• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,678

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmcjohnson

Once again we can easily find better value striker across Europe for what these English strikers would cost. We talking about 70 million probably and it’s another Ben white situation. Watkins is basically younger laca with less close control
Brexit means Brexit, no ifs, no buts

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You’d have to play him with a pure finisher.

Weirdly I think him and Tammy would be a top partnership. Also Watkins came up as a LW so could play him there as well.

DCL is the best of both. I’d pay mad money for him but he seems to get muscle injuries a lot.
DCL is not a realistic target. Everton is same level as us and has same money. Watkins as wide player ain’t appealing to me.

For me someone like DCL is same level as Yaremchuk who went for 17 million pound this summer

Malky

Established Member
DCL is the one to get!
I said it in the summer and still saying it now - if he keeps himself fit, and with creative players around him (Saka, ESR, Ødegaard, etc ) he has the potential to be an absolute monster for us.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Have been wanting dcl for 2 seasons now. But Everton will fleece us. Don't see it happening.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
As for forwards, Patrik Schick is someone to keep an eye on. Unbelievable feeling for dangerous spaces, killer in front of goal and his allround game has been developing nicely. Really flourishing at Bayer Leverkusen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As for forwards, Patrik Schick is someone to keep an eye on. Unbelievable feeling for dangerous spaces, killer in front of goal and his allround game has been developing nicely. Really flourishing at Bayer Leverkusen.

Bundesliga tax though. Unless he’s called Robert, Jude or Erling then no thanks.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like Watkins and would complement Auba. Plays a lot like Welbz where he presses well, makes a lot of decoy runs, has good link up play and is solid in the air.

DCL I think is another level up again but the only thing with him is he seems to be injured a lot recently. I think Watkins is the safe bet in terms of availability but DCL is a top striker.

Shame we didn’t go after Watkins last summer tbf. Would have been the smart move to make.

Only thing complimenting Auba is a packet of Worthers Originals, the guy’s finished.

Toby

Bundesliga tax though. Unless he’s called Robert, Jude or Erling then no thanks.

Good goal rate for the Czechs, too, including top scorer at the EC.

As many Bundesliga flops there are, there are a lot of hits, too. Think it's got more to do with the profile of player than which league they came from. Firmino, Rüdiger, De Bruyne, Keita seems to have come good, Mané came from the Austrian league even, Groß at Brighton is one of their most important players, then there's Son and Höjberg, Soyüncü.

There's also examples of players going the other way and not coping: There's not only Bellingham and Sancho, e.g. Nelson and Lookman were absolute flops in Germany, Guendouzi was a very mixed bag at Hertha.

Arsenal itself did some very good business with German clubs: Rosicky, Hleb, Mertesacker from the top of my head.

Schick seems very well rounded by now and he's now been scoring regularly at Leipzig and Leverkusen after his bad time at Roma.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...always makes me laugh when fans say this.

Yes, we aren't as good as we were in 2004...but we are still bigger than Everton and Villa in 2021 :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Good goal rate for the Czechs, too, including top scorer at the EC.

As many Bundesliga flops there are, there are a lot of hits, too. Think it's got more to do with the profile of player than which league they came from. Firmino, Rüdiger, De Bruyne, Keita seems to have come good, Mané came from the Austrian league even, Groß at Brighton is one of their most important players, then there's Son and Höjberg, Soyüncü.

There's also examples of players going the other way and not coping: There's not only Bellingham and Sancho, e.g. Nelson and Lookman were absolute flops in Germany, Guendouzi was a very mixed bag at Hertha.

Arsenal itself did some very good business with German clubs: Rosicky, Hleb, Mertesacker from the top of my head.

Schick seems very well rounded by now and he's now been scoring regularly at Leipzig and Leverkusen after his bad time at Roma.
Schick is better than DLC. Similar players, but more skilful

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd rather not buy more HG players who have 3 years in contract if possible. Does it have to be HG for us now? Would be very costly.

Both Ramsdale and White had 3 years in contract.

Both DCL and Watkins have contract until 2025.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I haven't read for a while, how reliable are the sources that we are after DCL from Everton or Watkins from AV & Van de Beek from United? If we can get DCL & Van de Beek that would be awesome, I wouldn't be fussed either way on Watkins.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
i don't know man, ollie watkins ?... i like him and like to see how he fares in another season in the PL to make a proper assessment, but he's intriguing. but i'm not totally sold on calvert-lewin.

Totally, find those names a little uninspiring, especially for what they would cost. I think El Nesryi or Isak are more likely and probably better options a well. I'm very intrigued by Amine Ghouri as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’d rather look at Toney, early days but he looks quality.

DCL and Watkins get good numbers but sometimes they look so poor. Especially the former.

Toby

Totally, find those names a little uninspiring, especially for what they would cost. I think El Nesryi or Isak are more likely and probably better options a well. I'm very intrigued by Amine Ghouri as well.

Amine Gouiri does look very good, had a great start to this season with 5 goals and 3 assists in 8 games.

Summer of 22 could be a good time to snap up some pretty good striking talent with the likes of United, City, Real and PSG having all eyes on Mbappe and Haaland as well as probably Kane again - and if not Kane I could see Pep eyeing a PL proven CF like Calvert-Lewin for a lot of money.

Forwards like Amine Gouiri, Patrik Schick, Sasa Kalajdzic, Arthur Cabral, Sardar Azmoun, Youssef En-Nesyri could all fly under the radar a bit while the big fish battle it out for Mbappe, Haaland and Kane.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I haven't read for a while, how reliable are the sources that we are after DCL from Everton or Watkins from AV & Van de Beek from United? If we can get DCL & Van de Beek that would be awesome, I wouldn't be fussed either way on Watkins.
Van de beek is trash. Not even better than xhaka ffs

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Amine Gouiri does look very good, had a great start to this season with 5 goals and 3 assists in 8 games.

Summer of 22 could be a good time to snap up some pretty good striking talent with the likes of United, City, Real and PSG having all eyes on Mbappe and Haaland as well as probably Kane again - and if not Kane I could see Pep eyeing a PL proven CF like Calvert-Lewin for a lot of money.

Forwards like Amine Gouiri, Patrik Schick, Sasa Kalajdzic, Arthur Cabral, Sardar Azmoun, Youssef En-Nesyri could all fly under the radar a bit while the big fish battle it out for Mbappe, Haaland and Kane.
Azmoun and Schick are very interesting strikers. I would love both here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom