• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 514,989
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halend

I wanted Mudryk Badly but i have let it go now, just have to hope the next time that type of profile is available we don't dither.

Caicedo i am not in favour of getting him at all costs though, good midfielders are easier to find than attackers with Mudryks attributes so would rather break the bank for that.

TinFish

I wanted Mudryk Badly but i have let it go now, just have to hope the next time that type of profile is available we don't dither.

Caicedo i am not in favour of getting him at all costs though, good midfielders are easier to find than attackers with Mudryks attributes so would rather break the bank for that.
we need someone asap, lokonga can't hack it

Sparrahork

Has anyone else noticed how our January transfers have an air of destiny by requirement about them? Let me explain...

1) we weren't willing to pay a huge amount for Felix, Chelsea identified auba having a mare and went for him to shore up that spot, also meaning no necessity for mudryk.

2) pulisic and sterling both get long term injuries in the same match. Then Felix gets 3 match ban, Chelsea back in for mudryk where unlikely to have been otherwise.

3) trossard suddenly becomes available, but only after mudryk signed and thus Chelsea cannot contemplate him (despite links to potter).

4) just as fresneda looking a likely bid el neny gets long term injury, maybe we can still get by without a cm signing but start to look there instead.

5) despite all the above we start with partey last night, sure enough cm now seems way more pressing.

As an aside, and possibly number 6, I see sander Berge is now being linked with top 6 teams, just not arsenal as yet. It may be just me but that would be my sort of signing, premier league experience, still fairly young but not inexperienced, also unlikely to break the bank allowing another signature in the summer when some players become available.

Sparrahork

Has anyone else noticed how our January transfers have an air of destiny by requirement about them? Let me explain...

1) we weren't willing to pay a huge amount for Felix, Chelsea identified auba having a mare and went for him to shore up that spot, also meaning no necessity for mudryk.

2) pulisic and sterling both get long term injuries in the same match. Then Felix gets 3 match ban, Chelsea back in for mudryk where unlikely to have been otherwise.

3) trossard suddenly becomes available, but only after mudryk signed and thus Chelsea cannot contemplate him (despite links to potter).

4) just as fresneda looking a likely bid el neny gets long term injury, maybe we can still get by without a cm signing but start to look there instead.

5) despite all the above we start with partey last night, sure enough cm now seems way more pressing.

As an aside, and possibly number 6, I see sander Berge is now being linked with top 6 teams, just not arsenal as yet. It may be just me but that would be my sort of signing, premier league experience, still fairly young but not inexperienced, also unlikely to break the bank allowing another signature in the summer when some players become available.
I of course forgot to mention Danilo, a long time target who moves to forest just before el neny gets injured. We may have moved for him had our urgency been known. Also did the timing of kiwi and fresneda interest mean Danilo was no longer an option when forest struck? He looks a handy player so far anyway, just we seem destined for another instead.

Sparrahork

Yeah, saw a Sheffield Utd game vs QPR weeks ago, he was really poor. Remember, we're top ot the league, what the **** are we going to do with Berge? These suggestions man.
Thinking back up only, be it a loan until end of season or transfer fee. It all depends on whether Brighton relent / onana available / zubi happy to join us mid season. I would be incredibly surprised if zubi would rule out a move himself if his desire to play in premiership. That shot may not be available come the summer.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I have literally not seen Caicedo play, how good is he and is he similar in style to Partey or completely different?

StefanB

Yeah, saw a Sheffield Utd game vs QPR weeks ago, he was really poor. Remember, we're top ot the league, what the **** are we going to do with Berge? These suggestions man.
Berge has regressed so much. He was so good at the start of his Sheffield United career, but didn't get his move to progress further and is just stuck in a rot.

Needs a fresh start to see if he can discover some sort of spark/motivation, but it sure as hell is not going to be Arsenal.

Makavelii

I have literally not seen Caicedo play, how good is he and is he similar in style to Partey or completely different?
Very similar in my view.
More aggressive and wins the ball more. Not quite as good progressive passing.
But overall very similar. And he has a lot of upside to improve at only 21.

He's the perfect signing IMO. I say we offer 80m.

See his stats compared to Parteys here:

Rattata

We need to move on from Caicedo. Brighton don't want to sell and we need a midfielder quickly especially if Partey is indeed out for the next games.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The way Barca and Madrid fans talk about Zubimendi is crazy. Some saying he has potential to be a generational talent. Barca fans saying he's one of the very few top players in Europe who can play the single pivot. I hope we can convince him to join us.

Spanish media saying Barca have given up on the idea because we've entered the race Barcelona have lost hope of signing Real Sociedad midfielder Zubimendi
Idk much about the player but it's so funny to see how clubs can bully Barca and Real on the market after so many years of their dominance

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
The way Barca and Madrid fans talk about Zubimendi is crazy. Some saying he has potential to be a generational talent. Barca fans saying he's one of the very few top players in Europe who can play the single pivot. I hope we can convince him to join us.

Spanish media saying Barca have given up on the idea because we've entered the race Barcelona have lost hope of signing Real Sociedad midfielder Zubimendi

Begs the question then why he’s only got 1 Spanish cap then when he’s almost 24?

baccy_man

Established Member
As Party is now injured we are getting to a position where we are desperate for cover, I'm not in favour of paying over the odds but as we have a chance of getting the title it!s a case of having to pay up.

Gunners1616

We should just pay the Release clause for Zubimendi and triple his wages.. He is on 30K/week over there.

I highly doubt he says no to 90K/week for the love of Real Sociedad...

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arsenal could have loaned McKennie or some similar loan move or cheap buy.

They decided to go for top long-term target Caicedo, like Mudryk was instead of Trossard. There are not that many 21 or under year old top 6 EPL level midfielders like Caicedo. In Spain and Bellingham of course at least.

Personally I think Caicedo is absolutely worth it in January. He can play #6 and #8, instant EPL proven effect and long-term one of the very promising players. Brighton fans are really gutted as they thought they lose him in the summer.

I’ve got the hots for Camavinga innit. After losing out on Mudryk I want some top shelf hot sauce. I would much rather loan McKennie and then try get Camavinga in the summer than spunk 80m on Caicedo. But idk how realistic that is. Its a tough choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom