• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,510
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Azeez isn’t a write off. Just had a couple of bad loans.
But you have to admit two kids that were seen as two bright talents at 16 3-4 years later their careers are not close. I don’t think Musah would be where he is if he stayed

This is the same for all the big clubs. At 16-17 it’s better to almost always leave if there is better chance for first team football.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hate to say it but it’s time for Bamford.

Home grown, works hard and probably won’t break the bank. What’s not to love?

A-M putting disrespect on Bamford’s name but didn’t he put both our “crème de la crème” CB’s in a tumble dryer, set it to 45 mins and spin both of them?

Was seriously worried for the state of them post match.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This guy has same agent as Xhaka. Playing together for Switzerland. I know it's only a link but it could have legs tbh.

Nottingham Forest also linked. They seem to want to buy everyone.
I watched the Swiss. Don’t think I seen him play. What is he?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A-M putting disrespect on Bamford’s name but didn’t he put both our “crème de la crème” CB’s in a tumble dryer, set it to 45 mins and spin both of them?

Yeah full disclosure I don’t like or even respect him. Is strong with the ways of the “anti-baller”.

In terms of effectiveness and how he’d work with the squad and Jesus when he’s fit again… get him in.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
@jones can provide info on if he's worth.

On the Switzerland - Serbia match he showed some good composure on their first goal and made a good run across their defence to open up space for Freuler to score Swiss' third.
He's improved massively over the last couple years. Definitely not available this January though not with Frankfurt in the CL Ro16. About Forest they offered to triple his wages last summer but he rejected them.

He used to be a better Elneny ie ball retention and stamina to play two games a day but was always stronger defensively. Great first touch and vision the latter which has also become more consistent this year. Since last season he's added a lot to his game going forward, you wouldn't have seen him involved in two goals like he did vs Serbia before. He's a lot faster in body and mind than both Elneny and Xhaka, only weakness he still has off games where he's invisible although they come rarely these days.

He did have a 30m-ish release clause 18 months ago, not sure what happened to it. Little doubt he'd have to and would improve again if he came here, fairly certain he would want to he supports Arsenal, first football jersey was an Henry one, goes London for vacation every year etc wouldn't take much to convince him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not really disrespecting him, but he is 29 and has a contract till 2026, it seems unlikely that we will sign him. I would think he would cost more than we would be willing to put down on a 29 year old. Especially given the age profile on our recent transfers.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Bobby Zamora used to abuse our defenders regularly. Can't go around signing everyone we make look good, especially when the dizziest on the pitch was Bamford himself.

If it weren't for injury and Bielsa being a nutter he'd have been benched by Nketiah in the Championship ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom