• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,904
Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

Rice has always seemed set on a Chelsea return. He’s no doubt a great player but I’m always a little shocked at how he folds under pressure.

Too expensive for us anyway. Don’t think the squad is at a point where you blow the budget on one player, even if it were, is Rice that player?
Not while we have Partey. Rice would want a starting spot which we cant give him ATM. Maybe in 2 years when Partey is done but that'll be too late for Rice.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not while we have Partey. Rice would want a starting spot which we cant give him ATM. Maybe in 2 years when Partey is done but that'll be too late for Rice.

Rice could absolutely challenge and bench TP5 in a shorter period than that I feel. Rice has the ability and experience to play as a six, for starters, but also adapt to our current system. Can see Rice being our starting six by the end of next season, assuming he joins in the summer.

Would say that FDJ would be a more realistic choice, even more so if we can at least challenge for the league this season.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Mate, a Martinelli/Mbappe swap is not a realistic deal. Mbappe is levels above our boy.
I understand that without a doubt mate, however, I feel that Martinelli has a great future ahead of him. Last thing I want to see us do is sell one of the top teams in the world one of our most talented young players for just a tad bit of money. Saka & Martinelli have to stay here long term. Themselves, Arteta, Edu & a few of our other players can bring us back up to the elite again.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I understand that without a doubt mate, however, I feel that Martinelli has a great future ahead of him. Last thing I want to see us do is sell one of the top teams in the world one of our most talented young players for just a tad bit of money. Saka & Martinelli have to stay here long term. Themselves, Arteta, Edu & a few of our other players can bring us back up to the elite again.

I think we are good for the time being with Martinelli, Saka, Nketiah, Ødegaard, Smith Rowe (namely the next season or two). They may want to leave at some stage but I think their stock levels arent high enough just yet. Challenging and possibly winning the league in the next two seasons will change that however.

This can play out in two ways IMO. One, they stay with us for their best years this decade, or we sell them for big money as they reach the peak of their careers. Its a kinda win win for all.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think we are good for the time being with Martinelli, Saka, Nketiah, Ødegaard, Smith Rowe (namely the next season or two). They may want to leave at some stage but I think their stock levels arent high enough just yet. Challenging and possibly winning the league in the next two seasons will change that however.

This can play out in two ways IMO. One, they stay with us for their best years this decade, or we sell them for big money as they reach the peak of their careers. Its a kinda win win for all.
I think they'll stay for the long term this decade, both seem very happy here. Only time I'd think about selling them is when they are in their 30's & we've got the next lot of young forwards coming through.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rice has always seemed set on a Chelsea return. He’s no doubt a great player but I’m always a little shocked at how he folds under pressure.

Too expensive for us anyway. Don’t think the squad is at a point where you blow the budget on one player, even if it were, is Rice that player?
Rice and Mount are really really close. Like super close. As close as two blokes can be

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rice could absolutely challenge and bench TP5 in a shorter period than that I feel. Rice has the ability and experience to play as a six, for starters, but also adapt to our current system. Can see Rice being our starting six by the end of next season, assuming he joins in the summer.

Would say that FDJ would be a more realistic choice, even more so if we can at least challenge for the league this season.

Don’t think Arsenal are a club to have a 200k DM sat on the bench. To be honest I don’t think there is any club that could justify that.

It’s TP5 or Rice imo, and I think it will be very hard to move TP5 on.

I think we’ll probably bring in a guy like Danilo who hopefully can provide more adequate competition to TP5 than Lokonga has.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All the wingers we been linked with not worth the the money will be spent on them. the only one i like is Kudus this guy look Arteta player press high run all day can dribble very well and score goals from wings. the problem he at Ajax and Ajax sold enough players so likely we should wait until summer.

Lindstrom Mudryk and Gakpo so far i don't see them players that suit our style and might struggle at first Lindstrom maybe can settle in time he look very good winger.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All the wingers we been linked with not worth the the money will be spent on them. the only one i like is Kudus this guy look Arteta player press high run all day can dribble very well and score goals from wings. the problem he at Ajax and Ajax sold enough players so likely we should wait until summer.

Lindstrom Mudryk and Gakpo so far i don't see them players that suit our style and might struggle at first Lindstrom maybe can settle in time he look very good winger.
Our style is simple. Most good players can play it. We are not Barca who has unique tikka taka style

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, it’s not Wengerball anymore, it’s pretty basic stuff now.
Annoying when these assessments come in of "Arteta's idea of football". Like passing out the back, high pressing, top talents in every position are revolutionary ideas

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Annoying when these assessments come in of "Arteta's idea of football". Like passing out the back, high pressing, top talents in every position are revolutionary ideas
The idea of “being good” isn’t novel in any context. The implementation of said idea is another thing entirely…

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our style is simple. Most good players can play it. We are not Barca who has unique tikka taka style

When we have the ball our left back is a central midfielder and our central midfielder pushes up to be an extra number 10, I wouldn’t say out style is simple, in fact opposition managers this season have commented on the complexity of some of the movements.

Zinchenko is an example of quite a unique player that Arteta has bought to fit the “style”.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The idea of “being good” isn’t novel in any context. The implementation of said idea is another thing entirely…
I didn't say the idea was just being good, I said the means to get there are by and large the same as at other big clubs. No top club allows for a clogger on the ball in the backline and they haven't for years now, very few CL clubs keep a goalie around who can't pass it etc

We're playing good football because we have a great set of players which were well picked, but we're hardly Barcelona of 2009 in terms of novelty.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

When we have the ball our left back is a central midfielder and our central midfielder pushes up to be an extra number 10, I wouldn’t say out style is simple, in fact opposition managers this season have commented on the complexity of some of the movements.

Zinchenko is an example of quite a unique player that Arteta has bought to fit the “style”.

Wouldn’t bother replying to Rasmi. They said footballers only pass the ball in the air to show off.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure how much football you watch outside of Arsenal but what you're describing is one of the most basic things formation wise these days. Not even just top clubs even midtable ones shift their formation in possession, often asymmetrically to suit their strengths and players.

Zinchenko isn't all that unique, full back is about the least attractive position for most young players so top talents that eventually end up there usually used to play either on the wing or at centre back. Granted a CM turned into a FB is not quite as common but still, not sure if he was bought to fit some grand masterplan anyway we were looking at Martinez the midget CB for ages.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure how much football you watch outside of Arsenal but what you're describing is one of the most basic things formation wise these days. Not even just top clubs even midtable ones shift their formation in possession, often asymmetrically to suit their strengths and players.

Zinchenko isn't all that unique, full back is about the least attractive position for most young players so top talents that eventually end up there usually used to play either on the wing or at centre back. Granted a CM turned into a FB is not quite as common but still, not sure if he was bought to fit some grand masterplan anyway we were looking at Martinez the midget CB for ages.

By the sounds of it you must watch more than me! I know a lot of teams now line up with 4 at the back but build with 3, although how many teams do it in such a defined way as Arsenal?

Chelsea tried it with RLC coming in from right back but it looked a mess. Liverpool have started inverting Trent more but that’s more to get him into half space crossing positions in the final third as opposed to actually building the play like Zinchenko does.

I’ve only really seen City do it to the extent we do it in build up (I don’t watch Barca or Bayern). Saliba will be on the ball and Zinchenko will be moving into CM to pick it up off him, it really isn’t that common from what I’ve seen.

Which at that point you have to ask yourself what player around can do that role better than Zinchenko? Not many for me. So in my opinion it yes it was a specific style of player Arteta wanted (Martinez would have done this role as well).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Really don’t understand why Declan Rice gets so much hate. At 23, he’s already a pivotal piece in the English team playing arguably the hardest role in the pitch as a lone defensive midfielder. He’s been consistent throughout the years, and continues to get better. Top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom