent and partially responsible for this wasted window but those freaks lay all the blame on him.

Malky

Established Member
Seems like the Tetasexuals blame Edu. Yes, he is incompetent and partially responsible for this wasted window but those freaks lay all the blame on him.
The bulk of the mess we're in starts and stops with Arteta's squad planning, it has been a shambles. Now he's left us with just two CF options, the two options who, in around 4 months, both walk away from the club on a free and sign for whoever they want.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

And he's waited until the dying days of the window to discuss spending with the owner? Either way he comes out of it looking like the rookie idiot he is. :clown:

What a mess Arteta and Edu have got themselves into here.
In their defence the club has history of waiting until last few days of the window looking for players. This been going on before Edu and Arteta was here. But they are all incompetent. 6th of December this cvnt banished Auba and knew he was done at the club. The fact that they couldn’t have signed someone 2 weeks ago says everything about them. There is just no excuse. The result against Burnley was a blessing and really gave them a kick on the backside

GunnerShy

I think Edu has done a reasonable job judging the players he has brought in. White for £50m but no established midfielder was not a great priority but it was driven by Arteta not being willing to play Saliba.

Similarly, the issues at CF have been exacerbated by Arteta. If I was looking at moving on one of them, it'd be Arteta for sure.

Very little business is typically done in the January window, to criticise him for this is ridiculous.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think Edu has done a reasonable job judging the players he has brought in. White for £50m but no established midfielder was not a great priority but it was driven by Arteta not being willing to play Saliba.

Similarly, the issues at CF have been exacerbated by Arteta. If I was looking at moving on one of them, it'd be Arteta for sure.

Very little business is typically done in the January window, to criticise him for this is ridiculous.

Nah, both of them are at fault here. Not against trimming the squad, but it's been very much gutted in antecipation of a calmer fixture list.

Both of them signed off on this, for better or worse. If you know the January window is mostly pants, you try and make due much quicker than we have.

Either way, cm should be fine numbers wise once Elneny returns, striker is a bigger worry.

It's a shame, because when we saw the decks being cleared I was sure it was due to an imminent arrival to help us push on for top 4. We just need a little nudge in quality to get there and so far have fell short in adressing it.

Less than a week to go.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Why Arteta and not Edu? I bet Edu laid out the options and Arteta was like **** that, I am going to ask for more.
A lot of people are angry with Edu and they have every right to be but I cannot excuse Arteta. Some of Mikel’s choices regarding the treatment of some players has hurt us. Our midfield was barren for close to a month. Meanwhile Guendouzi is increasing his value and clout at Marseille. White has been alright but I haven’t seen anything from him that surpasses Saliba. Arteta freezing out Auba meant we are now desperate for a striker in January and everyone is rejecting us. The Nketiah debacle too. Being a good manager means being able to manage people. I understand he wants to be a disciplinarian but order should not come at the expense of the club. Imagine we could go back in time and do this:
1) Use Saliba and keep the 50 million for a CF or CM.
2) Keep Guendouzi and sell Xhaka.
3) Stuck with Auba instead of throwing him out midway through the season.
4) Sold Nketiah like we were meant to.
We would be in a far healthier position imo.

yorch44

A lot of people are angry with Edu and they have every right to be but I cannot excuse Arteta. Some of Mikel’s choices regarding the treatment of some players has hurt us. Our midfield was barren for close to a month. Meanwhile Guendouzi is increasing his value and clout at Marseille. White has been alright but I haven’t seen anything from him that surpasses Saliba. Arteta freezing out Auba meant we are now desperate for a striker in January and everyone is rejecting us. The Nketiah debacle too. Being a good manager means being able to manage people. I understand he wants to be a disciplinarian but order should not come at the expense of the club. Imagine we could go back in time and do this:
1) Use Saliba and keep the 50 million for a CF or CM.
2) Keep Guendouzi and sell Xhaka.
3) Stuck with Auba instead of throwing him out midway through the season.
4) Sold Nketiah like we were meant to.
We would be in a far healthier position imo.
Bin Arteta and go for Potter or Ten Hag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom