• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,368
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think the “he needs minutes” argument has run its course. I’ve been hearing that for ages. At some point you just have to take your chance, he got minutes in EL this year and did very little with him.
Literally showed his worth last season but people ignore that

D

Deleted member 102404

Exactly not splashing the cash in January means botching what could be a once in a decade opportunity. We haven’t been in this position in Christmas in almost 20 years. Arteta and Edu have to beg Josh to go nuts in January

I really hope the Kroenke's don't listen to the clamour from fans to 'splash the cash'.
We have a young squad of players that need to grow together. How a team plays together, the partnerships on the field, the familiarities on how each player plays, a settled side, etc. All the most important factors, not splashing the cash on a bunch of players who may not even improve the quality.
We're in maintenance mode now. A player here and there to freshen up the squad and replace those that are not cutting it or getting too old. That's all we need. I shudder at some of the names the fans keep coming up with. Vlahovic, Isak, Bissouma, Richarlison, etc. Then we have those players that are way way overpriced like Rice and Bellingham. Just no.

D

Deleted member 102404

I think the “he needs minutes” argument has run its course. I’ve been hearing that for ages. At some point you just have to take your chance, he got minutes in EL this year and did very little with him.

He's scored 2 goals in the EL this year. Also scored a beauty in his only Cup appearance.
PL, the only time he ever had consistent minutes, he scored 5 in 8 games.
He's a back up striker that scores at a rate of better than 1 in 2 games.
i.e. top class scoring rate for a starting striker, never mind a second string.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I really hope the Kroenke's don't listen to the clamour from fans to 'splash the cash'.
We have a young squad of players that need to grow together. How a team plays together, the partnerships on the field, the familiarities on how each player plays, a settled side, etc. All the most important factors, not splashing the cash on a bunch of players who may not even improve the quality.
We're in maintenance mode now. A player here and there to freshen up the squad and replace those that are not cutting it or getting too old. That's all we need. I shudder at some of the names the fans keep coming up with. Vlahovic, Isak, Bissouma, Richarlison, etc. Then we have those players that are way way overpriced like Rice and Bellingham. Just no.
I think we might 'splash the cash', but we will stay true to our transfer strategy the last windows. That means signing players with the right age and the right attitude.

If you consider our signings in recent windows, I'd not be overly worried.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
No, I haven't been watching the world cup.
confused the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Watch the games and join in mate. WC is over soon.

I'm alright thanks mate, the football I have heard has been terrible, empty stadiums etc. Basically just the news channel.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

I think so, in January if we sign Danilo, it's just a replacement of Elneny(contract expired in the summer)/Lokonga (not good at 6). And we will sign Partey's replacement in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom