• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 285,719

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Gouiri and a class cm for next year would allow for a 4411 with Gouiri instead of Laca. Or a 433 with Gouiri as a LW with more output than ESR who has great numbers atm, but is overperforming his underlying stats a lot.

I’d like to see ESR in a midfield three sort of like De Bruyne/Gündogan/Bernardo Silva. The we could target a more defensive cm like Tchouameni or Bennacer and play Partey as b2b, or someone like Gravenberch or Kessié and play Partey at the base.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don’t know tbh. Like I think it’s down right stupid to say no to Sterling, but I’m unsure about playing a 4231. Would rather have a 433 with Sterling LW and Gouiri playing a bit like Firmino (a player he has a similar statistical profile too).
That would be nice, but not sure if Arteta moves towards it or not. From the eye test I feel like ESR and Ødegaard both have it in them to be advanced 8’s, and maybe with a new box to box player or a Partey backup we could do that.

The reason I like Sterling is because he guarantees you electricity and 10+ league goals a season. Considering my choices are Isak and Gouiri as strikers, we will need some goals from somewhere considering ESR and Saka are getting there but not quite proven goalscorers.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I agree on Isak, but as a Swede, following him in NT and Sociedad he’s so inconsistent when it comes to his touch. I honestly think Pépé is more consistent on the ball. Isak is the type of player that can, and will dribble/stumble the ball pass the extended goal line even when not being under immense pressure. That’s what puts him off for me. The technique is there, but he’s been consistently inconsistent. He has all the traits of a class striker and if he fixes his touch, concentration or whatever is failing him, he’ll be a monster.
Honestly I'd say the complete opposite, his technique and touch is one of his strenghts imo. In fact I think he's at his best when he gets the ball to feet as much as possible where can combine with teammates or turn and run at defenders. His passing woth both is excellent also.

Where he's inconsistent imo is his finishing, especially when he has time to think instead of just smashing it first time sort of like Walcott back in the day or Morata. He "makes up for it" by scoring a lot anyways but 1v1 against the goalie I wouldn't bank on him to score right now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Gouiri and a class cm for next year would allow for a 4411 with Gouiri instead of Laca. Or a 433 with Gouiri as a LW with more output than ESR who has great numbers atm, but is overperforming his underlying stats a lot.

I’d like to see ESR in a midfield three sort of like De Bruyne/Gündogan/Bernardo Silva. The we could target a more defensive cm like Tchouameni or Bennacer and play Partey as b2b, or someone like Gravenberch or Kessié and play Partey at the base.
I gotta say, that your input as a Swede for Isak is very important for me. I just know he is one of the best striker prospects and what I have seen makes me fine with paying 90 million euros for him. I just don't like that Gouiri is half the price and might be a similar talent.

ESR will be good in the midfield like you say, but I don't think just yet. But he has the intelligence and everything else for it.

Also even if ESR is overperforming his xG now, I stand by my earlier words that he really has a good shot and also the mental qualities for output, which he has proved after I said it.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I'd say the complete opposite, his technique and touch is one of his strenghts imo. In fact I think he's at his best when he gets the ball to feet as much as possible where can combine with teammates or turn and run at defenders. His passing woth both is excellent also.

Where he's inconsistent imo is his finishing, especially when he has time to think instead of just smashing it first time sort of like Walcott back in the day or Morata. He "makes up for it" by scoring a lot anyways but 1v1 against the goalie I wouldn't bank on him to score right now.
We’ll have to agree to disagree then.

I’m not arguing he has a bad touch, I’m saying it’s very inconsistent. I don’t know how much you watch him but he loses the ball a lot due to bad touches, sloppy dribbling etc. Much like Pépé, who’s a better dribbler. Same thing yesterday against Valencia. I counted 5 times where he lost the ball when receiving, dribbling or controlling it.

He comes here at this point in his development and he flops.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From the stats he still squad player at Lille unfortunately and already missed month and half because of injury specially muscular injures in PL he'll get destroyed. No wonder nobody try to get him

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sancho looks incredible in the highlight videos but there's a bunch of red flags on this one for me. There's loads of high quality midfielders around at the moment, don't think he is worth gambling on.

Gunners1616

Sancho looks incredible in the highlight videos but there's a bunch of red flags on this one for me. There's loads of high quality midfielders around at the moment, don't think he is worth gambling on.

He's still only 24... He could be joining for free pretty much. That's quite tempting and the downside seems quite low.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He's still only 24... He could be joining for free pretty much. That's quite tempting and the downside seems quite low.
He'd be tempting for the right fee, especially as he brings something different to what we have... I don't know though...

(Edit - meant Sanchez not Sancho!)

Bloodbather

Established Member

Renato Sanches would be a great addition on a bargain deal. Would add versatility to the midfield. Can't just target him and not sign another CM, though. Too injury prone.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Renato Sanches would be a great addition on a bargain deal. Would add versatility to the midfield. Can't just target him and not sign another CM, though. Too injury prone.
Nah we need ball players in midfield. Same league you have lovro Majer of Rennes. Yes he joined them recently but would be clever signing in the summer. Against the top team it’s clear we are technically way behind

Romain Faivre of Brest is another quality technician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom