• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,305

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vlahovic looks the best CF we've been linked to imo. DCL obvs is PL proven, which is always a plus, but I think he's playing at his peak right now. He's a good player, but not near the elite level for me.

Isak looks good back to goal, but I don't think he's got as much goalscoring potential as Vlahovic, who looks to have an absolutely lethal left foot, as well as being very good in the air.

I think with Saka and ESR out wide, who aren't really wide forwards, we need a goalscoring machine at 9, who will convert a high % of their chances. The big q is obviously whether Arteta's rubbish football would stifle a guy like Vlahovic as it has Auba.
DCL being premier league proven is a massive plus. I think he is maybe a year or two off his peak, but playing with better players may see him develop a little more.

Vlahovic is lethal with his left foot, but England is a different proposition to Italy. I think he will need some adaptation and I feel like we would be a stepping stone for him. From everything he is saying, I don't get the impression he would come to Arsenal and want to become a legend. I'd definitely take him but I don't think he attainable.

Isak is the interesting one for me. I like his attitude, but he has room for growth. He has played with Ødegaard which is big plus, but his qualities are actually very rare in a number 9. Back to goal he is okay, but he can improve. He has blistering pace and really quick feet. He isn't amazing in the air, but he has a leap and can challenge so that is another area he can develop. However as far as finishers go he is good. I think Isak needs work physically. We need to get him in the gym, target the right muscles and really turn him into a frightening prospect. Also. Pay the release clause and he's ours.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
DCL being premier league proven is a massive plus. I think he is maybe a year or two off his peak, but playing with better players may see him develop a little more.

Vlahovic is lethal with his left foot, but England is a different proposition to Italy. I think he will need some adaptation and I feel like we would be a stepping stone for him. From everything he is saying, I don't get the impression he would come to Arsenal and want to become a legend. I'd definitely take him but I don't think he attainable.

Isak is the interesting one for me. I like his attitude, but he has room for growth. He has played with Ødegaard which is big plus, but his qualities are actually very rare in a number 9. Back to goal he is okay, but he can improve. He has blistering pace and really quick feet. He isn't amazing in the air, but he has a leap and can challenge so that is another area he can develop. However as far as finishers go he is good. I think Isak needs work physically. We need to get him in the gym, target the right muscles and really turn him into a frightening prospect. Also. Pay the release clause and he's ours.

Agree with this. I think DCL and Vlahovic have the benefit of being really good attacking crosses, which is obviously a plus for Arteta. Vlahovic looks a far superior finishing though, this may be a stretch but that left foot looks Van Persie esque, has every type of finish in his locker.

I think Vlahovic's stock is rising rapidly, so I think for us to have a chance we have to put in a massive offer in January. I just look at Saka/ESR/Martinelli and struggle to see any of them becoming 20goal plus players any time soon. I think we are going to need a 9 who can provide that, and I'm not sure Isak is that guy.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I think Isak has the highest potential of the three but imo he’ll have a longer adaptation period than Vlahovic because of (lack of) physicality. I’d prefer DCL because of being PL proven but I also don’t think he’s good enough long term. Who’s going to be our next CF is a tough choice that Edu and Arteta really needs to get right.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's really difficult to gage attacking players from the French league. I think he is good, but he doesn't play as lone forward, he isnt good in the air and he isn't scoring the type if goals that really warrant taking a risk on him. I have the same opinion of Gouiri.

I think we are going for a more robust lone centre forward.

Haaland- no chance
Isak - expensive and needs development but attainable
DCL- expensive, proven
Darwin Nunez - knee injury history, erratic
Osimhen- expensive , also erratic
Schik- just moved, is he going to get better?
Vlahovic- seems to have it all, are we being used by his agent?
Dolberg - always injured
Problem with DCL for me is that I can't see what his stand out attribute is. Doesn't score that many, hold up play is ok, technically a bit limited. Not particularly great at running with the ball at feet. Just can't see him being worth the money we'd have to pay (call it the James Maddison dilemma)

Get what you're saying about Gouiri but as a shadow striker I think he's just about the most promising option out there. Questions about whether he works up front by himself though for sure.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Problem with DCL for me is that I can't see what his stand out attribute is. Doesn't score that many, hold up play is ok, technically a bit limited. Not particularly great at running with the ball at feet. Just can't see him being worth the money we'd have to pay (call it the James Maddison dilemma)

Get what you're saying about Gouiri but as a shadow striker I think he's just about the most promising option out there. Questions about whether he works up front by himself though for sure.
Stand out attribute is aerial ability. Probably the best striker in the air in the world I'd say, scoring goals with his head that he has no right to, in the toughest league aerially.

Other standout attributes are strength and speed, poaching ability. He is quite cute with his hold up play but can also run the channels.

He basically is a threat in the air and on the ground in the box, but he is also quick so he is a threat in behind. Not so much a threat on the dribble or outside the box.
Vlahovic is a threat on the edge of the box also, but I wouldn't say he is a threat in behind. Isak is a threat pretty much anywhere as he has the dribbling, shooting and pace. Less so in the air, but he can also poach on the ground. Darwin Nunez has everything, but is chaos. Lacks consistency. A Cavani type.

It's interesting who we go for. DCL ups our game massively. When you consider teams let us go wide currently because we have no box presence, that would no longer be the case, which would open up space elsewhere. The key is all those strikers can hold the ball, so they can buy fouls and get us up the pitch or on DCL Nunez and Isaks case, turn and run the channel.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This club never learns man. Willian replacement on the way.

We’ve become the new Utd.

What player in the right frame of mind would leave an elite club like Liverpool to join a farmers league in France? That should be an automatic red flag 🚩 that it’s all money motivated as he’s won it all. Thomas Partey is another one too, he’s here securing the bag.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Absolutely love Gini, think he's criminally underrated and I often felt Liverpool didn't get the best out of him as he's got so much to offer going forward.

That said Artetas sufferball would stifle him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Edu's targets could be Messi and Prime R9. We'd still flounder under this gimp of a manager. The only targets I want to see are Ten Haag and Overmars before any other player is considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom