• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,780
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Think we will wait until summer to address our needs. If we make cl i think we will target a long term xhaka replacement.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think we'll probably try. We are short on midfield & if we think there is a chance for Danilo in the winter we'll go for it.

TinFish

I think we'll probably try. We are short on midfield & if we think there is a chance for Danilo in the winter we'll go for it.
Already was in the squad for the June 2022 friendlies although he hasn't received a senior cap yet.

Got a feeling he will be in the Brazil world cup squad which will be some achievement. If he makes it, most likely the youngest player in the squad alongside Martinelli.

No idea on his football though. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would monitor Elneny's situation and if he is not back contributing by December time, then we need to go into the market.

Danilo or similar is good for me, would prefer we target the Elneny and Lokonga spots at six in January. We then go for TP5's position in the summer with someone like Neves.

Goonger

Thinking from Edu's point of view this makes most sense. Won't break the bank, highly rated player with potential high upside.
Elneny given a 12 month contract in the summer because this was the plan for January. Gives the player the 2nd half of the season and the summer to settle in.

The big question will be if we decide to replace Partey in the summer, and I suppose that will depend on his availability for the rest of the season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reckon we'll go for that Danilo in Januaury, let him bed in over the rest of the season. Then replace #5 and ElNeny next summer. Rice hopefully number 1 target.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People saying we replace Partey, but do you mean we sell him for cheap?

Because I think he won't fetch a big transfer fee. I also think he would make a cheaper contract extension because he has been so injury-prone.

We need quality depth, not get rid of best players. Partey in rotation for okay money would be something we need to compete. It's not easy to attract such quality that is fine to be a rotation player which I assume Partey could be because he has been a disappointment, and he knows that.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Because I think he won't fetch a big transfer fee. I also think he would make a cheaper contract extension because he has been so injury-prone.

We need quality depth, not get rid of best players. Partey in rotation for okay money would be something we need to compete. It's not easy to attract such quality that is fine to be a rotation player which I assume Partey could be because he has been a disappointment, and he knows that.

He's a good enough player that there will be takers in Europe, maybe Juventus or someone like that, so yeah, sell him. We have to replace him, he's holding us back in a footballing sense, and that's not to mention everything else.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Mudryk is in the CL window. Will cost too much for a rotation option, no? Depends if we get a big injury in attack I think

Malky

Established Member

We should 100% keep him, without question.
Say we do sign a Neves/Rice/Caicedo, even FDJ, as soon as they get an injury, or a suspension, we're back to square one. Lokonga isn't the answer right now, and even though he's highly rated, I doubt Danilo will be ready to carry our midfield in 6 months.
Hopefully we'll have CL football next season, so we'll need as much strength in depth as possible.
There's also the issue that Partey has had zero competition during his time here, once he's fit he's straight back in the side. Even if he has a disaster class he's a certain to play the next game. Keeping Partey around will only increase the competition and will improve performances.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We all know this is Edu's only target:
Original_624_FDL-164-TP.jpg.webp

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I want Danilo deal done as early as possible in January he'll be replacing Elneny in squad anyway

Also winger is a must because ESR can't even stay fit thankfully there is world cup or we'll be in deeper trouble.
It should by done by November. 1st of Jan he should already be training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom