• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,033
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I'm not saying we can't win the league or don't have money. Not sure how you have taken that from what I wrote ? Just saying that the idea that all the other teams are there for the taking & on the verge of somehow becoming weaker is nonsense.

Also, there are other teams with deeper pockets than ours.
Having more money doesn’t mean you win every title. Yes other teams are in disarray or at start of rebuild. The timing will not be like this again where United, LFC and chelsea are down. How often have those three teams been cr.p in same season? City by the way to me looks complacent and their players will get run to the ground in this WC compared to ours

Farzad Stoned

Kudus looks really interesting to me. One of them players who look like he could play in most positions.
Yes i like Anguissa but Kunus is cheaper and similar. Our midfield lacks balance and pace as currently constructed. We hear Danilo for around 30 million that would be a great buy at that figure

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I was suspicious when we bought Jesus cos it was obvious he’s not prolific, but I’m happy he’s here cos he’s a great all-round player and he’s lifted the technical and athletic quality of the team.

Nketiah however I’ve been pretty consistent over the years in not rating. He’s not a target man, and doesn’t have the technical level or finishing ability of a top forward. I just don’t see what use he has in the long term.

People don’t like it but strikers like Welbeck and Bendtner, much maligned, when they were Nketiah’s age they were much better and making way more of an impact at Arsenal and Utd. I’d take a young Bendtner over a young Nketiah cos at least he was an aerial threat.

So yh CF needs something else, the current options won’t be sufficient.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was suspicious when we bought Jesus cos it was obvious he’s not prolific, but I’m happy he’s here cos he’s a great all-round player and he’s lifted the technical and athletic quality of the team.

Nketiah however I’ve been pretty consistent over the years in not rating. He’s not a target man, and doesn’t have the technical level or finishing ability of a top forward. I just don’t see what use he has in the long term.

People don’t like it but strikers like Welbeck and Bendtner, much maligned, when they were Nketiah’s age they were much better and making way more of an impact at Arsenal and Utd. I’d take a young Bendtner over a young Nketiah cos at least he was an aerial threat.

They just give him a £100k a week deal. Nothing is happening up top for the next year or so. Jesus and Nketiah are here to stay.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His agent deserves the balon d’or for securing that 100k contract.
Same agent as Saka and Balogun. They have the same tactic every time, let their deals run down and sign on in the last year or so for more money than they’re probably worth.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You’re presuming they won’t improve or that they’ll all drop off though? United have already been a lot better than last season and will have even more money to spend going forward. Liverpool and Chelsea will spend massive amounts going forward as well, not to mention City and Newcastle.

Nobody is arguing we don’t deserve to be where we are. It’s just unlikely that we’ll be in this position next season. This could be our last chance for a while, next season we won’t be 16pts clear of Chelsea, 15pts clear of Liverpool, 11pts clear of United after 14 games for starters.

Spending money is only part of the equation. Chelsea spent the most in the summer and look at the complete disjointed side they currently are. Chelsea have been poor in the league for a long time now and now they're risking losing Kante and they haven't looked the same team without him. Not only that but Jorginho's contract is up and he's 30, Silva is 38, Auba 33. That is not an easy rebuild whatsoever

With Liverpool VVD isn't looking the same player, Salah doesn't work as well with Nunez and Salah is getting older, their midfield is in crisis with Henderson, Milner, Thiago, Fabinho are all getting on in years and past their best.

Our young squad has put is in a really strong position going forward. Meanwhile United just signed 2 30yos and they're centre backs aren't anywhere near ours

As for Sp**s, they can't play football and have relied on 2 generational talents that will either move next season or the season after. Son is also looking past his best and Sp**s fans have talked about flogging him because of this.

Realistically you also have to ask if our form is sustainable this season anyway. If we lose Saka and Partey for extended periods we could drop off a cliff no matter who we sign. Saka playing for England is annoying, because he's getting overplayed. In that context next season may see us do better than this season.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Same agent as Saka and Balogun. They have the same tactic every time, let their deals run down and sign on in the last year or so for more money than they’re probably worth.

Good for the players, but we’re now stuck with a player, no one is gonna bid for Nketiah on his current wages. The summer seemed like an obvious point for him to leave and try to kickstart his senior career. Instead he scored a few flukey goals and we gave him 100k a week.

We’re crying out for a focal point, H.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Nketieh had a 20% conversion rate last year on very limited minutes and got a goal every 164 minutes. That is pretty decent for a back up. His numbers are very good in the Europa too. His movement off the ball is very good, he gets in great goalscoring positions. I think people would warm to him if he got more minutes. It must be hard for him to play so little

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Nketieh had a 20% conversion rate last year on very limited minutes and got a goal every 164 minutes. That is pretty decent for a back up. His numbers are very good in the Europa too. His movement off the ball is very good, he gets in great goalscoring positions. I think people would warm to him if he got more minutes. It must be hard for him to play so little

I think the “he needs minutes” argument has run its course. I’ve been hearing that for ages. At some point you just have to take your chance, he got minutes in EL this year and did very little with him.

Farzad Stoned

Spending money is only part of the equation. Chelsea spent the most in the summer and look at the complete disjointed side they currently are. Chelsea have been poor in the league for a long time now and now they're risking losing Kante and they haven't looked the same team without him. Not only that but Jorginho's contract is up and he's 30, Silva is 38, Auba 33. That is not an easy rebuild whatsoever

With Liverpool VVD isn't looking the same player, Salah doesn't work as well with Nunez and Salah is getting older, their midfield is in crisis with Henderson, Milner, Thiago, Fabinho are all getting on in years and past their best.

Our young squad has put is in a really strong position going forward. Meanwhile United just signed 2 30yos and they're centre backs aren't anywhere near ours

As for Sp**s, they can't play football and have relied on 2 generational talents that will either move next season or the season after. Son is also looking past his best and Sp**s fans have talked about flogging him because of this.

Realistically you also have to ask if our form is sustainable this season anyway. If we lose Saka and Partey for extended periods we could drop off a cliff no matter who we sign. Saka playing for England is annoying, because he's getting overplayed. In that context next season may see us do better than this season.
Sorry totally defeatist small club mentality post. Again we are perfectly constructed and the timing hasn’t been this good to strikeout and spend to win than right now. Stan has spent enough to win a major championship in pretty much all the megabillion dollar sports franchises he owns. Even in football Stan has plenty of money to pull his golden wallet out, throw his nuts down on one transfer window and be fine long term. Stan has plenty enough money for that and has been spending like that is his intention for years; but this is the time after hours of folding that you hold a giant drawing hand, open ended straight flush draw in a monster of a pot one on one against the big chip stack. Every single real poker player won’t care if city flopped top set even; the chips are going in the middle and they are going fast

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can you really blame them when he’s dunking on a lot of midfielders in the PL in a short space of time? Certain man were expecting him to fail but he’s outperformed A-M love child Coconut Rice.

FezYuAfWYAAv_kr.jpg:large

No real surprise that Real Madrid are keen on Bruno G.

We've all seen this but it doesn't tell the full story, I don't think Bruno is better than 4 of those players on that list, let alone notable mentions who are off it. Bruno hasn't been better than Xhaka this season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We've all seen this but it doesn't tell the full story, I don't think Bruno is better than 4 of those players on that list, let alone notable mentions who are off it. Bruno hasn't been better than Xhaka this season.

Rodri, Partey, Rice and who…?

👀

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think the “he needs minutes” argument has run its course. I’ve been hearing that for ages. At some point you just have to take your chance, he got minutes in EL this year and did very little with him.

He has 3 goals in 7 starts though. That isn't bad for a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom