• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,787
Status
Not open for further replies.

6666Louis

The world cup makes this season a season of two halves which equals more time for transfers and adapting players

Quite sure we will buy 2-3 as I assume we’ll play for top four, Europe and a cup

A center mid and a wing

Maybe a cf

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Kante been offered to Arsenal and Sp**s. He want to leave Chelsea.
If true it's a no brainer. He needs to probably take a pay cut but as an alternative to Partey or paired alongside him to see the match out he would be an excellent signing even at this stage. Plus just like Jesus and Zinchenko you would be bringing in a player with a winning pedigree who will not shrink in the big moments in the game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If true it's a no brainer. He needs to probably take a pay cut but as an alternative to Partey or paired alongside him to see the match out he would be an excellent signing even at this stage. Plus just like Jesus and Zinchenko you would be bringing in a player with a winning pedigree who will not shrink in the big moments in the game.
His wages and age don't go with our recent strategy he'll need to take 50% paycut if he want to play here

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
His wages and age don't go with our recent strategy he'll need to take 50% paycut if he want to play here
Yes, he would need to take less money but he's actually of a perfect profile because he's not blocking anyone and he helps us in our short term ambition to return to CL football while weakening a rival for those places. We have the right profile to add a bit of experience in the short term.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Absolutely not. Have we not learned our lesson? He’s 31 and the injuries are catching up with him. We already have three central midfielders 30 or above. No we need someone between 23-27 and with a healthy injury record. Love Kante, but we should have brought him to the Emirates back in 2016.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I get what you mean but he's not a washed up La Liga striker, he's Kante.

When the man gets injured things get so bad for Chelsea they sack their manager. Sign whatever it takes.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You know what, I probably would with Kante. As in take him at Arsenal, not the other stuff you freaks.

I feel we are much better poised to sign Chelsea rejects with our young squad, but he wouldn't come in and be a starter either which his wages will put us off.

You know when we were smashing Sp**s and bringing on kids in a game of that magnitude? I'd rather be bringing on someone like Kante.

But would you rather someone like Doug Luiz who would have a more permanent role with us?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Kante managed 26 league appearances last season. Only two more than Partey. Kante managed 1778 minutes last season, Partey managed 2033 minutes last season. So even a sick note like Partey played close to 300 PL minutes more than Kante. I’m sorry but if we sign Kante we are putting ourselves in a dangerous position. It’s a no for me.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I'm fine if we offer 1.5 year contract to him. He will provide depth to our midfielder, and better than a random kid playing outside UK.

Tom349

For his position (6) Kante makes a lot of sense. Personally believe its the hardest spot to play and rarely do you see young players thrive there. Take Sambi for example, has the tools to play there but needs the nous and experience before we can adequately rely on him when Partey misses.

Only concern would be his injuries. Not much point having Partey miss games only for Kante to not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom