• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,795
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I think so, in January if we sign Danilo, it's just a replacement of Elneny(contract expired in the summer)/Lokonga (not good at 6). And we will sign Partey's replacement in the summer
Lokonga might go?

Happy Sami Zayn GIF by WWE

Tsl

People don’t like it but strikers like Welbeck and Bendtner, much maligned, when they were Nketiah’s age they were much better and making way more of an impact at Arsenal and Utd. I’d take a young Bendtner over a young Nketiah cos at least he was an aerial threat.
A lot see him as a joke now, but people forget that young Bendtner actually was a really interesting talent. Wenger believed in him and gave him a lot of chances, but in the end he let himself down too many times

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As far as Rice is concerned we have been able to judge him for years. He’s not worth £70m is he?
Nobody knows that until the signing turns out a success/failure.

My post uses Rice as an example but it's not about Rice. I've seen many posters, you being one of the main culprits, writing off players based off isolated tournament games.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A lot see him as a joke now, but people forget that young Bendtner actually was a really interesting talent. Wenger believed in him and gave him a lot of chances, but in the end he let himself down too many times
Both never developed an was at their best at 21-22

D

Deleted member 102404

Nobody knows that until the signing turns out a success/failure.

My post uses Rice as an example but it's not about Rice. I've seen many posters, you being one of the main culprits, writing off players based off isolated tournament games.

Rice has been around for a while in the PL, though.
I don't see a great player there, TBH.

Rather than writing off players, for me it's more about the hype around certain players - and when they consistently perform under the hype, I say so. I don't want us to fall into the trap of shelling out a fortune on a player based on hype and PR. There is far too much coveting of players for huge transfer fees that are either not much better , or not at all better, than we already have, IMO.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Whats this Partey replacement talk? When Elneny/Sambi are gone and Danilo in we need someone to compete with Xhaka not Partey. Unless that someone’s ESR which would be unwise.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think so, in January if we sign Danilo, it's just a replacement of Elneny(contract expired in the summer)/Lokonga (not good at 6). And we will sign Partey's replacement in the summer
Umm.. I don't understand the logic here.

Danilo is clearly a DMF? I don't see CMF in his stats, and that's not where he has played for Palmeiras? Partey is DMF for us? No?

Why would we get a DMF, and sign Partey's replacement (does he need "replacing" in your opinion?) in the summer? We don't need three DMF's for one position for sure?

Xhaka & Partey being ~30 doesn't matter that much at this point. They are likely able to play at least 3 years at top level.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unless TP5 is going I can’t see Rice as a viable option. A 70m, 200kpw isn’t happening when we already have a guy in that position that costs the same, only 1 can play.

Still wouldn’t mind Locatelli from Juve, especially now given their financial issues means we would potentially be able to get him for peanuts. Think he can offer us similar things to what TP5 and Xhaka do, kill 2 birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom