• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,112
Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We signed Joel Campbell in 2011. Torreira was a done deal before the WC as well.
That's right. Campbell didn't have a work permit for us for a while then went on to beast the WC later on.

Reactions: A_G

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
We actually bought Campbell off of his Copa America campaign. I remember watching that and being ecstatic when I found out we were later linked with the lad.
Shame how his career turned out, I do think that we played a big part in ruining him though.
We actually bought him before that...

DuBB

If true, this makes me very happy for a couple of reasons:

1. We rarely make proactive and pre-emptive signings. Seeing us possibly wrap up a summer deal in winter is something other team's do and we should do more. I've always wondered how teams like Bayern or Chelsea say "we're signing XYZ next summer" and we never do. Now we may have. Good!

2. Going and getting a good rotation/backup on a free who isn't an emergency signing, again, sounds like something we'd all love but Arsenal never do. Excellent. Wish List style squad building.

3. We're beginning to look like the Champions League team we'll hopefully be next season. A CB group that contains Saliba, Gabriel, Ndicka, White (if needed) and Tomiyasu (again, if needed) means whether its Premier League, FA Cup, CL or Carabao, we can field a CB pairing that isn't really "lesser" than any other variation. Starting with any of those 5 I'd be happy to face absolutely anyone, any time.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He hasn't been at his best this season has to be said, maybe the uncertainty about his future is taking its toll on him but he's been shaky and not as assertive with the ball at his feet. Think it'd be a waste to get him, in last season's form he'd be strong competition for Gabriel but he's way too good (and young) to be backup.

He's played LB maybe a handful of times over the years, would be a completely different type to both Zinchenko and Tierney and definitely wasted there as well. Don't think there's anything in this.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He hasn't been at his best this season has to be said, maybe the uncertainty about his future is taking its toll on him but he's been shaky and not as assertive with the ball at his feet. Think it'd be a waste to get him, in last season's form he'd be strong competition for Gabriel but he's way too good (and young) to be backup.

He's played LB maybe a handful of times over the years, would be a completely different type to both Zinchenko and Tierney and definitely wasted there as well. Don't think there's anything in this.
Must be terrible if he plays for you lot.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Find someone sh!ter seems to be your point. How stupid of the club to identify someone that can push Gabriel and eventually displace him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Find someone sh!ter seems to be your point. How stupid of the club to identify someone that can push Gabriel and eventually displace him.
Gabriel is 25, doing very well and still improving. Why would you want to get a 23 year old to push or displace him when there are many other positions which need a lot more immediate attention.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Gabriel is 25, doing very well and still improving. Why would you want to get a 23 year old to push or displace him when there are many other positions which need a lot more immediate attention.

Competition is healthy. Why not try to recruit the best players you can find and have two competing for each position? Ndicka is 23, left footed, athletic, good on the ball, suits the system and available on a free. It’s clever squad building. What would be the point in making a Rob Holding level CB signing for example?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Gabriel's our most error prone CB, so he definitely needs competition or displacing. Makes sense to pick up a top talent on a free to do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom