• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 514,818
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

The problem with Kante playing 6 in our system is that we need our 6 to be a good distributer as he plays the single pivot. Various Chelsea managers haven't trusted him in that role, not sure why that would change for us. That's before his injuries.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I agree if it was based on that then a heap of players would be mentioned but it’s obviously not. Serie A watchers would know what I’m on about, the lad has 6 G/A (Serie A) in 8 games for Napoli, he’s also producing in the CL + 4 goals in 6 starts for his country in the WC Qualifiers.

If he keeps up this rate then it won’t be too long before he’s at an elite club like Real Madrid. He’s been fantastic in Italy thus far.
Way too early to call it but his form at Napoli so far has been absolutely ridiculous. Basically every touch of the ball results in a big chance, a pen, yellow for the opposition, assist or goal. Playing at a much higher level than Martinelli ever has, don't think it's debatable at this point.

I'm fond of Martinelli but he's lost his way a bit, under Emery he was an end product machine now he's mostly a head down pressing merchant. Can still see him turn it around and combine both but he needs guidance to do it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Way too early to call it but his form at Napoli so far has been absolutely ridiculous. Basically every touch of the ball results in a big chance, a pen, yellow for the opposition, assist or goal. Playing at a much higher level than Martinelli ever has, don't think it's debatable at this point.

I'm fond of Martinelli but he's lost his way a bit, under Emery he was an end product machine now he's mostly a head down pressing merchant. Can still see him turn it around and combine both but he needs guidance to do it.

When a top talent signs for Napoli I no longer see it realistic that they will join us. Napoli are like the Italian Tottenham, they promise to challenge, sign you down on a long deal and then your career slowly deteriorates at the club, next minute you're 30 years old, with no trophies and wondering why you didnt take the red pill.

Kvaratshkrelia signed that 5yr prison sentence 🤦‍♂️

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
A couple of golazos by Gakpo last night. He's off to a ridiculous start (yes, Eredivisie). I wonder if our interest was real / we're interested and if we prefer Mudryk.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Was this sustained after a challenge or unchallenged ?

If it was a challenge, that's just bad luck. Still a talent but another surgery so young is a blow for him (and us if we really wanted him).
He got injured trying to tackle someone else 😭

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A couple of golazos by Gakpo last night. He's off to a ridiculous start (yes, Eredivisie). I wonder if our interest was real / we're interested and if we prefer Mudryk.

We’re at the stage now where we need to be going for proven top class players imo, but I’d say out wide is probably one area where we could maybe comprise this as we are really short on numbers and won’t get a top player in January.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

He does have end product though? He’s got 3 goals and 2 assists so far this season… a run rate that sees him end the season with 12 goals and 8 assists. It’s not prolific but it’s not bad either, when you consider how much effort he spends in pressing and how instrumental pressing has been to where we are in the table…

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He does have end product though? He’s got 3 goals and 2 assists so far this season… a run rate that sees him end the season with 12 goals and 8 assists. It’s not prolific but it’s not bad either, when you consider how much effort he spends in pressing and how instrumental pressing has been to where we are in the table…
This season looks better, last season with 5 goals and assists each looked a good notch below what he was playing like under Emery.

To be fair the entire team was mostly **** going forward last season so let's hope his nascent form is a return back to his early promise

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

From the little I’ve seen of him, he’s impressed me more than Leão if I’m honest. Of course both are different types of players but Kvara has the types of qualities I’d want from a player in his position. If he keeps this up then that’s the sort of profile that’ll take us to the next level imo.

If the club can guide Martinelli to the level below then it’ll be a massive success:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
From the little I’ve seen of him, he’s impressed me more than Leão if I’m honest. Of course both are different types of players but Kvara has the types of qualities I’d want from a player in his position. If he keeps this up then that’s the sort of profile that’ll take us to the next level imo.

If the club can guide Martinelli to the level below then it’ll be a massive success:

Chiesa is 100% world class, if Martinelli can get anywhere close to that we're laughing.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
My ranking is:

Leao
Zaha
Chiesa
Georgian shagger
Gakpo
Chiesa ahead of Zaha and you're good. Chiesa dragged Juventus to 4th under Pirlo against their will, won the Coppa basically by himself and was instrumental to Italy's Euros win.

Early days for Kvaratskhelia but he looks to be on the level. Gakpo is good but don't rate him that highly.

Leao on a completely different altitude to everyone, looks ridiculous how he's basically operating at will. Dribble through five defenders, let his marker close in only to put ten yards between them again etc, Henry-levels of styling on mfs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chiesa ahead of Zaha and you're good. Chiesa dragged Juventus to 4th under Pirlo against their will, won the Coppa basically by himself and was instrumental to Italy's Euros win.

Early days for Kvaratskhelia but he looks to be on the level. Gakpo is good but don't rate him that highly.

Leao on a completely different altitude to everyone, looks ridiculous how he's basically operating at will. Dribble through five defenders, let his marker close in only to put ten yards between them again etc, Henry-levels of styling on mfs.

Don’t know about Chiesa with his injury history and how Italians traditionally adapt to England.

Only thing marking him down. Zaha is more of a known quantity even if he’s older and his ceiling isn’t as good.

He’s a safer transfer with a higher floor imo.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Don’t know about Chiesa with his injury history and how Italians traditionally adapt to England.

Only thing marking him down. Zaha is more of a known quantity even if he’s older and his ceiling isn’t as good.

He’s a safer transfer with a higher floor imo.
Wasn't talking about them coming here just rating them as players. Definitely doubts over Chiesa because of his injury, don't think he's available either way.

Zaha pushing 30, higher floor yes but he'll slow down soon I reckon.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

This guy is literally a doppelgänger of @OnlyOne
Why all the inverted commas in this 'article' ?

Have a crush on ? What are they smoking at @afcstuff.

Know nothing about the player but based on the level of journalism displayed here & the fact he looks like he enjoys a pastry or 2, it's a 'non' from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom