• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 286,524

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltord's left boot

Wouldn't say no tbh, although I'd still prefer Bissouma. I don't really buy this "we need a deep lying playmaker" stuff, Partey's passing has been superb this season imo.
We struggle to keep the ball a bit when under pressure. I think maybe a 'controller' type midfielder would be a good option.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
CM definitely has to be addressed this winter with the AFCON.

To me either we can buy one of our top targets, which will be difficult in that window or I hope we bring someone in on loan ( Not Ceballos) to plug that gap for a few months.

I don't want a situation where we buy a player who's not a major target or overly rated by the club just to fill the gap for a few months. Those are the sort that tend to become deadwood and bloat our squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
CM definitely has to be addressed this winter with the AFCON.

To me either we can buy one of our top targets, which will be difficult in that window or I hope we bring someone in on loan ( Not Ceballos) to plug that gap for a few months.

I don't want a situation where we buy a player who's not a major target or overly rated by the club just to fill the gap for a few months. Those are the sort that tend to become deadwood and bloat our squad.
It will be someone like Cebellos though, you’re not loaning a top player. Even buying, nobody is selling you their starter in January. I don’t know how we got into this situation.

It wad clear as day to see we’ll be missing players for maybe 6-8 weeks with AFCON.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It will be someone like Cebellos though, you’re not loaning a top player. Even buying, nobody is selling you their starter in January. I don’t know how we got into this situation.

It wad clear as day to see we’ll be missing players for maybe 6-8 weeks with AFCON.
I reckon we will go after someone with a year left or 6 months on their contract There’s quite a few bosmen’s on the market that fit our needs. Kamara from Marseille, Grillitsch from Hoffeheim, Kessie from Milan, and the Swiss midfielder from Gladbech but I have forgotten his name.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Rather we just wait until the summer rather than go for a poverty loan option. Sure, if there's someone we really want available then fine. Hopefully Xhaka recovers then we have 3 decent midfielders to get through Jan with

Bloodbather

Established Member

I really don’t get it with Vlahovic. He’s waaay to limited on the ball for how we play. We need a ball playing forward like Lacazette, we play so much better with him on the pitch.

I get the thing of the goal scoring but whenever I see him I can’t for my life understand people wanting him. We’d be worse with him than we are today.
The only reason we appear to need a 'ball playing forward like Lacazette' is because we also have Aubameyang in the team.

The trio of Ødegaard, Saka and Smith Rowe requires a genuine goal scoring number 9 up front. You have to think long-term with how young our fixed assets are. Vlahovic also gives you the target man option that we currently do not have, so it's not just penalty box goalscoring with him.

I'd rather get Isak because he's better on the ball, but Vlahovic is an appealing alternative.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I don't think we'll get a top target this January either.

If push comes to shove I'd prefer to loan a middle of the road CM than buy one outright.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The only reason we appear to need a 'ball playing forward like Lacazette' is because we also have Aubameyang in the team.

The trio of Ødegaard, Saka and Smith Rowe requires a genuine goal scoring number 9 up front. You have to think long-term with how young our fixed assets are. Vlahovic also gives you the target man option that we currently do not have, so it's not just penalty box goalscoring with him.

I'd rather get Isak because he's better on the ball, but Vlahovic is an appealing alternative.
I don’t mean we need a ball playing forward because of Auba being in the team. I mean we need one instead of Auba.

Vlahovic is a big guy, but is he really a decent target man? I can’t honestly tell as I’ve seen very little of him, but again what I’ve seen the ball just seems to bounce off him. I'm not even impressed by his highlights vids bar the goalscoring and having an unimpressive highlight comp is more of an achievement than not.

With Isak I'm very torn. From time to time he looks a world beater, but he also seems to stumble on the ball more than anything. I'm Swedish so watch a lot of him and should maybe be biased in favour of him if anything, but I'm not. Think he'd flop in PL if he came next season, but that's just my two cents. Long term he should still come good though.

Agree that SØS needs a proper goalscorer, but where they are now in their development they also seem to need a player to play off of. Or maybe it's our tactics that require it, I dunno. Anyways, Auba is a genuine goal scoring 9 and we still rely on flashes of intensity from the team to win games. I'm arguing we need both, which might be unrealistic tbf.

I hope we get Vlahovic and that I'm dead wrong about him though, that'd be nice :)

Barry

I don’t mean we need a ball playing forward because of Auba being in the team. I mean we need one instead of Auba.

Vlahovic is a big guy, but is he really a decent target man? I can’t honestly tell as I’ve seen very little of him, but again what I’ve seen the ball just seems to bounce off him. I'm not even impressed by his highlights vids bar the goalscoring and having an unimpressive highlight comp is more of an achievement than not.

With Isak I'm very torn. From time to time he looks a world beater, but he also seems to stumble on the ball more than anything. I'm Swedish so watch a lot of him and should maybe be biased in favour of him if anything, but I'm not. Think he'd flop in PL if he came next season, but that's just my two cents. Long term he should still come good though.

Agree that SØS needs a proper goalscorer, but where they are now in their development they also seem to need a player to play off of. Or maybe it's our tactics that require it, I dunno. Anyways, Auba is a genuine goal scoring 9 and we still rely on flashes of intensity from the team to win games. I'm arguing we need both, which might be unrealistic tbf.

I hope we get Vlahovic and that I'm dead wrong about him though, that'd be nice :)
What do you think of Amine Gouiri Sebastes? He's unproven but seems to be quietly wracking up decent numbers with what looks like a pretty good so round game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It doesn’t matter how good a goalscorer is. You not gonna get far with those 3 behind a striker. No goals in them for a striker to carry them

Barry

It doesn’t matter how good a goalscorer is. You not gonna get far with those 3 behind a striker. No goals in them for a striker to carry them
Agree, but with several big caveats - all 3 are young and may still become goal-scorers. The Smith looks like he might be moving in this direction already. Also, if there was a bigger contribution from elsewhere it could work - midfield, attacking left-back or even central defenders via set pieces. As it is now we are still light on goals though. Laca coming in for Ødegaard balances this up somewhat

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It has to be Isak. Better on the ball is an understatement. There isn't a complete striker in world football currently. They all have flaws no matter the price. Haaland and Osimhen are the main two on fire and they have flaws on their game.

Isak would be expensive, but his flaws, in my opinion are things that he can develop. Aerially he isn't amazing, but he has the athleticism and bravery to become better at it. His link up play isn't bad and will get better. There are simply things that he has, that you can't teach. Pace, dribbling ability, he has vision.

The question is. Would he come? I reckon if we got into Europe, joining a young project and being the forward that leads it would be appealing to him. I don't think the price would be an issue. If Arteta does well he pretty much earns the right to say who he wants as his striker.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It has to be Isak. Better on the ball is an understatement. There isn't a complete striker in world football currently. They all have flaws no matter the price. Haaland and Osimhen are the main two on fire and they have flaws on their game.

Isak would be expensive, but his flaws, in my opinion are things that he can develop. Aerially he isn't amazing, but he has the athleticism and bravery to become better at it. His link up play isn't bad and will get better. There are simply things that he has, that you can't teach. Pace, dribbling ability, he has vision.

The question is. Would he come? I reckon if we got into Europe, joining a young project and being the forward that leads it would be appealing to him. I don't think the price would be an issue. If Arteta does well he pretty much earns the right to say who he wants as his striker.
He actually said in an interview with the independent today that he wants to play in pl one day, so here’s hoping.

“I’m in a good place at the moment, I’m very happy, but one day it would be nice to play in England as well,” he says. “They have six or seven of the biggest clubs in the world, it’s a very high level, and of course one day it would be an alternative.

6666Louis

Disagree on this hyperbole.

Still young, I’m certain that there’ll be plenty of goals in Saka. And ESR looks a goalscorer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd say Jovic on loan with a 25 million option to buy and Zakaria for a small fee of 8 million seeing as he is going for free at the end of the season. We already know he can play with Xhaka and his physicality would suit the Premier league. Right age profile too.

With Jovic, I think people are sleeping on him. Goonertalk didn't want a restoration project. However pre Real Madrid he showed insane finishing off both feet and aerial ability. He looks built for the Premier League. He also functions in front 2. Imagine he came and banged straight away? That's our Laca replacement sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom