• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 286,219

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I wonder if City would be willing to let Sterling go. He's not in the team anymore and has been making noises of wanting to leave. Think he'd be a great player for us: experienced but still a good age, knows the league inside out ect. I think he'd slot in really well on either the left or that second striker position Lacazette has been playing recently.
He is a player on the down and on huge wages, he will be someone’s mistake and I think it will be Newcastle next season. We really should stay away from players getting on age from big club they have squeezed everything out of. He has been poor for city 2 years

REWB

He is a player on the down and on huge wages, he will be someone’s mistake and I think it will be Newcastle next season. We really should stay away from players getting on age from big club they have squeezed everything out of. He has been poor for city 2 years
you know sterling is only 26 right?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Hear me out, before you shoot me.

I dont think we need to extend Laca to be honest. As much as I love the man, I think his role can be taken by Eddie and we invest in Vlahovic instead.

Auba, Vlahovic, Martinelli, Eddie, Balogun is a young forward line, but with massive potential.

If I had my way, I'd go Isak, Vlahovic, Martinelli, Eddie, Balogun when Auba moves on.

Really like the look of Vlahovic & he would be near the top of my striker list but I think you have a point here. Read a few stat comparisons on him in the summer he definitely has a few gaps in his game. He can run and dribble though, which makes him very dangerous with his height & strength.
I really don’t get it with Vlahovic. He’s waaay to limited on the ball for how we play. We need a ball playing forward like Lacazette, we play so much better with him on the pitch.

I get the thing of the goal scoring but whenever I see him I can’t for my life understand people wanting him. We’d be worse with him than we are today.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I mean with AFCON taking out Partey and Laonga and Xhaka out injured we need a midfielder in Jan. So a loan until the end of the season wouldn't be the worst option in the world if we can't get any other targets
Sambi is Belgian. Still it’d be headless to bring on Ceballos, we’d get run over with the (lack of) physicality of Sambi and Ceballos.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Go all out to get Ruben Neves in January. We have a genuine shot at top 4 then if we're within touching distance.

Deal with the striker situation and Pepe next summer.

Top posting.

Reactions: Xln

baccy_man

Established Member
I mean with AFCON taking out Partey and Laonga and Xhaka out injured we need a midfielder in Jan. So a loan until the end of the season wouldn't be the worst option in the world if we can't get any other targets
I would prefer that we made a permanent signing instead of a loan signing, I thought that when Ceballos was with us before he tended to blow hot and cold some games he was good and a fair few he looked as if he was not bothered about playing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
looks like he has a bad injury at the mo & not played since the summer 🤕

hard to see how he gets up to match fitness before the trio are back... timeline seems a bit tight

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I really don’t get it with Vlahovic. He’s waaay to limited on the ball for how we play. We need a ball playing forward like Lacazette, we play so much better with him on the pitch.

I get the thing of the goal scoring but whenever I see him I can’t for my life understand people wanting him. We’d be worse with him than we are today.

Since when has Lacazette been a “ball playing” forward? I must have missed that.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Don't disagree with the limited on the ball point - at least from the stat stuff I was reading, haven't seen much of him play. I see him as a 50/50 gamble though, he seems to be able to score a range of goals from long ranger screamers to penalty box finishes - with his physical attributes and ability to run through passes he could develop into a really dangerous player. or as you said his limitations might hold him back. I can see the appeal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom