• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 514,964
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
That’s what I meant. Would you buy a big midfielder now and pay over the odds if it gives you the league, but stops you from getting your nr 1 target in the summer
Well yeah cos it would mean we win the league. Fck what happens in the summer. There are always other players.

Nobody remembers or cares when you came 2nd but managed to buy a shiny new midfielder for the next season.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Arteta seems in form, can we register him in casa Partey gets injured and put Lokonga on the bench managing? It probably could work better than him playing another minute for us.

Pulp

Getting a top CM this late in the window will probably require 80-100 mil, depending on the player. I rate Rice, but doubt he would go for 100 mil in January, if at all. Caicedo the same. Without seeing the numbers I speculate that such a purchase is gamble on Arsenal making CL, however likely it is at that point.

Finesse

The underestimating of Rice on this forum is a quite hilarious.

Not entirely sure if this is the case. It is more of we cannot afford Rice. Plain and simple. Pricing him out of Westham this window will cost not less than 100M. Anyone who realistically believe we can do that this window and over the next few days is dreaming. Come the summer , the price me even be different and Chelsea have a serious boner for him too. We know how blaze they can negotiate. Westham would not care but get the best out of it.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I've decided to step in & take matters into my own hands...we're getting David Batty to come out of retirement.

@Riou will be glad to know we've buried the hatchet :lol:

DuBB

Our fanbase, probably because of the early to mid-Wenger years, is the polar opposite of Man Utd's fanbase when it comes to transfers.

We are absolutely enamoured by the unknown and distrustful if not down right disdainful of known quantities.

Whereas United fans absolutely want nothing to do with players they don't know inside out, backwards and forwards.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think midfielders who run around a lot are seen as “uncultured” or not classy enough to play for top teams. I remember the terrible opinions that came out when we were linked with Kante back in 2016. 6 years later he’s won everything and those people who spoke ill of him are now wishing we brought him here. I understand that there’s a certain level of class attached to the Xavis, Busquets, Modric etc; but football is still a sport where athleticism matters.

There’s a place for midfielders like Rice, Caicedo or Onana in this team. Arteta values tenacity and players who win their duels. Remember that infamous line in the Amazon documentary: “I get upset when we lose a duel.” He values the competitive nature of the sport. I’m sure there’s a part of him that feels if he had Partey’s or Xhaka’s body he would have reached another level in his career.

StefanB

I think midfielders who run around a lot are seen as “uncultured” or not classy enough to play for top teams. I remember the terrible opinions that came out when we were linked with Kante back in 2016. 6 years later he’s won everything and those people who spoke ill of him are now wishing we brought him here. I understand that there’s a certain level of class attached to the Xavis, Busquets, Modric etc; but football is still a sport where athleticism matters.

There’s a place for midfielders like Rice, Caicedo or Onana in this team. Arteta values tenacity and players who win their duels. Remember that infamous line in the Amazon documentary: “I get upset when we lose a duel.” He values the competitive nature of the sport. I’m sure there’s a part of him that feels if he had Partey’s or Xhaka’s body he would have reached another level in his career.
There is a reason why players like Vieira and Yaya Toure are so unique, and were able to just dictate the a game by themselves. That power and athletism combined with great technique is something very few players possess. Diaby had it (but very rarely got to show it), and the same with Pogba when he switched on.

Pace and power combined with hard work and technique, it doesn't get better than that. Very rarely do we see it though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

News will break out tomorrow about a midfielder. I’m sure of it. We’re gonna get another Kiwior/Vieira surprise that no one has heard of. Rest well Gooners.
I hope so, I'll take anyone at this stage this late in the window, we need someone big time in CM now as we can't rely on Partey & Xhaka all year now. Even just a rotational player at this stage & go for someone big in the summer.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
The rumours about Caicedo, Onana, I.Bamba and Zubimendi.
I watches some videos on Youtube. Zubimendi reminds me of Torreira maybe i'm wrong. If we activate his release clause he will accept our offer?
I.Bamba, Onana, Caicedo are very strong at defensive. In our squad, we miss someone like one of them.
Caicedo is very expensive
Onana is expensive too but he rejected Chelsea, but its very interested if he want to go with us
I.Bamba is realistic but unproven PL, this guy is very oppposite of Lokonga, we don't need someone more to progress the ball to foward (we have many players can do that), we need someone can protect the line, someone who makes us feel safe.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It’s because he’s English and not Spanish, French or German :lol:
Can you please drop this tired trope? Everyone loves our English contingent to hell, 99% of AM would love to sign Bellingham, even a Manc like Rashford has his own fanclub here.

Bit pathetic victim mentality tbh, reading his Englishness being a point against him way more than anyone actually holding his passport related inflated fee against him. There's a chance people simply don't rate this donkey as highly as you do you know.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can you please drop this tired trope? Everyone loves our English contingent to hell, 99% of AM would love to sign Bellingham, even a Manc like Rashford has his own fanclub here.

Bit pathetic victim mentality tbh, reading his Englishness being a point against him way more than anyone actually holding his passport related inflated fee against him. There's a chance people simply don't rate this donkey as highly as you do you know.
Kane, Rashford, Bellingham, saka and Foden are all rated a level above him as talent. He looks out of place playing with them and sticks out

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I fear our window is done. No strong rumors at all, we're now 2 players short in midfield and with ESR picking up another knock so the Trossard transfer cancels itself out. Neither Xhaka nor Partey can play every game until the end of the season we know this and someone like Bamba doesn't change that, he's nowhere near the level.

My only hope is we're going to activate Zubi's release clause before the window ends, he has a game vs Madrid (which I'll be watching @Trilly) so it makes sense out of respect to let him play that game.

Dark day for us Gunners.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I actually can't believe we didn't sign Danilo for 20m euros. Such a cheap buy with superb potential.

Looks so good against United on his first start already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom