• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 512,368
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I agree but there are strikes you can get on loan who are better and more proven than Eddie.
I just can't see us buying a striker after we brought Jesus in this summer and extended Eddie's contract.

Like who?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Is Gakpo a striker, think he prefers the wide spots. You disliked my post but why not bid for Mitrovic or Vlahovic?

Can’t see Fulham letting Mitro leave in January and even if he pushed for the move they’d demand silly money that wouldn’t be worth paying. Don’t think he fits our system neither.

As for Vlahovic, see above. With the added caveat that he’s turned us down before.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
10202242.jpg

...time for, "Last Dance part 2"

Morning_woody

Don't think they fit the pressing aspect of the game Arteta would want.

Depay probably not - but he plays left wing too and Martinelli could do the pressing then. Morata is a hard working player and could probably do the job. We won't find a presser like Jesus anyway. We are effed either way but we are more effed if we rely on Eddie to do well in the next 45+ games across 3 tournaments

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No team will sell Toney or Mitrovic or someone who in good form in January and if they sell it'll be for ridiculous amount we definitely won't do that

WiscoGooner8

I’d still go for a versatile wing type player and have Martinelli play through the middle for a couple months. He can press, dribble like Jesus and we need an extra wing anyways. Unless we go for someone like Gakpo or David who is younger. No panic CR7 or Depay signings.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don't think they fit the pressing aspect of the game Arteta would want.
If Arteta has only one way to play then he really is not much of a manager. If he thinks nketiah as a first choice for several months is the way to go because he presses. I hope he takes responsibility when we fall down the league instead of blaming the player. Either way we are fvcked. First adversary of the season and season is over

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Please stop with the Morata suggestions, he’s had a decent WC but the lad is still as fragile as Timo Werner 😭

It’s 2022, I don’t want to see us going for Morata that’s the equivalent of going for Coutinho back in 2020 imo.

Morning_woody

Please stop with the Morata suggestions, he’s had a decent WC but the lad is still as fragile as Timo Werner 😭

It’s 2022, I don’t want to see us going for Morata that’s the equivalent of going for Coutinho back in 2020 imo.

I can find youtube compilations of Jesus missing bigger chances than Morata. I mean, Jesus hasn't scored for how many games ? Why would you post a video of Morata missing open chances when Jesus does pretty much the same ?
The positives from the youtube video you posted is that all those chance Morata missed - he created by himself with pace and smart positioning.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can find youtube compilations of Jesus missing bigger chances than Morata. I mean, Jesus hasn't scored for how many games ? Why would you post a video of Morata missing open chances when Jesus does pretty much the same ?
The positives from the youtube video you posted is that all those chance Morata missed - he created by himself with pace and smart positioning.

I’ve watched Morata for a while now across different leagues to know what type of player he is. Morata has that Werner gene and isn’t cut for the PL.

If he didn’t score those 3 goals at the WC, I can guarantee that nobody would be rating him 🤣

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If Nketiah had played as many games at the top level as Morata he’d also have a highlights reel of howlers, but he hasn’t, he’s had failed championship loans, cup and sub appearances and a purple patch at the back end of last season. But yh it’s easier to sh*t on Morata.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I’ve watched Morata for a while now across different leagues to know what type of player he is. Morata has that Werner gene and isn’t cut for the PL.

If he didn’t score those 3 goals at the WC, I can guarantee that nobody would be rating him 🤣

I've always rated Morata's all round game in what he brings to a team. That's why he's played for Juve twice, Chelsea and Atletico. But he's too old now in terms of profile and I don't see Atletico letting him go cheap mid season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom