• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,365
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
By the sounds of it you must watch more than me! I know a lot of teams now line up with 4 at the back but build with 3, although how many teams do it in such a defined way as Arsenal?

Chelsea tried it with RLC coming in from right back but it looked a mess. Liverpool have started inverting Trent more but that’s more to get him into half space crossing positions in the final third as opposed to actually building the play like Zinchenko does.

I’ve only really seen City do it to the extent we do it in build up (I don’t watch Barca or Bayern). Saliba will be on the ball and Zinchenko will be moving into CM to pick it up off him, it really isn’t that common from what I’ve seen.

Which at that point you have to ask yourself what player around can do that role better than Zinchenko? Not many for me. So in my opinion it yes it was a specific style of player Arteta wanted (Martinez would have done this role as well).
I'm not saying many clubs do it the exact way Arsenal do, every team does it in their own way. Zinchenko is obviously a different player type to White/Tomiyasu and very comfortable on the ball so we build down his side more often.

When Bayern play Davies they use his pace and propensity to move into the attacking third to build lopsidedly from that side with Kimmich dropping deeper there, when Lucas is at LB and Mazraoui plays on the other side they do it on the opposite side with Goretzka closing that space.

I think what TAA does for Liverpool is exactly the same as Zinchenko doing here. You're making it sound like he's some crossing merchant or that "actually building play" can't be a long ball like Zinchenko has never done it. TAA is hopelessly atrocious defensively, the only reason they've been getting away with it is because of his qualities on the ball.

Every coach looks at the players they have and tries to emphasise the strengths of his players while masking their weaknesses there's nothing special about it. Martinez would've played a vastly different role imo, he's good on the ball but a CB by nature not a CM.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not saying many clubs do it the exact way Arsenal do, every team does it in their own way. Zinchenko is obviously a different player type to White/Tomiyasu and very comfortable on the ball so we build down his side more often.

When Bayern play Davies they use his pace and propensity to move into the attacking third to build lopsidedly from that side with Kimmich dropping deeper there, when Lucas is at LB and Mazraoui plays on the other side they do it on the opposite side with Goretzka closing that space.

I think what TAA does for Liverpool is exactly the same as Zinchenko doing here. You're making it sound like he's some crossing merchant or that "actually building play" can't be a long ball like Zinchenko has never done it. TAA is hopelessly atrocious defensively, the only reason they've been getting away with it is because of his qualities on the ball.

Every coach looks at the players they have and tries to emphasise the strengths of his players while masking their weaknesses there's nothing special about it. Martinez would've played a vastly different role imo, he's good on the ball but a CB by nature not a CM.

Disagree on Trent, when Liverpool build up I don’t see him going into midfield picking the ball up off the CBs, he stays wide. He moves central in the oppositions half (Salah goes wide which Liveroool fans aren’t happy about) so he can receive the ball in that inside channel (where KDB does for city) to play those crosses/passes.

And what’s wrong with being a “crossing merchant”, not that I think he is one? Being able to deliver quality crosses has brought Trent/Liverpool and many others loads of success.

Can’t comment on Bayern as I don’t watch them.

I think Martinez would have played a similar role to Zinchenko l, but let’s agree to disagree.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This forum is obviously anti English, you know that.
Sure is, nothing to do with it in this instance though. He chats too much and too big for someone his age and achievements.

Also I thought he was really Irish at some point, what happened to that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sure is, nothing to do with it in this instance though. He chats too much and too big for someone his age and achievements.

Also I thought he was really Irish at some point, what happened to that.
Yeah played for Ireland 3 times in friendlies, says he switched over after watching England reach the WC semi final.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

TAA is basically the entire reason for buying Konate, right? RB who can’t defend, therefore RCB with strength and recovery pace to compensate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Linked with our ex Bennacer today from reliable Milan journalist he having problems extending his contract with Milan. Chelsea are interested too

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Linked with our ex Bennacer today from reliable Milan journalist he having problems extending his contract with Milan. Chelsea are interested too

Would Chelsea really spend 40m on Bennacer and then 70-80m on Rice? I guess they would actually, knowing them.

Always a big fan of Bennacer though, would love him back, way more established than Danilo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would Chelsea really spend 40m on Bennacer and then 70-80m on Rice? I guess they would actually, knowing them.

Always a big fan of Bennacer though, would love him back, way more established than Danilo.
Chelsea want every good player they don't have clear strategy. Bennacer would be nice backup for Partey and will provide great competition. Still him and Leao I'm expecting they extend with Milan

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Two previous seasons he has played 1300-1500 league minutes. Looks way too injury-prone.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Ismaël Bennacer has grown tremendously since moving on from Arsenal. A player that has no significant weaknesses. He is an excellent passer, shows detailed concentration, has a good shot, and has the ability to dribble through players. It would be beautiful to see him back.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ismaël Bennacer has grown tremendously since moving on from Arsenal. A player that has no significant weaknesses. He is an excellent passer, shows detailed concentration, has a good shot, and has the ability to dribble through players. It would be beautiful to see him back.

Has someone taken you hostage? Blink twice for ‘yes’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom