• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,827

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcahill

I think we've finally realised that short term fixes to get us back in the CL failed, leaving us with overpaid ageing players. I'm a big fan of our recruitment now, it actually feels like a long term rebuild.

I just don't understand why Arteta absolutely has to be the custodian of this new generation. If anything Arteta's style suits older players more, without pressing and (in theory) hard to break down.

We actually have the players for a pressing system, and whenever we do it we look great. Imagining what a Ten Hag or even Potter could do with our players drives me nuts.

SK___

per, moaning about spending too much & bugging out over youth promotion, just f*** off man

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
per, moaning about spending too much & bugging out over youth promotion, just f*** off man
That's pretty much his job though isn't it - to advocate for the academy set up, don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. Also, spending £150m a year is unsustainable for us unless we up our revenue through CL or better sales or whatever.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Lot less minutes of course so stats may/should drop, but also played most minutes out wide and not at CF (I think?)
He's been living on scraps of game time really. Still, have to treat his numbers with a massive slug of caution because overall the minutes, goals and assists are so low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom