• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,809
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
American midfield who had to play the mighty Wales & Iran and almost got knocked out.
They all play for top clubs other than Leeds for Adams. Adams kicked our ass up in Leeds lucky to get out there 1-0. Who is top of league, well sorry we got bossed by Leeds midfield. If your striker was Josh Sargent you wouldn’t be putting up gaudy assist numbers either. If not for their midfield why else is this crap side advancing? Iran is not a bad side

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Only one worth looking at is Musah and he's been wishlisted here for ages, wouldn't cost a bomb either since Lim seems hellbent on ruining Valencia.

How many times does it happen some previously unknown player announces themselves to the world at the WC and then keeps that form afterwards? WC scouting rarely works
The Gilberto-signing is one of few examples of that type of signing that worked out. Wenger admitted he signed him purely on the 2002 WC and he was a brilliant signing . Only cost 4,5M as well I think

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I’d like Danilo or Kunnus. We need a midfielder of that type of skill set. I’ll be screaming bloody murder if we don’t sign a player to help and push Partey and we collapse again due to thin squad like last year. Id take one of these Yank midfielders to our midfield is unbalanced

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

steam cooking GIF by Chipotle Mexican Grill

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I can’t see it happening for a number of reasons. Looks likely they’ll buy Danilo in January, so would they really spend 90m odd on young CMs in the space of 6 months?

Secondly there’s Partey and Xhaka who aren’t over the hill yet. Thirdly it just doesn’t feel like an Arsenal transfer. When have we ever spent big money on established English talent? White was the closest but he wasn’t as established as Rice.

It’s a Utd or Chelsea type of transfer, Utd have Casemiro, Kante has struggled with injury, so the obvious answer is Chelsea, everything always pointed to that.

I can imagine he’s the type of player Arteta appreciates though, but don’t think it’ll be us he goes to.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Hearing rumours that PSG are after Martinelli, obviously he's come out & said he only wants to re-sign with us which is a positive, doesn't want to sign anywhere else. However, would anyone think about swapping him for Mpappe? My answer is a big no, I'd come out & say clearly to them, you can only have him if we get Mpappe in return, that would probably scare them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hearing rumours that PSG are after Martinelli, obviously he's come out & said he only wants to re-sign with us which is a positive, doesn't want to sign anywhere else. However, would anyone think about swapping him for Mpappe? My answer is a big no, I'd come out & say clearly to them, you can only have him if we get Mpappe in return, that would probably scare them.
Mbappe is not coming here or anywhere else except Real Madrid. Also we can’t afford his wages unless he took massive wage cut

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Mbappe is not coming here or anywhere else except Real Madrid. Also we can’t afford his wages unless he took massive wage cut
We've got no choice then to come out & say a big NO to them, Martinelli may turn down the offer anyway.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rice has always seemed set on a Chelsea return. He’s no doubt a great player but I’m always a little shocked at how he folds under pressure.

Too expensive for us anyway. Don’t think the squad is at a point where you blow the budget on one player, even if it were, is Rice that player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom